Page 47 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I can't believe I forgot about the Defenders. Not all of the time involved Doctor Strange, but there was certainly some overlap there.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I had completely forgotten about his appearance in Guardian Devil. Thanks for responding!

Perfect! Thanks Raffi! I was very interested in older appearances.
    You're very welcome Jekyll. I sctually have most of the early Defenders issues with Daredevil - I bought them as a kid when collecting Daredevil. The Doctor Strange issue I picked up a few years back when I was searching for Daredevil appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I can't believe I forgot about the Defenders. Not all of the time involved Doctor Strange, but there was certainly some overlap there.
    That's why I only detailed those issues that had both Doctor Strange and Daredevil. Other Defenders issues which costarred Daredevil but without Strange were Defenders #89-91

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    You're very welcome Jekyll. I sctually have most of the early Defenders issues with Daredevil - I bought them as a kid when collecting Daredevil. The Doctor Strange issue I picked up a few years back when I was searching for Daredevil appearances.
    We have a local comic con coming up so I am putting together a list of comics to hunt down, your suggestions are definitely on my list
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

We have a local comic con coming up so I am putting together a list of comics to hunt down, your suggestions are definitely on my list
    Hey Jekyll, below is a list of major Daredevil appearances that I put together some time ago for Matt_Murdock. The list only focuses on Matt's appearances during Daredevil #1-380 (Vol. 1, 1964). I also detailed where they should be read between the Daredevil comics. Please note that some appear in the various Daredevil Epic Collections and Daredevil Marvel Masterworks.

Fantastic Four (Vol. 1) #39-40 (Jun-Jul 1965) – DD and FF team up against Doctor Doom. Why this is not included in any Daredevil Collected Edition such as the DD Epic Collection Vol. 1 or DD Omnibus Vol. 1 beats me. DD and FF both play more or less equal roles in these 2 issues. I have these issues in both Best of Fantastic Four Vol. 1 OHC and the Fantastic Four Vol. 1 Omnibus.

Fantastic Four (Vol. 1) #73

Iron Man #35-36 (Mar-Apr 1971) [DD #73 before IM #36]

Avengers #110-111 (Apr-May 1973) [DD #99 before A #111]

Marvel Two-in-One #3 (May 1974) [after DD #109]

Defenders #24-25 (Jun-Jul 1975). Daredevil and the Defenders fight the Sons of the Serpent. This is further referenced in Waid’s Daredevil run - Javier Rodriguez in one panel draws a tribute to the cover of issue #24. [probably before DD #124]

Ghost Rider #20 (Oct 1976) [after DD #138]

Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man (PPSSM) #26-28 (Jan-Mar 1979). Not a spectacular story, but interesting from the perspective of issue #27 being Frank Miller’s first work on Daredevil. [probably after DD #157]

Mavel Team-Up Annual #4 (1981) – Mega team-up of Spider-Man, Daredevil, Power Man, Iron Fist, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing and Moon Knight. The villains: Kingpin and Purple Man. Perfect for the Netflix series. Script and cover by Frank Miller. I purchased the floppy as I couldn’t find it in any DD collected edition. [probably before DD #168 or 183?]

Power Man & Iron Fist #77 (Jan 1982) – [after DD #178]

Marvel Team-Up #140-141 (Apr-May 1984). Issue #140 is titled Spider-Man and Black Widow but Matt also appears and we all know how relevant Black Widow is to DD’s history. Issue #141 has the rare occurrence of DD “beating” Spider-Man. I managed to purchase the 2 floppies before #141 shot up in price due to the first appearance of Spidey’s black costume. [probably after DD#205]

The Sin-Eater/Death of Jean DeWolff storyline in Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man (Vol. 1) #107-110 (Oct 1985-Jan 1986). Daredevil plays a crucial role teaming up with and “fighting” Spidey but more importantly trying to calm Spidey down from going too far in taking revenge. I initially picked up #110 but ended up acquiring The Death of Jean DeWolff PHC for the complete story. [after DD #226]

Marvel Fanfare #27 (Jul 1986) [after DD #203]

Amazing Spider-Man #284-286 Gang War [after DD #241]

In between Volume 1 (1964) and Volume 2 (1998), I also read the Nighthawk 3-issue mini-series which has Daredevil in a major co-starring role. Written by Jim Krueger and art by Richard Case & Bob Wiacek. This was in continuity and although it was mainly focused on Nighthawk, it picked up on a theme dropped by Ann Nocenti during Daredevil’s stint in hell and his confrontation with Mephisto. A pretty good story and well worth reading, in particular for Daredevil fans.

The following are of lesser importance:

Incredible Hulk #151-152
    (Jun-Jul 1972). Matt defends the Hulk in court.

Marvel Team-Up #25 (Sep 1974) [after DD#112], #56 (Apr 1977) [after #144], #73 (Sep 1978)[after DD #154] and #123 (Nov 1982 [before DD #183]). I have all these issues but they are nothing to write home about. Average stories with DD/Spidey villains such as The Unholy Trio, Electro and The Owl.

Defenders: Giant Size #3 (Jan 1975)[before DD #119], #89-91 (Nov 1980–Jan 1981), #104-107 (Feb-Jun 1982). Daredevil teams up with the Defenders. I would say worthwhile if you’re a big DD fan but not imperative to the regular Daredevil ongoing as far as I remember.

Marvel Two-in-One #37-39 (Apr-May 1978) [before #152].

Captain America #234-236 (Jun-Aug 1979)[after DD #157], #374-376 (Aug-Sep 1990). Daredevil teams up with Cap. In the latter issues (Streets of Poison) there are appearances by DD costars Kingpin, Black Widow, Bullseye and Typhoid Mary.

Avengers #190-191 (Dec 1979-Jan 1980). DD teams up with the Avengers against the Grey Gargole. [after DD #167]

Moon Knight #13 (Nov 1981)[before DD #183]

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hey Jekyll, below is a list of major Daredevil appearances that I put together some time ago for Matt_Murdock. The list only focuses on Matt's appearances during Daredevil #1-380 (Vol. 1, 1964). I also detailed where they should be read between the Daredevil comics. Please note that some appear in the various Daredevil Epic Collections and Daredevil Marvel Masterworks.

Fantastic Four (Vol. 1) #39-40 (Jun-Jul 1965) – DD and FF team up against Doctor Doom. Why this is not included in any Daredevil Collected Edition such as the DD Epic Collection Vol. 1 or DD Omnibus Vol. 1 beats me. DD and FF both play more or less equal roles in these 2 issues. I have these issues in both Best of Fantastic Four Vol. 1 OHC and the Fantastic Four Vol. 1 Omnibus.

Fantastic Four (Vol. 1) #73

Iron Man #35-36 (Mar-Apr 1971) [DD #73 before IM #36]

Avengers #110-111 (Apr-May 1973) [DD #99 before A #111]

Marvel Two-in-One #3 (May 1974) [after DD #109]

Defenders #24-25 (Jun-Jul 1975). Daredevil and the Defenders fight the Sons of the Serpent. This is further referenced in Waid’s Daredevil run - Javier Rodriguez in one panel draws a tribute to the cover of issue #24. [probably before DD #124]

Ghost Rider #20 (Oct 1976) [after DD #138]

Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man (PPSSM) #26-28 (Jan-Mar 1979). Not a spectacular story, but interesting from the perspective of issue #27 being Frank Miller’s first work on Daredevil. [probably after DD #157]

Mavel Team-Up Annual #4 (1981) – Mega team-up of Spider-Man, Daredevil, Power Man, Iron Fist, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing and Moon Knight. The villains: Kingpin and Purple Man. Perfect for the Netflix series. Script and cover by Frank Miller. I purchased the floppy as I couldn’t find it in any DD collected edition. [probably before DD #168 or 183?]

Power Man & Iron Fist #77 (Jan 1982) – [after DD #178]

Marvel Team-Up #140-141 (Apr-May 1984). Issue #140 is titled Spider-Man and Black Widow but Matt also appears and we all know how relevant Black Widow is to DD’s history. Issue #141 has the rare occurrence of DD “beating” Spider-Man. I managed to purchase the 2 floppies before #141 shot up in price due to the first appearance of Spidey’s black costume. [probably after DD#205]

The Sin-Eater/Death of Jean DeWolff storyline in Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man (Vol. 1) #107-110 (Oct 1985-Jan 1986). Daredevil plays a crucial role teaming up with and “fighting” Spidey but more importantly trying to calm Spidey down from going too far in taking revenge. I initially picked up #110 but ended up acquiring The Death of Jean DeWolff PHC for the complete story. [after DD #226]

Marvel Fanfare #27 (Jul 1986) [after DD #203]

Amazing Spider-Man #284-286 Gang War [after DD #241]

In between Volume 1 (1964) and Volume 2 (1998), I also read the Nighthawk 3-issue mini-series which has Daredevil in a major co-starring role. Written by Jim Krueger and art by Richard Case & Bob Wiacek. This was in continuity and although it was mainly focused on Nighthawk, it picked up on a theme dropped by Ann Nocenti during Daredevil’s stint in hell and his confrontation with Mephisto. A pretty good story and well worth reading, in particular for Daredevil fans.

The following are of lesser importance:

Incredible Hulk #151-152
    (Jun-Jul 1972). Matt defends the Hulk in court.

Marvel Team-Up #25 (Sep 1974) [after DD#112], #56 (Apr 1977) [after #144], #73 (Sep 1978)[after DD #154] and #123 (Nov 1982 [before DD #183]). I have all these issues but they are nothing to write home about. Average stories with DD/Spidey villains such as The Unholy Trio, Electro and The Owl.

Defenders: Giant Size #3 (Jan 1975)[before DD #119], #89-91 (Nov 1980–Jan 1981), #104-107 (Feb-Jun 1982). Daredevil teams up with the Defenders. I would say worthwhile if you’re a big DD fan but not imperative to the regular Daredevil ongoing as far as I remember.

Marvel Two-in-One #37-39 (Apr-May 1978) [before #152].

Captain America #234-236 (Jun-Aug 1979)[after DD #157], #374-376 (Aug-Sep 1990). Daredevil teams up with Cap. In the latter issues (Streets of Poison) there are appearances by DD costars Kingpin, Black Widow, Bullseye and Typhoid Mary.

Avengers #190-191 (Dec 1979-Jan 1980). DD teams up with the Avengers against the Grey Gargole. [after DD #167]

Moon Knight #13 (Nov 1981)[before DD #183]
    This is fantastic!!! Thank you so much!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

This is fantastic!!! Thank you so much!
    Any time mate. It's not an exhaustive list, though.

Also of note is Punisher #10 (Aug 1988) which should be read in conjunction with Daredevil #257, Punisher War Journal #1-2 and also the Punisher War Journal (#45-47)/Nomad (#4-6) crossover issues for the terrible Dead Man's Hand arc in Daredevil #307-309.

MARVEL COMICS #1000 Variant Cover:

DAREDEVIL #9
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W)
    LALIT KUMAR SHARMA (A)
    Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    Bring on the Bad Guys Variant Cover by TBA
    • There’s a new DAREDEVIL in town, and Matt Murdock has no idea who it is!
    • Neither does Cole North, the tough-as-nails detective who’s been hot on the Guardian Devil’s trail for weeks.
    • Can Matt Murdock truly live a life without Daredevil? Can Cole?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

DAREDEVIL #10
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W)
    LALIT KUMAR SHARMA (A)
    Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    Bring on the Bad Guys Variant
    Cover by JUNG-GEUN YOON
    “NO DEVILS, ONLY GOD” CONCLUDES!
    • Matt Murdock comes face-to-face with the choices he’s made.
    • Hell’s Kitchen rises up to fill the void!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Incredible Member

That #1000 cover is pretty sick.

WAR OF THE REALMS: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN/DAREDEVIL TPB
    Written by SEAN RYAN & JASON AARON
    Penciled by NICO LEON & ANDREA SORRENTINO
    Cover by KEN LASHLEY
    War on two fronts! To win the War of the Realms, Earth needs the League of Realms! And who better to serve as the legendary team’s new leader (and Midgardian member) than…Spider-Man?! The wall-crawler joins Screwbeard the Dwarf, Ud the Troll, Ro Bloodroot the Wizard, Sir Ivory Honeyshot the Light Elf and Titanya the Mountain Giant! But who will represent Asgard as the members of the League fight for their lives (and all of existence) against former member Kurse? Then, from Jason Aaron, the architect of WAR OF THE REALMS, comes a Daredevil story like no other! Gifted the incredible sight of the Bifrost, will Daredevil watch Midgard burn — or can the defender of Hell’s Kitchen guard an entire Earth turned to Hell? Collecting WAR OF THE REALMS: SPIDER-MAN & THE LEAGUE OF REALMS #1-3 and material from WAR OF THE REALMS: WAR SCROLLS #1-3.
    112 PGS./Rated T …$15.99

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    That #1000 cover is pretty sick.
    Yes, pretty amazing cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    mmm.. I know art and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but to me this is an immediate drop off.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    mmm.. I know art and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but to me this is an immediate drop off.
    It is but I think it’s ok.