Page 37 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Great, great issue!
    spoilers:
    This was basically a different take on the rooftop scene from both the show and the comics. On how many occasions has DD been seen using firearms before? I can't really recall any of those moments.
    I thought it was a bit harsh calling Frank an amateur lol.
    I'm really curious about why he took his shirt
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He took the shirt probably because he's going to be doing the punishing from now on, but in his own Daredevil way. He also came to the realization that he killed the store thief, therefore probably no mystery there but who knows. The thing that resonated with me the most was when Det. North hung the phone up on Fisk. The last person he wanted to get friendly with was Fisk and he's now probably started to realize what a mess-up he's made due to his over zealousness in bringing in Daredevil. Coupled with the fact that Daredevil handed over Frank, we may just see a Daredevil/Cole team-up in bringing down Fisk.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Daaaaamn!! Another freakin' WOW issue!

This was one of the greatest DD/Punisher face-offs ever. We've seen similar confrontations between these two before but Dzarsky really delivers some choice moments and exchanges here. As much of a Punisher fan as I am, I always think that Matt should hold the upper hand both morally and as a fighter and, boy, he sure did here.

spoilers:
    I wouldn't read anything much into DD wearing Frank's skull shirt at the end. I think he just a) wanted to strip Frank of it and b) needed a shirt to wear. It's not like this is going to be a new costume for DD.
    end of spoilers

Let me add to the praise! Today’s issue was absolutely amazing! So many awesome moments and lines and that breathtaking art by Checchetto! Just WOW!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Re: Daredevil #4

spoilers:

I hope the last panel isn't supposed to mean Daredevil is becoming the Punisher. If anything, the rest of the issue pushed directly against that. I had some concerns building to this issue, but I thought all of them were addressed. Matt remained who he was. They didn't sugarcoat the problems with his moral code but they didn't have him abandon his code for something infinitely worse. They also didn't try to make Daredevil killing someone a cop out. I think the death was absolutely a justified homicide, but that doesn't necessarily make it right. Castle tried to demonstrate that with the guy he killed. In theory they were the same, but the intent was clearly different. The Punisher wanted that guy to grab that gun specifically so he could kill him.
    end of spoilers

War of the Realms: War Scrolls was fine. I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to pick it up, though.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Daredevil and Punisher put on a spectacular show yet again

Agreed with the above!!! Zdarsky is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers. That scene where Matt says, “I’m the devil” with the flames around gave me chills!

Also, I have never been a big fan of the Punisher so I was glad to see him be put in his place.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

DD's appearance in the War Scrolls WotR's tie-in was pretty nifty. I don't know if I would call it a must read just because it's one story along with three others of varying quality but I'm glad I picked it up just for DD alone and will get the rest of the series. Sorrentino's art is fantastic and the premise, obviously, is a change of pace for DD and the rest of the story promises to be a fun ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Agreed with the above!!! Zdarsky is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers. That scene where Matt says, “I’m the devil” with the flames around gave me chills!

Also, I have never been a big fan of the Punisher so I was glad to see him be put in his place.
    So good!!

DAREDEVIL #8
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • LALIT KUMAR SHARMA (A)
    Cover by CHIP ZDARSKY
    CARNAGE-IZED VARIANT COVER BY LEE GARBETT
    • With Daredevil still missing, his shadow looms large over Hell’s Kitchen…and ordinary citizens are starting to feel his absence.
    • Detective Cole North may think he’s stopped Daredevil, but there are bigger problems coming his way!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

DAREDEVIL BY CHIP ZDARSKY VOL. 1: TO KNOW FEAR TPB
    Written by CHIP ZDARSKY
    Penciled by MARCO CHECCHETTO, CHIP ZDARSKY & LALIT KUMAR SHARMA
    Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    The next chapter in the ever-surprising saga of Daredevil! After a brush with death, Matt Murdock must piece together his shattered life — and that includes returning to action as Daredevil! But years of trauma have taken their toll, and becoming the guardian of Hell’s Kitchen he once was won’t be easy. Mistakes will be made along the way — and this time, one might actually prove to be the end of him. Because when a criminal dies, and Daredevil takes the blame, Matt must go on the run in a desperate bid to clear his name! But even he can’t outrun judgment forever. And with DD’s absence from Hell’s Kitchen, the real devils can come out to play. Collecting DAREDEVIL (2019) #1-6.
    144 PGS./Rated T+ …$19.99

WAR OF THE REALMS TPB
    Written by JASON AARON
    Penciled by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    Asgard. Alfheim. Heven. Jotunheim. Muspelheim. Niffleheim. Nidavellir. Svartalfheim. Vanaheim. All of the Ten Realms have fallen to Malekith and his army, except one: Midgard. Home to Thor’s beloved humans. Home to heroes and gods alike. Now, at last, Midgard burns. All hell breaks loose in New York City as Malekith and his allies begin their invasion — and our greatest heroes watch as Earth falls! With Thor trapped in the land of the Frost Giants and Earth’s forces overwhelmed, Black Panther, Jane Foster and Doctor Strange undertake a desperate gamble. What can possibly stop Malekith and his army? Spider-Man, Daredevil, Punisher, Ghost Rider, Blade, Hulk and more join the fray as Jason Aaron’s epic Thor saga explodes across the Marvel Universe in an event for the ages! Collecting WAR OF THE REALMS #1-6 and WAR OF THE REALMS: OMEGA.
    192 PGS./Rated T+ …$29.99

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    That might be the first cover from this run that I've truly loved.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    That might be the first cover from this run that I've truly loved.
    The cover to issue two is my favorite so far but all of Tedesco’s covers have been incredible.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 04-18-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member

While I didn't quite enjoy this issue as much as the last, I would definitely like to heap on to the praise that's being thrown it's way. My favorite DD stories tend to be one's where he's hit rock bottom, but the follow up stories where he builds himself back up are a close runner up.

In re to that ending, though...

spoilers:
    My impression from the internal dialogue, the pill popping, and the Punisher T, is that while he's clearly not going to go on some sort of Punisher-esque killing spree, he is going to push himself harder than he should in his condition, especially since he's now not only still recovering from literally being hit by a truck, but a brand spanking new bullet wound on top of that. Coupled with the fact that we really haven't seen any sort of indication that he's interested in restarting his legal career or living much of a life at all outside of being DD, I get the feeling that this isn't going to go well for him. He's going to push himself too hard, too fast, and given that he' unlikely to give himself any sort of break/proper time to recuperate, things are only going to get worse for him from there...

...which is exactly the kind of DD stories I love the most.
    end of spoilers
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    The cover to issue two is my favorite so far but all of Tedesco’s covers have been incredible.
    If I'm being totally honest, so far I'm not very fond of the covers for this run.