Page 21 of 74 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

I would love to see Daredevil and Punisher at least renewed at Hulu or Amazon or something.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I would love to see Daredevil and Punisher at least renewed at Hulu or Amazon or something.
    I'm hoping that Daredevil and Iron Fist will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Here's the whole letter from Jeph Loeb to Marvel TV fans:

It had never been done before.

Four separate television series, each with different super-talented showrunners, writers, directors, cast and crew, coming out months apart and then...

...they would meet in a single event series all set in the heart of New York City.

We called them The Defenders.

And together we were thrilled by stories of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and even the Punisher joined in!

They said it couldn't be done.

But Marvel assembled amazing teams to write, produce, direct, edit, and score 13 seasons and 161 one-hour episodes.

Take a moment and go online and look at the dazzling list of actors, writers, directors, and musicians who graced us with the very best of their craft.

We loved each and every minute of it.

And we did it all for you -- the fans -- who cheered for us around the world and made all the hard work worth it.

So, Thank You!

On behalf of everyone at Marvel Television, we couldn't be more proud or more grateful to our audience.

Our Network partner may have decided they no longer want to continue telling the tales of these great characters... but you know Marvel better than that.

As Matthew Murdock's Dad once said, "The measure of a man is not how he gets knocked to the mat, it's how he gets back up."

To be continued...!

- Jeph Loeb and all of us at Marvel Television

There is hope....
    So, the Devil is down but not out yet....
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    So, the Devil is down but not out yet....
    For two years according to their contract anyway........
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Depends if they buy back the rights, Thats Feasibly Possible
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Let’s hope whoever picks up the show next economizes the time better and doesn’t utterly waste so much of it on useless characters doing useless things to pad the run time there obviously isn’t enough story to fill. It’s a nifty feature, but I’d like to able watch DD without having utilize the skip feature so unrelentingly often in order to enjoy an episode.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Maybe cut down to 8 episodes.
    Charlie Cox IS Daredevil. Won’t be happy if he doesn’t get years and years to shine in this role.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Let’s hope whoever picks up the show next economizes the time better and doesn’t utterly waste so much of it on useless characters doing useless things to pad the run time there obviously isn’t enough story to fill. It’s a nifty feature, but I’d like to able watch DD without having utilize the skip feature so unrelentingly often in order to enjoy an episode.
    We're not having this conversation again. I don't want to watch Matt/Daredevil 100% of the time in every single episode. There needs to be other characters with other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Charlie Cox IS Daredevil. Won’t be happy if he doesn’t get years and years to shine in this role.
    Agreed! I have zero interest seeing anyone else in the role.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    We're not having this conversation again. I don't want to watch Matt/Daredevil 100% of the time in every single episode. There needs to be other characters with other threads.
    Only if they’re actually compelling and well acted and relevant and have something of actual substance worth watching.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-18-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Agreed! I have zero interest seeing anyone else in the role.
    He was absolutely the best part of the show (and THANKFULLY so considering some of the other very questionable casting), but I think we all know if the show returns elsewhere the whole cast will be new (again, thankfully so in the case of some casting).

At the very least that's a lot of time to find a new home and plan something good!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Yes, I definitely think 13 episodes is way too much. 8-10 max would be just fine.

I'm a little behind most of you as I've just finished watching Iron Fist S2. I enjoyed it and ten episodes was about right. As mentioned before, I'm in the minority as someone who rates Netflix's IF S1 very highly. Very good character development, interesting and enjoyable. It's not so easy finding time and I've been watching all the MCU series chronologically including all the Netflix series and Agents of SHIELD, Cloak & Dagger and Runaways. Looking forward to digging into Daredevil S3 hopefully in the very near future.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

The problem with Daredevil and the rest of the Netflix shows isn’t necessarily that they have too many episodes, but the fact that they‘re written as if they have less episodes. They take one single conflict and they drag it out way too long. I think these shows don’t really get that you can have episodes that stand as stories on their own (with individual conflicts, themes, mini-character arcs) instead of chunks of something bigger. Basically, the Netflix Marvel shows feel like overly-long miniseries instead of actual TV shows.

I think I talked about how Charlie Cox doesn’t come off as a charismatic or skilled lawyer in the last thread, but if I’m giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and reading it as a creative decision meant to reflect the fact that Matt is young and inexperienced in the show, then it would have been nice to have more seasons to see Matt come into his own.

Or maybe all the legal stuff isn’t meant to be real; that’s the only explanation I can come up with for when Matt had his direct examination of Frank Castle as a hostile witness and then proceeded to shout at the jury for five minutes
    Last edited by responsarbre; 02-19-2019 at 11:28 AM.