Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 292
  1. #181
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    7,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Higher, farther, faster and it extends to ticket sales. So fitting.
    She's ranking in presales WITH the other biggest MCU films: Infinity War & Black Panther.

    Infinity War was a culmination BLOCKBUSTER every MCU fan was losing their minds over to see.
    Black Panther proved to be an astounding cultural phenomenon that shattered quite a few expectations.
    To have Captain Marvel ranking so high based on HYPE ??? That is an incredible achievement IMHO. I hope it proves as worthy as I want it to be.

  2. #182
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,208

    Default

    It's just a shame they had to create a fake Carol to sell the masses.

    But I hope the movie does okay.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

  3. #183
    Mighty Member LordUltimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    It's just a shame they had to create a fake Carol to sell the masses.
    Um, what do you mean by that?

  4. #184
    Astonishing Member mikeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Grand Rapids,Mich
    Posts
    2,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    She's ranking in presales WITH the other biggest MCU films: Infinity War & Black Panther.

    Infinity War was a culmination BLOCKBUSTER every MCU fan was losing their minds over to see.
    Black Panther proved to be an astounding cultural phenomenon that shattered quite a few expectations.
    To have Captain Marvel ranking so high based on HYPE ??? That is an incredible achievement IMHO. I hope it proves as worthy as I want it to be.
    Well...Before you start popping the corks on the Champaign...
    HTTP://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAqEihcF360

  5. #185
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    6,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The JL movie under preformed, but it wasn't a financial disaster. It opened really strong, but dropped off really quickly. Critically is was a mess but it wasn't the HUGE FLOP that some people want to pretend it was.
    Its opening weekend, iirc, would still be a disappointing number for Captain Marvel.

    By the way, I recently read Uncanny X-Men #350 where Rogue explicitly mentioned that she still had some form of Carol's Seventh Sense. I don't think I recall them talking about Rogue having that ability before that point, but I may had forgotten it. Still, we're talking mid-90s so it's cool they still remembered to talk about it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

    I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

    Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

  6. #186
    Unapologetic Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Wundagore Mtn.
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    She used it once before, during Claremont’s run, where she, Colossus and Nightcrawler fought against the Magus.
    “I think I wanted to shatter the female stereotypes—virgin, wh0re, b!tch, ditz, feminist, Girl Scout, all-suffering mother...” Ann Nocenti

  7. #187
    Astonishing Member mikeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Grand Rapids,Mich
    Posts
    2,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    She used it once before, during Claremont’s run, where she, Colossus and Nightcrawler fought against the Magus.
    That was UXM#192.

  8. #188
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    6,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    She used it once before, during Claremont’s run, where she, Colossus and Nightcrawler fought against the Magus.
    I believe that. It's probably been at least three years since I read those issues. Since I'm reading Ms. Marvel now, it's much easier when I spot a connection.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

    I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

    Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

  9. #189
    Astonishing Member mikeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Grand Rapids,Mich
    Posts
    2,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Its opening weekend, iirc, would still be a disappointing number for Captain Marvel.

    By the way, I recently read Uncanny X-Men #350 where Rogue explicitly mentioned that she still had some form of Carol's Seventh Sense. I don't think I recall them talking about Rogue having that ability before that point, but I may had forgotten it. Still, we're talking mid-90s so it's cool they still remembered to talk about it.
    The last time I can find Rogue mentioning having a Seven Sense was UXM#359. Rogue says "...But Ah feel like Ah got some Seventh Sense tellin' me somethin's wrong here."

  10. #190
    Astonishing Member mikeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Grand Rapids,Mich
    Posts
    2,846

    Default

    I wonder...since the reveal of Carol getting her powers from her Kree mom, what did Rogue actually get when she took Carol's powers?

  11. #191
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    702

    Default

    So while I’m mainly curious how Captain Marvel will end as we know we have to time jump to catch up to the present it makes me wonder how they will set up for a sequel and what will happen to the supporting cast for captain marvel 2. Also, would people rather see a full on space movie for the sequel or more earth based given whatever the outcome of avengers is?

  12. #192
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I wonder...since the reveal of Carol getting her powers from her Kree mom, what did Rogue actually get when she took Carol's powers?
    I remember dialogue when rogue or someone used to say that rogue's half alien now?

  13. #193
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Um, what do you mean by that?
    obviously that this carol has completely different powers, origin, and probably even personality.

  14. #194
    Unapologetic Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Wundagore Mtn.
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    I remember dialogue when rogue or someone used to say that rogue's half alien now?
    Professor X did a lot, especially when she first joined, and couldn’t read her mind because of the synthesis.
    “I think I wanted to shatter the female stereotypes—virgin, wh0re, b!tch, ditz, feminist, Girl Scout, all-suffering mother...” Ann Nocenti

  15. #195
    Spectacular Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    247

    Default

    First time Captain Marvel reader...

    That issue was so fucking cool!
    Baby Thanos

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •