Page 92 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1998
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Come on Marvel, you're arguably the most beloved and financially successful film series since the original Star Wars trilogy, and you have Disney backing you up. Have some balls.

I don't need to see Carol rolling out of bed with Maria naked of course, but just make it clear that she and Maria had a romance (even Brie called Maria Carol's "long lost love" for goodness sake), either visually or through dialogue. Or Hell have Carol and say, Valkyrie, have a flirtatious "thing" moving forward, etc.

And yes, personally I'd prefer Carol being bi myself, since it doesn't invalidate some of her comic history while still adding something new for the films.
    Wasnt she having sex with War Machine in one of the relaunches of her main book in the last 4 years? I remember them sneaking off in an alley somewhere.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Captain Marvel Writer Reveals Which Character From The Comics She Wants To See In Sequel

The film not only introduced Carol but also featured the debut of Maria and Monica Rambeau, as well as the Skrulls, but there are even more characters from DeConnick's run we'd love to see, and so we had to ask who she would love to see pop up in the MCU from her run.

"You know this a thing we’ve never talked about, but I, the Skrull, what’s the Skrull’s name, Talos. Talos’ daughter looks like Tic to me, and I couldn’t tell if that was intentional or if Tic would, yeah, that was a thing," DeConnick said. "I was like ‘Oh I love Tic, I would love to see Tic."

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05...nts-in-sequel/

I thought they would make Talos' daughter be Veranke.

Fantastic Member

Deleted Scene: Who Yon Rogg sees when he speaks to the Supreme Intelligence.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Not entirely sure where this scene would have fit in, but it's fun.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daoud View Post
    ed2962

I have to say THANK YOU for this hipping me to this youtube channel!

It is a great combination of ideas and execution that remind me of the Venture Bros.

Excelsior!

Daoud
    You're welcome!

Yeah, recently I ended up binge watching this channel when I should have been working around the house. The clips are just spot on!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    But I definitely think Carol's sexuality is established enough in the comics that making her bi would just come off as pandering, unless it was handled extremely well.....and I don't think there are many writers in the industry who could do that justice. But in the movies? Sure, go for it!
    I don't care if they do it in the movies, but it is definitely not in character with comics version of Carol.

Fantastic Member

Chewie gets her own Marvel 101 episode.
    Last edited by Distraction; 05-31-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Yay Chewie!

Not Chewie related bit posting this here anyway

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

So, you guys know the @CaptMarvelNews account on twitter? He used to post here as Marvel Guy and then RafDanvers. He recently shared this message Brie sent him, back when the movie was released and I guess he said how much he loved it.

She also mentioned him and @CaptMarvelBrasil(girl who took that pic like the panel of Carol hugging Kamala) on an interview, and even asked for them to be invited to CCXP here last year. I may have talked about one or two of those here before, but likely not. After seeing someone post this on reddit I thought I'd share it here too, I just love how Brie is so appreciative of fan accounts.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 05-31-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So, you guys know the @CaptMarvelNews account on twitter? He used to post here as Marvel Guy and then RafDanvers. He recently shared this message Brie sent him, back when the movie was released and I guess he said how much he loved it.

She also mentioned him and @CaptMarvelBrasil(girl who took that pic like the panel of Carol hugging Kamala) on an interview, and even asked for them to be invited to CCXP here last year. I may have talked about one or two of those here before, but likely not. After seeing someone post this on reddit I thought I'd share it here too, I just love how Brie is so appreciative of fan accounts.
    I like to see how Brie get involved wih fans. Really nice from her

Ultimate Member

In terms of sequel characters, well Moonstone comes to mind immediately.

As for Carol's sexuality, I was referring to the film version, not the comics one.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I finally found time to watch the movie. I feel like the autopsied Skrull epitomized the effort. They saw something, didn't like the original packaging, chopped it up a hundred ways to Sunday and ultimately left it open and fetid on the table when it was all said and done. Loved the effects, but the story was far from epic. What's that line from the Gladiator movie... "Are you not entertained?!!" That's a question I hope not to answer after watching the sequel. If there is a sequel. Carol deserves better.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Captain Marvel Writer Reveals Which Character From The Comics She Wants To See In Sequel

The film not only introduced Carol but also featured the debut of Maria and Monica Rambeau, as well as the Skrulls, but there are even more characters from DeConnick's run we'd love to see, and so we had to ask who she would love to see pop up in the MCU from her run.

"You know this a thing we’ve never talked about, but I, the Skrull, what’s the Skrull’s name, Talos. Talos’ daughter looks like Tic to me, and I couldn’t tell if that was intentional or if Tic would, yeah, that was a thing," DeConnick said. "I was like ‘Oh I love Tic, I would love to see Tic."

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05...nts-in-sequel/

I thought they would make Talos' daughter be Veranke.
    Surely Veranke wouldn't make sense without Spider-Woman being introduced first, since she impersonated Jessica?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman