Page 107 of 134 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    As far as I can see, they've settled their differences but still engage in banter? If they really hated each other, Carol would've refused to join the current Avengers team.
    Well, she kind of huffed and puffed her way into joining when Tony offered.

As far as I can see, they've settled their differences but still engage in banter? If they really hated each other, Carol would've refused to join the current Avengers team.
    Their banter is a LOT more aggressive and mean-spirited in Avengers than in here. The Tony in there wouldn't have offered Carol help with her powers without crudely flirting with her.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Their banter is a LOT more aggressive and mean-spirited in Avengers than in here. The Tony in there wouldn't have offered Carol help with her powers without crudely flirting with her.
    And she probably would have shoved him through a wall after he'd done it .

Kelly writes a great Tony Stark.

I just love Kelly's writing. (She also writes a great Jessica Drew and their friendship has been portrayed beautifully)
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    She was previously believed to have been a human who became a human/Kree hybrid due to the incident with Mar-Vell and the Psyche Magentron. It has recently been learned that Carol was always a human/Kree hybrid since her mother was secretly Kree. That changes this from the Air Force's perspective - before she was a human who got powers. Now she's a potential alien spy because her mother was an alien disguised herself as a human and lived among them. As far as they're concerned, that makes Carol a potential Kree sleeper agent.

Which is crap, because by law anyone born in the United States is a citizen, whatever the status of their parent.

The story, though, is a not so subtle stab at the current US Federal Administration and its stance on immigrants.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

It’s funny, because I just myself asked about this on the Tony Stark thread.

If you read Carol’s book, pretty much all the female characters treat him as a pariah they borderline tolerate whenever they need something.

I also recall Carol punching him through a wall in an early Aaron Avengers issue. And not while Tony was in Armor, either.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Which is crap, because by law anyone born in the United States is a citizen, whatever the status of their parent.
    True enough, but a citizen's family and personal associations can impact their ability to get security clearances and such for government and military work. The fact that Carol has this alien background--combined with the fact that she didn't reveal it herself, but it got leaked by someone else--can certainly cause people to re-evaluate her.

That said, I think Carol's service to the country and to the planet, as an Air Force intelligence officer; as NASA security chief; as Ms. Marvel, Warbird and Captain Marvel, etc, should prove her honourable intentions. But paranoia does not frequently listen to logic. Plus this situation is almost certainly being manipulated to cause Carol as much grief as possible.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The ethnic origins of a citizen's family isn't going to impact their background clearance. That would be unconstitutional. There is no reason to doubt her loyalties.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

The issue 10 doesn't come out tomorrow?

No Reprint of Issue #9. #10 comes out in September
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    No Reprint of Issue #9. #10 comes out in September
    Thanks, i was looking for previews of the issue 10 and couldn't find it. When in september does it come out?

The 18th anniversary of the World Trade Centre terrorist attacks. 11th September.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

This is the marvel universe. I wouldn't doubt things that would be considered unconstitutional by us would be constitutional in the marvel universe. I mean you do have government sanctioned death robots going after powered minorities here.

Civil war I and II and all their crap were considered legal in universe.
    Like 60 years of comic history has basically happened in 15 years in universe time. All the tragedies, monthly alien invasions, doomsday scenarios etc can be seen to drive things in that direction in how certain laws are interpreted or amended
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 08-20-2019 at 11:43 PM.

Brie Carol Not to be whatever, but....told you I could lift it

...Oh?
    https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-e...ampaign=CBR-TW

I do love her evil costume...