Page 100 of 134 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1998

Jim Zub is the only current writer who would take writing Wanda over swallowing nails.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Jim Zub is the only current writer who would take writing Wanda over swallowing nails.
    Is there just so much about her that writers just don't want to deal with? You'd think after the movies and so far past Decimation/House of M that would be less of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Guys, re-read issue 1. Someone on Reddit figured it out.

It looks like Ripley Ryan is Star's secret identity. Using the glasses disguise... yet another Supergirl similarity.
    You know they keep making the super girl comparison but keep forgetting that Carol was an editor for a magazine back in the day.

So it seems like Ripley is very much trying to replace Carol, though not exactly be her. It's very stalkerish
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    You know they keep making the super girl comparison but keep forgetting that Carol was an editor for a magazine back in the day.
    Most people are probably just thinking of Melissa Benoist's Kara Danvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is there just so much about her that writers just don't want to deal with? You'd think after the movies and so far past Decimation/House of M that would be less of an issue.
    My theory is that people find her personality too straight and her powers too vague and gamebreaking.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    My theory is that people find her personality too straight and her powers too vague and gamebreaking.
    Well, she's not prone to snappy one-liners as much, which I don't think helps.

(Then again, neither is Widow but she still gets used a lot more. Probably because they write her more quippy).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Definitely not. Completely different power set, and hasn't she been shown with dark hair in childhood flashbacks? And is her baldness her own choice or due to her powers?

For the record, Star's known powers are flight, super strength and super hearing. She's basically a Supergirl expy, from what I've seen so far.

Also, they gave her a logo, so I wouldn't put it past them to have plans for a solo, once her identity is revealed. Equally, that could be a red herring designed to make us think that she's not just there to serve the current plot. We'll have a better idea once this arc is over.
    Sorry, I meant Moonstone.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Extraordinary Member

My own theory is just that writers and editors tend to use the characters they know. Wanda was mostly absent from the comics during the '00s/early '10s period that formed Marvel as we know it today, and in the '80s and '90s she was mostly on the Avengers when it was the uncool team.

It still frustrates me because their friendship is so much more interesting to me because it's a friendship of two different kinds of heroines, the Silver Age romance heroine who never throws a punch, and the more modern heroine Carol was created to be. Claremont, Busiek and Bendis all established that the friendship existed, but never had time to develop it, and it would have been nice to see at least one of Carol's comic series even acknowledge it, but I realize the time has come and gone for that to happen.
    Last edited by gurkle; 07-18-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Mighty Member

Eh, I'm not sold on that, I'm certain Waid or Ewing would easily grab at Wanda if she was handed to them.

If anything, I think it's some sliding of Wanda over to the Dr. Strange side of things.

I would not be surprised if STAR is connected to or is the person who is out to get Carol. It seems this person knows so much about Carol, it's as if she had been in Carol's head.
    Now, as far as why Carol is getting sick, my thought is she picked up a Neurotoxin from that creature she fought in issue one. If you noticed, Carol had that creature's blood and guts all over her. Carol's foe seems to know about what effects Kree physiology. It certainly would go with what Carol's foe said about "Your work is already done".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Can Star be Moondragon ?
    Moondragon or Moonstone?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Back in the day (1978), Carol wore glasses.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Issue 9 variant:
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ok. I'm convinced Ripley is Star but someone posted something from Stohls run that now makes me spoilers:
    think she's Carol's Clone.
    end of spoilers
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

That doesn't make a lot of sense. spoilers:
    If Ripley is to Carol what Ben Reilly is to Peter Parker, why doesn't Carol recognise her own voice? Ripley's should sound identical.

Also, Star has powers Carol lacks, namely the super hearing.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman