Page 91 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1998
    Ultimate Member

This is pretty straight forward and funny

Again sorta mocking the whole "Why are you shoving your agenda down my throat" crowd.
    Last edited by ed2962; 05-24-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Oh dear. Our cat-loving posters are not going to like this...

I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

Again sorta mocking the whole "Why are you shoving your agenda down my throat" crowd.
    And the comment section keeps being pathetic like "Brie as the truck driver".

Ultimate Member

Having seen the film several times, if they wanted to make Carol lesbian or bi in the MCU, which I'd be fine with BTW, they could do it and it wouldn't be out of place. I mean her and Maria lived together apparently, spent Christmas together, and raised a child together, and at no point is there a hint of a man in Carol's life. Even her dynamic with Fury is very much "buddy cop" like. So yeah I could buy it (especially if you're aware of the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy that existed in the military at that time).

I see that they mention Goose as a "he" sometimes. On the official BR accounts especially, they always said "Goose o gato"(if it was a girl it should have been "Goose a gata"), but I thought that was just a random mistranslation. That was also kinda the vibe I got in the movie somehow... I know that the directors have already mentioned it's a she, as it's supposed to be just Chewie with a different name, but I kinda wish they would go with Goose actually being a he and in CM2 "Chewie" could appear as his love interest lol

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Having seen the film several times, if they wanted to make Carol lesbian or bi in the MCU, which I'd be fine with BTW, they could do it and it wouldn't be out of place. I mean her and Maria lived together apparently, spent Christmas together, and raised a child together, and at no point is there a hint of a man in Carol's life. Even her dynamic with Fury is very much "buddy cop" like. So yeah I could buy it (especially if you're aware of the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy that existed in the military at that time).
    Yeah, I thought there was a pretty obvious subtext with Maria... I would love it if Marvel decided to go with her being gay/bi(I would prefer bi, so that they can put that on the comics too without kind of invalidating her previous relationships) but I'm also a bit hesitant. For one, the already existent backslash would go up 10 times. Secondly, they haven't even acknowledged the sexuality of MCU characters that were actually supposed to be LGBT, so going out of their way to establish Carol, who has always been straight in the comics? I doubt it.

Ultimate Member

Come on Marvel, you're arguably the most beloved and financially successful film series since the original Star Wars trilogy, and you have Disney backing you up. Have some balls.

I don't need to see Carol rolling out of bed with Maria naked of course, but just make it clear that she and Maria had a romance (even Brie called Maria Carol's "long lost love" for goodness sake), either visually or through dialogue. Or Hell have Carol and say, Valkyrie, have a flirtatious "thing" moving forward, etc.

And yes, personally I'd prefer Carol being bi myself, since it doesn't invalidate some of her comic history while still adding something new for the films.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 05-26-2019 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snark^ View Post

yuck.

why do flerkens take on a cat form to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I see that they mention Goose as a "he" sometimes. On the official BR accounts especially, they always said "Goose o gato"(if it was a girl it should have been "Goose a gata"), but I thought that was just a random mistranslation. That was also kinda the vibe I got in the movie somehow... I know that the directors have already mentioned it's a she, as it's supposed to be just Chewie with a different name, but I kinda wish they would go with Goose actually being a he and in CM2 "Chewie" could appear as his love interest lol

Yeah, I thought there was a pretty obvious subtext with Maria... I would love it if Marvel decided to go with her being gay/bi(I would prefer bi, so that they can put that on the comics too without kind of invalidating her previous relationships) but I'm also a bit hesitant. For one, the already existent backslash would go up 10 times. Secondly, they haven't even acknowledged the sexuality of MCU characters that were actually supposed to be LGBT, so going out of their way to establish Carol, who has always been straight in the comics? I doubt it.
    I think they confirmed that Goose is female in one of the Q & A's.

I'd love to see Carol as Bi too, but I can't really disagree with you here. (Although, Carol's subtext with Jessica Drew makes me think it wouldn't be that difficult to establish it.)
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by snark^ View Post

where's this from?

I think it's from the Endgame Artbook.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Smile This reminds me of the Venture Bros.!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

ed2962

I have to say THANK YOU for this hipping me to this youtube channel!

It is a great combination of ideas and execution that remind me of the Venture Bros.

Excelsior!

Daoud

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Come on Marvel, you're arguably the most beloved and financially successful film series since the original Star Wars trilogy, and you have Disney backing you up. Have some balls.

I don't need to see Carol rolling out of bed with Maria naked of course, but just make it clear that she and Maria had a romance (even Brie called Maria Carol's "long lost love" for goodness sake), either visually or through dialogue. Or Hell have Carol and say, Valkyrie, have a flirtatious "thing" moving forward, etc.

And yes, personally I'd prefer Carol being bi myself, since it doesn't invalidate some of her comic history while still adding something new for the films.
    I'd definitely be fine with it in the movies, though I'm rather fond of the idea that Carol doesn't have or need a love interest of any kind. It was really nice to have a MCU movie that didn't try to force some romance into things. Especially for the first female lead, I think it was smart to just avoid that troupe completely.

But I definitely think Carol's sexuality is established enough in the comics that making her bi would just come off as pandering, unless it was handled extremely well.....and I don't think there are many writers in the industry who could do that justice. But in the movies? Sure, go for it!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I kinda wish they would go with Goose actually being a he and in CM2 "Chewie" could appear as his love interest lol
    Bloody brilliant! Make it happen Marvel!

That's the only love interest and romance we need in the CM movies! Chewie and Goose!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

More concept stuff from the artbook - looks like the Kree sentries were on the menu at one point:

Wonder if they were what Ronan was originally going to be shooting at planets to cleanse them instead of those incredibly slow-moving big missiles.
    Last edited by snark^; 05-28-2019 at 03:00 AM.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.