Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    DD could use more melee weapons in his repertoire on a case by case basis.
    He did use a sword towards the end of Soule's run. But the clubs are a staple. I'm cool with just them.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    He did use a sword towards the end of Soule's run. But the clubs are a staple. I'm cool with just them.
    The staff is cool, too. I wish he used that more often like he did in Waid's run.

D395E26F-0A9D-4E10-ACA5-B3D791AAE89B.jpg

Rewatching season 2 now for the Punisher’s Return. Now I’m saddened again that its gone
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Incredible Member

So my 2 books finally arrive and I'm not totally happy as they are both very soft and floppy, even The covers.
    I can live with it I suppose, I just hope The covers doesn't start to curl, as they are pretty wavy as they are right now.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    So my 2 books finally arrive and I'm not totally happy as they are both very soft and floppy, even The covers.
    I can live with it I suppose, I just hope The covers doesn't start to curl, as they are pretty wavy as they are right now.
    Which books are you talking about?

If one of them is the Daredevil Epic Collection Root of Evil TPB, then yes, this is an extremely bad quality trade. One of the worst I've ever seen.

MAN WITHOUT FEAR #5 Variant by GERARDO ZAFFINO:

Pretty fantastic.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Which books are you talking about?

If one of them is the Daredevil Epic Collection Root of Evil TPB, then yes, this is an extremely bad quality trade. One of the worst I've ever seen.
    Oh sorry, I'm talking about the new Marvel KNights DD reprints. Specifically Parts of a hole and Unusual Suspects.

DAREDEVIL & DR. STRANGE by CIAN TORMEY:

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Oh sorry, I'm talking about the new Marvel KNights DD reprints. Specifically Parts of a hole and Unusual Suspects.
    That's a shame. The recent quality in Marvel TPBs has definitely diminished. I'm more a HC collector and only pick up TPBs if the material is unavailable in OHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    That's a shame. The recent quality in Marvel TPBs has definitely diminished. I'm more a HC collector and only pick up TPBs if the material is unavailable in OHC.
    That’s definitely true. I’ve switched to OHC and Omnibus editions when it comes to Marvel books, because their quality on those is still almost excellent. Their TPBs on the other hand, not so much. But I supposed that’s what they’re supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man Without Beer View Post
    That’s definitely true. I’ve switched to OHC and Omnibus editions when it comes to Marvel books, because their quality on those is still almost excellent. Their TPBs on the other hand, not so much. But I supposed that’s what they’re supposed to be.
    I've been purchasing Omnibuses for eight years or so now, and unfortunately several years ago their quality also suffered a mishap. Omnibuses and OHCs now no longer have the faux leather hardcovers they once used to have and the paper has got markedly thinner.

Saying that, I still avidly purchase Omnibuses as they are of a higher quality to TPBs as you noted and it's always a treat to see good art in an oversized format.

DAREDEVIL by ALEX MALEEV:

Quote Originally Posted by The Man Without Beer View Post
    Omnibuses and OHC's do look really nice and I saw the appeal for a while. But I decided going TPB was the way to go for me. They're cheaper and easier to read (even though the art in the OHC/omnibus is usually beautiful). They take up less space for me too which is huge. However, I usually only stick to Epic, Ultimate, and Complete collections.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Has Larry Cranston ever come back since Brubaker had him ruin Matts life?

DAREDEVIL vs. ROGUES GALLERY Commission by BOB LAYTON: