Page 116 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1998

I believe the photon blast is a power she gained as Binary. Remember, it was a discard and draw situation. When Rogue absorbed her, Carol lost her original powers. When she became Binary, she got all except the precognitive Seventh Sense ability back (i.e. flight, strength, energy absorption, stamina, durability). Her modern powers are a weaker version of Binary's (which were originally said to be burned out when she switched to the Warbird identity, but it turns out they just need to recharge, which takes a long time), though she can now go into Binary mode when the situation calls for it. She's usually strong enough without the power up though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I believe the photon blast is a power she gained as Binary. Remember, it was a discard and draw situation. When Rogue absorbed her, Carol lost her original powers. When she became Binary, she got all except the precognitive Seventh Sense ability back (i.e. flight, strength, energy absorption, stamina, durability). Her modern powers are a weaker version of Binary's (which were originally said to be burned out when she switched to the Warbird identity, but it turns out they just need to recharge, which takes a long time), though she can now go into Binary mode when the situation calls for it. She's usually strong enough without the power up though.
    Thanks for the response. How about her hand to hand combat skills? How are they rated?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Thanks for the response. How about her hand to hand combat skills? How are they rated?
    they're good in the "everyone is good at fighting" way, but there's no special distinction except her penchant for fighting dirty

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

I have no idea how she is going to get her powers back
    Baby Thanos

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Mark Brooks is the best artist ever, all the covers from this run are masterpieces, i'd like to see him drawing a comic besides just the covers.

And it looks like they're really investing in Star to be Carol's new main villain, which is great addition to Carol's core.
    Last edited by AndersonHoran; 10-03-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

Marvel will give anyone but janet van dyne a solo huh

The character's barely existed for five minutes. Does she really warrant her own series?

Although this is probably really just a mini to expand on Thompson's run while she develops evil Carol.

(And they basically spoil what's going to happen to her at the end of the current arc...).

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Marvel will give anyone but janet van dyne a solo huh
    Seriously man, this is frustrating.

CAPTAIN MARVEL: THE END #1
    Writer: KELLY THOMPSON
    Artist: GEORGES JEANTY
    THE FINAL CAPTAIN MARVEL STORY!
    Fifty years ago, Carol Danvers went into the deepest reaches of the cosmos to spread peace and justice and she hasn’t seen a familiar face since! Whatever happened to the planet she once called home? Written by CAPTAIN MARVEL author KELLY THOMPSON!

That's a fantastic cover

Conceptually, yeah, but I think Carol looks too young. It's set 50 years in the future, and present day Carol must be pushing 40. So why is there not a single wrinkle on her face?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Conceptually, yeah, but I think Carol looks too young. It's set 50 years in the future, and present day Carol must be pushing 40. So why is there not a single wrinkle on her face?
    Man, you know Celestial beings don't age. And Carol looks like she went FULL COSMIC

CAPTAIN MARVEL: THE END #1
    Writer: KELLY THOMPSON
    Artist: GEORGES JEANTY
    THE FINAL CAPTAIN MARVEL STORY!
    Fifty years ago, Carol Danvers went into the deepest reaches of the cosmos to spread peace and justice and she hasn’t seen a familiar face since! Whatever happened to the planet she once called home? Written by CAPTAIN MARVEL author KELLY THOMPSON!
    Man, celestial being Carol is beautiful. Looks like she's also gone CM1 ending Carol.

(Does this mean long hair won the war between long hair Carol vs. short hair Carol?)