Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

This last issue was totally gripping. More great art with dynamic action but it's really how the story arc wraps up. Those last pages are totally tense and heart-wrenching while still being immediately understandable in the context of Matt's character right now. I really loved it. I think Matt having done it or not can still be in the air but honestly him having done it and that being the reason for how this next arc goes can work strong enough by itself like that. This is quite a fall and it hits really strong. I can't wait to see how this may go and how the later rise Chip gives DD may go.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    I think Matt having done it or not can still be in the air but honestly him having done it and that being the reason for how this next arc goes can work strong enough by itself like that. This is quite a fall and it hits really strong. I can't wait to see how this may go and how the later rise Chip gives DD may go.
    Whether he did kill the guy or not, he’s been significantly affected by his death. To me it looked like he’d embarked thoroughly on the five stages of grief. Issue #2 was all about denial, the fight with Cole was anger, and I figure he hit the bargaining phase with Punisher. Right now I’d say that he’s juggling depression and acceptance.

I guess he’d consider that his 360 degree radar means that it’s no excuse that all he did was shove back an elbow into the body of someone attacking him from behind, who then fell back and hit a wall. It was one less coordinated move while his attention was on the other people he was fighting. And that does seem to be the level that he’s off his game. He’s almost there, but not quite, and that not quite makes him dangerous to himself and others.

So far this run is turning into a grand tour of all aspects of Matt’s life and relationships, though mainly on the Daredevil side. I’m hoping that if he’s hung up the horns for a while we might get to see him do some lawyering in the near future.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

DD#5 was...PERFECTION!!! (yes I'm shouting).

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I’ll ask again...did Daredevil actually do it? Or is this some very, very, tightly knitted plot to get to the moment we got in #5?
    Still time for a swerve but at this point it sure seems like he did it.

And frankly that’s a great take. He didn’t do it on purpose, but y’know, if you hit people hard enough for long enough, eventually someone’s going to die. That’s what Spidey and the Defenders are telling him.

At this point if they do swerve away from that, it would undermine the narrative.
    Cheers - CL

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
    Still time for a swerve but at this point it sure seems like he did it.

And frankly that’s a great take. He didn’t do it on purpose, but y’know, if you hit people hard enough for long enough, eventually someone’s going to die. That’s what Spidey and the Defenders are telling him.

At this point if they do swerve away from that, it would undermine the narrative.
    Agreed. At this point in the story, it seems to me that it's a better narrative if he did do it.

Daredevil and Echo by Chris Samnee

I wish more had been done with Echo. She was such a fascinating character when she showed up.. that it actually took some of the sting out of losing Karen Page a few issues before.

I've always HATED Elektra and Mary and Milla and Natasha… but especially Elektra I was really kind of excited for a NEW kick butt female love interest but... it just dropped off and went nowhere.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yep. A lot of untapped potential with Echo. Hopefully she comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yep. A lot of untapped potential with Echo. Hopefully she comes back.
    She's been prominently featured in the new Captain Marvel book, so maybe Kelly Thompson has plans for her somewhere

Extraordinary Member

I hate when continuity is forgotten...For example...in the Man Without Fear limited/trade...DD kills a hitman....deflects a bullet right back into his head to save a kid....but now Matt is acting like he never dropped a body.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Daredevil and Echo by Chris Samnee

very nice
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I hate when continuity is forgotten...For example...in the Man Without Fear limited/trade...DD kills a hitman....deflects a bullet right back into his head to save a kid....but now Matt is acting like he never dropped a body.
    That Frank Miller story is only ambiguously in continuity. Parts of it clearly are, but other parts (such as where Matt went to College) appear to not be.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I wish more had been done with Echo. She was such a fascinating character when she showed up.. that it actually took some of the sting out of losing Karen Page a few issues before.

I've always HATED Elektra and Mary and Milla and Natasha… but especially Elektra I was really kind of excited for a NEW kick butt female love interest but... it just dropped off and went nowhere.
    Yes, Echo was a welcome addition and a kind of soothing balm following the loss of Karen. I was ok with Elektra (Miller's run is my favourite) but never really took to Heather, Gloriana or Milla. Mary I absolutely disliked. Natasha was fine and I like seeing her appear in Daredevil's 's run although I always found their beginning together as a couple kind of hazy. I also quite liked Kirsten and felt she got a raw deal. She and Matt were very happy, reminiscent of Matt's and Karen's time together.

It'd be good to see a solid several issue team-up of Matt and Echo.

I’d love more Echo and Daredevil action too.

BANNED

The comicbook character Echo is deaf right? And the character reads lips right? So can the character read lips when facing a character wearing a mask that covers their mouth?