Page 71 of 134 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1998
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Just to keep it on topic; anyone think we'll get a scene between Brie and Holland in Endgame?
    I guess it depends on when and where the characters come back, which is such a closely guarded secret that I haven't even seen fake leaks that mention them, let alone the real ones.

Among those characters, the character I'd most like Carol to meet is (of course) Wanda (not getting my hopes up there, though; if the comics don't know they're friends, the movies probably don't). But Spider-Man is up there, particularly since they're both in the "got powers by accident" club, and it isn't as big in the MCU as it is elsewhere.

Astonishing Member

You know, Im really looking forward to seeing Carol reunite with Monica and her mom. They are gonna be SUPER pissed at Carol! Gone for years! Finally getting some memories back! And boom! Gone for two decades! I mean, Carol gave Fury her digits but you notice she didn't give the Rambeaus a way to contact her? That's cold.

And I gotta kinda shake my head a little about this, but is it just me, or do the odds seem fairly solid that in the sequel, Monica (all grown up) will become Photon or Spectrum (or whatever), and once again we'll have a white MCU hero getting a black sidekick in the sequel? They really are setting her up to replace the big guns, aren't they?
    She just found out she had a (good) life on earth and her leaving was to help Talos and his small band of Skrulls, no way she gives up that new found connection to her past without so much as a look back. The pager, is likely just a continuity/plot device to show Carol having to return after the great snap. It's possible she's she's made a low key return or has stayed in some form of contact with Maria after we saw her finagling communication devices using earth's rudimentary devices from the 90s. That pager was for "work" related use only, anything much more personal than that, wouldn't work, especially during the post credit scene in IW. Call me naive, but I don't think she'd go radio silent for all this time only to have Fury be her only contact on earth. we won't really know until Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    we won't really know until Endgame.
    In truth, I wouldn't be surprised if Endgame doesn't address this at all. As much as I'd like it to be, Endgame won't be Carol's story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    In truth, I wouldn't be surprised if Endgame doesn't address this at all. As much as I'd like it to be, Endgame won't be Carol's story.
    I agree. The sequel is the most probable place to address this issue, that and Monica likely getting her own set of powers.

Just to keep it on topic; anyone think we'll get a scene between Brie and Holland in Endgame?
    I think we're more likely to see a scene of her and Chadwick.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    It's possible she's she's made a low key return or has stayed in some form of contact with Maria
    Possible, and I hope we find out that she has. But we've got no reason on screen to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we're more likely to see a scene of her and Chadwick.
    True. They'll want to get the "next Trinity" or whatever together on screen. Well, I expect T'Challa and Carol to be infinitely fun to watch.

Actually, Carol with any of the other heroes should be a lot of fun.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

How would you guys feel if kelly thompson retcons carol into letting rogue take her powers and memories because of what happened with marcus so she could forget?

Seems like Thompson isn't afraid of referring to that event.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 03-22-2019 at 01:53 AM.

is that our softer version of cain assassinating bobbi's character
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    is that our softer version of cain assassinating bobbi's character
    lol
    I heard some rogue fans (who seemingly dont like carol) say this is possibly what happened, but it didn't quite sit right with me. So I wanted to know if I was overreacting or if it is in some way a good thing for carol (and not just for absolving rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    How would you guys feel if kelly thompson retcons carol into letting rogue take her powers and memories because of what happened with marcus so she could forget?

I see a possible different angle. If you look at it from the idea of the split personality problem Carol had in her original series. The idea? Carol may have felt that Ms.Marvel was the source of all the pain and misery in her life, therefore Ms.Marvel had to die. In doing so though, she ended up shooting herself in the foot because she ignored the conclusion she came to in what created the split and what it really was.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mikeb; 03-22-2019 at 02:34 AM. Reason: correct spelling error

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I see a possible different angle. If you look at it from the idea of the split personality problem Carol had in her original series. The idea? Carol may have felt that Ms.Marvel was the source of all the pain and misery in her life, therefore Ms.Marvel had to die. In doing so though, she ended up shooting herself in the foot because she ignored the conclusion she came to in what created the split and what it really was.

that split personality aspect was fixed by issue 19ish-20 where she realized they're one and the same person and the personalities merged.

Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 03-22-2019 at 02:57 AM.

that split personality aspect was fixed by issue 19ish-20 where she realized they're one and the same person and the personalities merged.
    Here is a page from issue #19. Even within Carol's own mind, she wanted Ms.Marvel dead!

BANNED

Here is a page from issue #19. Even within Carol's own mind, she wanted Ms.Marvel dead!

Only under the influence of the millenia bloom which had temporarily undone all her therapeutic work of coming to terms with herself, but she managed to weather it as Mar-vell stated. By the end of the issue the split has ceased to exist and the next issue had her taking up her own costume with no real conflict of personality.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 03-22-2019 at 03:48 AM.

There could be another aspect to this.It's why did Marcus choose Carol specially to be his "Vassel" in the first place when there were 2 other Avenger gals? Because she was a Kree-Human hybrid. The idea? Carol may have wanted to rid herself of what she was as Ms.Marvel so no one could exploit her again because of what she was.

Thompson might be referencong it but I don't thing she's going to go down the route of Carol losing her memories for the umpteen time. I think she has something else planned.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast