I did, actually!

Me too! Me too!!

Fantastic Member

https://www.comicsbeat.com/captain-m...usive-preview/

Here's the Preview for Captain Marvel # 7

BANNED

i did not expect to see that nonchalant head shot from widow

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

So, because of the MCU, I started reading some of the previous Carol Dnavers comic runs and I find it interesting that Brian K Reed does not get much praise for the work he did on the character. I actually enjoyed reading his stories more that Kelly Sue DeConnick. I thought his " Secret Invasion" & " War of the Marvels" stories were great. The way Carol is dressed in his run is problematic, but the stories are stronger IMHO. He had a lot more feats in his run compared to KSD.

For KSD, I feel her first run is stronger than her second. I liked the story with MONICA RAMBEAU and also when she goes Binary.

Higher, Further, Faster was not bad. The characterization of Carol was strong.

Carol Danvers is an interesting character.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 06-15-2019 at 08:03 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Anybody else pick this up?
    I had to order it special to Australia

IMG_5362.jpg

Yeah I’ve a copy too although the cover was bent but I managed to flatten it out.
    #InhumanSwag

I've got it, but my cover is different? I'll have to pull it out and look.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    So, because of the MCU, I started reading some of the previous Carol Dnavers comic runs and I find it interesting that Brian K Reed does not get much praise for the work he did on the character. I actually enjoyed reading his stories more that Kelly Sue DeConnick. I thought his " Secret Invasion" & " War of the Marvels" stories were great. The way Carol is dressed in his run is problematic, but the stories are stronger IMHO. He had a lot more feats in his run compared to KSD.

For KSD, I feel her first run is stronger than her second. I liked the story with MONICA RAMBEAU and also when she goes Binary.

Higher, Further, Faster was not bad. The characterization of Carol was strong.

Carol Danvers is an interesting character.
    I am a big fan of the character but still feel no run has been really been that memorable or interesting to me, like say Black Panther by Christopher Priest or David Liss. The Reed run is probably my favorite but that is probably since it was the run that got me into Carol as a new reader back in 2010, though there were some things like Doomsday Man I'd like to see make a return.Kelly Sue did okay for the first run at building up a supporting cast and on characterization but I was never that into the plots. Might have at least done more on the villain front with Grace Valentine if Carol hadn't been moved to space -- also might have seen more development for a relationship with Rhodey.

Reserving judgement on t hgv e current run but it's okay.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsAngel View Post
    I am a big fan of the character but still feel no run has been really been that memorable or interesting to me, like say Black Panther by Christopher Priest or David Liss. The Reed run is probably my favorite but that is probably since it was the run that got me into Carol as a new reader back in 2010, though there were some things like Doomsday Man I'd like to see make a return.Kelly Sue did okay for the first run at building up a supporting cast and on characterization but I was never that into the plots. Might have at least done more on the villain front with Grace Valentine if Carol hadn't been moved to space -- also might have seen more development for a relationship with Rhodey.

Reserving judgement on t hgv e current run but it's okay.
    Yeah, to me Brian K Reed feels to me like Priest for T'Challa & Kelly Sue Deconnick is like Hudlin.

Priest , Hudlin, and Evans are the go to runs for me on Black Panther.

I think Brian Reed should be given more recognition for his work on Carol.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 06-15-2019 at 10:30 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Yeah, to me Brian K Reed feels to me like Priest for T'Challa & Kelly Sue Deconnick is like Hudlin.

Priest , Hudlin, and Evans are the go to runs for me on Black Panther.

I think Brian Reed should be given more recognition for his work on Carol.
    The art for.War of The Marvels was great too. Reed by far is my favorite Carol writer but id agree with the costume being better currently. I also agree i dont think Carol necessarily has a definite story yet or a groundbreaking run. Marvel seems to.be making the Skrull stuff big for Carol but i feel like See Wakanda and Die is bigger then the secret invasion stuff we got out of the Miss Marvel comics at the time.

BANNED

I was hoping they'd switch powers not bodies 😒

But the bodies kept the powers, so they have switched. Which, as the solicit for next week's issue says, has led to a comedy of errors.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Sarah Hildebrandt from the USA wrestling wearing Captain Marvel inspired costume
    D9MwjwpXoAEdKjN.jpg
    D9MwoDBX4AgLmkj.jpg
    D9Mwk4uXkAEuxnE.jpg