Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 1998
    Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Question:

With the retcon of Carol's mother being Kree, how is she so powerful? It doesn't seem like most Kree have the strength and other abilities that Carol has?

Blue Kree don't. White Kree do. Hence why Mar-Vell was also more powerful than the average Kree. Also, some of Carol's powers come from when she became Binary, which was triggered by genetic experimentation.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Question:

With the retcon of Carol's mother being Kree, how is she so powerful? It doesn't seem like most Kree have the strength and other abilities that Carol has?
    carol's mom had powers of her own that she could pass along, but they'd presumably be dormant because that's how the kree work with stagnant evolution (however pink kree have more of a chance to evolve and have diversity)

There is a continuity way of solving this, genis vell for instance didn't have powers until he wore the nega-bands and unleashed his latent potential (in addition to the powers the nega-bands themselves give)

Carol may have needed the psyche-magnitron to activate those genes. This whole thing, if a writer was competent, can be salvaged.

To some extent, that's how the Supreme intelligence tried to jumpstart kree evolution in operation galactic storm and beyond (create a negaband+psyche-magnitron based explosion, then use the forever crystal to accelerate it). Carol MAY have been the source of that inspiration, perhaps (headcanoning here).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Blue Kree don't. White Kree do. Hence why Mar-Vell was also more powerful than the average Kree. Also, some of Carol's powers come from when she became Binary, which was triggered by genetic experimentation.
    Um, no? Mar-Vell was empowered by the Nega-Bands and later given cosmic awareness.

They have more chance to evolve, but they're not any stronger.

I still don't like the retcon, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Has any comic ever settled a vs debate?

Ever?

Bit presumptuous.

Astonishing Member

Also, some of Carol's powers come from when she became Binary, which was triggered by genetic experimentation.
    This.

Carol was experimented on by the Brood, pushing her genetic potential to its maximum. As Binary she was linked to a 'white hole', and channeling that gave her cosmic-level powers. The white hole has since collapsed, which dropped her base power levels down to something more like her original Ms. Marvel levels. However she still has that energy channeling ability that was triggered by the Brood--so her power levels can increase by absorbing extra energy--either in small doses by absorbing ambient energy around her, or a more direct, heavy-duty power up.

Carol's VA from The Super Hero Squad Show and Avengers Assemble, Grey DeLisle, has joined the Simpsons. She replaced the late Russi Taylor as Martin, Terri, and Sherri.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Carol's VA from The Super Hero Squad Show and Avengers Assemble, Grey DeLisle, has joined the Simpsons. She replaced the late Russi Taylor as Martin, Terri, and Sherri.
    She's definitely not my favorite Carol VA, but I love her as a voice actor nevertheless, so congratulations .

History of the Marvel Universe #5 has retconned when Carol became Captain Marvel. Apparently it happened on the Heroic Age relaunch - but KSD's Captain Marvel was in fact a Marvel NOW! title.

History of the Marvel Universe #5 has retconned when Carol became Captain Marvel. Apparently it happened on the Heroic Age relaunch - but KSD's Captain Marvel was in fact a Marvel NOW! title.
    Well, she didn't really do much of note as Ms. Marvel then, so I guess they could fit it in there well enough and with a believable enough point for an "upgrade" in identity to happen.

BANNED

well the only thing left was the whole mar-vell dying again during avx to inspire her again

Kelly Thompson really likes characters saying 'hnnng!', anyone else notice? Every issue there's at least nine million instances of someone going 'hnng'.

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    Kelly Thompson really likes characters saying 'hnnng!', anyone else notice? Every issue there's at least nine million instances of someone going 'hnng'.
    this reminds me of my increasing annoyance at hickman always having people say AIIIIIEEEEEEEE when they need to scream instead of AAAAAAAAAAAAH
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate