Page 69 of 134 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I feel like fights with the Hulk never really go well for characters with the flying brick/paragon type powersets. Hulk fights are just about who can punch harder, and all the extra abilities heroes like Carol and Thor have; the flight, the speed, the energy manipulation, it all gets downplayed so they can tussle with Hulk on his terms. And that doesn't benefit anyone other than Hulk.

I mean, Carol's fast enough she should be able to fly in, grab Hulk by the back of the head, and launch him into orbit before he knows what's happening. He'd probably manage to get a hand on her and refuse to let go, but once they're in space Banner should be in serious trouble while Carol (and Thor) are just hitting their element.

Hulk's great, but he's strong and tough, and has some solid reflexes. That's it. Compared to the vast array of powers that people like Carol and Thor boast, Banner really should be at a disadvantage in a fight with them, not be heavily favored to win.
    Yup

Carol can pretty stay in space and hit him from distance like an orbital cannon like why get close to Hulk ? Heaven forbid characters that can use distance actually use them nope it is just lets bang with the rage monster that gets stronger and see if you can beat him at his game.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

to help clear up some lies and misconceptions

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    to help clear up some lies and misconceptions

Every second of this video makes me more and more attracted to this guy. I wanna watch Captain Marvel on an empty theather with him.

Did you guys see that we are getting two issues of Captain Marvel in june!? Both "war of the realms" tie-ins tough.

CAPTAIN MARVEL #6
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) • ANNAPAOLA MARTELLO (A)
    Cover by AMANDA CONNER
    MARVELS 25TH TRIBUTE VARIANT COVER BY MICO SUAYAN
    VARIANT COVER BY ADI GRANOV
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ADI GRANOV
    WAR OF THE REALMS TIE-IN!
    The Dark Elf King Malekith and his allies have conquered Earth! At least, they THINK they have — and they’ve divided the spoils accordingly, with the Enchantress raising an army of the dead and staking her claim on South America. But if the Enchantress is expecting a royal welcome, she’s forgotten what she’s dealing with — Earth isn’t going down without a fight. And as Captain Marvel leads DOCTOR STRANGE and BLACK WIDOW into the land of the dead, nothing about this mission will be what our heroes expect.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

CAPMARV2019006-cvr.jpg

CAPTAIN MARVEL #7

KELLY THOMPSON (W) • ANNAPAOLA MARTELLO (A)Cover by AMANDA CONNER & DAVE JOHNSONSPIDER-MAN SYMBIOTE SUIT VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MCKONEWAR OF THE REALMS TIE-IN!Captain Marvel’s got a magical right hook — but what happens when she loses her mighty fists? When a powerful spell from the Enchantress causes Carol and DOCTOR STRANGE to body-swap, everything about their mission is called into question. What was once a covert ops mission with BLACK WIDOW to take down the Enchantress and her “Land of the Dead” is now a comedy of errors — casting spells wasn’t exactly covered in Carol’s military training. But Carol Danvers is more than her powers, and the Enchantress is about to discover that the hard way.32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

CAPMARV2019007-cvr.jpg

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, I'm a little worried about that. I don't think tie-ins help anymore. People who aren't reading the event drop the book instead (the tie-ins themselves might get a boost because collectors will get them or comic book stores will over-order out of speculation, but the follow-up books won't have them and will lose the people who had been reading). It seems relatively stand-alone, which might help, but that's difficult to tell from the distance.

#6 seemed to have a lot of intriguing possibilities. Unfortunately, #7 feels like the book is being played purely for comedy instead. Hopefully they'll be able to balance action, humor, and heart for a great story.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Every second of this video makes me more and more attracted to this guy. I wanna watch Captain Marvel on an empty theather with him.
    TRULY.
    He's a hero. Stating facts. Citing supportive past data. Shredding through the nonsense.

People are just ridiculous, and this proves it.

Also: REALLY EXCITED for ANNAPAOLA MARTELLO to be on art duty for those issues. I really enjoy her work. And I loooove Strange's latest aesthetic so any chance to see it drawn is a plus.
    Also Also: 3rd viewing of Captain Marvel booked for this Saturday. Can't seem to get enough. <shrug>
    Last edited by Fokken; 03-20-2019 at 05:23 AM.

BANNED

i suppose the marcus incident isn't quite retconned out based on the new CM 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    i suppose the marcus incident isn't quite retconned out based on the new CM 3
    I don't think it was ever retconned out - just something they tended to avoid mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Koj☆ View Post
    Did you guys see that we are getting two issues of Captain Marvel in june!? Both "war of the realms" tie-ins tough.

CAPTAIN MARVEL #6
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) • ANNAPAOLA MARTELLO (A)
    Cover by AMANDA CONNER
    MARVELS 25TH TRIBUTE VARIANT COVER BY MICO SUAYAN
    VARIANT COVER BY ADI GRANOV
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ADI GRANOV
    WAR OF THE REALMS TIE-IN!
    The Dark Elf King Malekith and his allies have conquered Earth! At least, they THINK they have — and they’ve divided the spoils accordingly, with the Enchantress raising an army of the dead and staking her claim on South America. But if the Enchantress is expecting a royal welcome, she’s forgotten what she’s dealing with — Earth isn’t going down without a fight. And as Captain Marvel leads DOCTOR STRANGE and BLACK WIDOW into the land of the dead, nothing about this mission will be what our heroes expect.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

CAPMARV2019006-cvr.jpg

CAPTAIN MARVEL #7

KELLY THOMPSON (W) • ANNAPAOLA MARTELLO (A)Cover by AMANDA CONNER & DAVE JOHNSONSPIDER-MAN SYMBIOTE SUIT VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MCKONEWAR OF THE REALMS TIE-IN!Captain Marvel’s got a magical right hook — but what happens when she loses her mighty fists? When a powerful spell from the Enchantress causes Carol and DOCTOR STRANGE to body-swap, everything about their mission is called into question. What was once a covert ops mission with BLACK WIDOW to take down the Enchantress and her “Land of the Dead” is now a comedy of errors — casting spells wasn’t exactly covered in Carol’s military training. But Carol Danvers is more than her powers, and the Enchantress is about to discover that the hard way.32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

CAPMARV2019007-cvr.jpg
    It's nice to see Carol fighting a prominent Marvel female villain (but at this point her book should probably be more about developing new ones she can fight on a consistent basis then using a Thor villain). I'm excited for Thompson writing Amora (and I guess Widow too).

I wasn't really impressed with Thompson's Strange in her Jessica Jones, but he was deliberately written as being grumpy there so he might feel better in this guest spot.

BANNED

I wish thompson would try and build on carol's own rogue gallery than putting her in such storylines

Not excited about the tie-ins either. I get that those usually see a sales spike, but I feel like it throws the pacing of the title off to the long-term detriment of the book.

I mean, constant tie-ins are what ended up killing the Reed run right? And with the book this new and fresh outta the gate, I'd rather those issues be dedicated to building the story and world instead of dealing with Thor's crap.

Still haven't managed to get my hands on the new title......gonna have to download it soon if my LCS can't come through! Tell me, Carol Corpspeople, is it worth it?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Reed's run only tied into two events-- A four issue Civil War arc which was probably the highlight of the whole thing with an actual emotionally engaging conflict, and a six issue Secret Invasion arc which was way too long and was mainly just her fighting things with some cool moments. Otherwise they just slapped a banner on the issues about whatever the current MU status quo was without actually being part of a larger story.

That being said, a two issue tie-in is very tame, although it's weird that they didn't use this to show off some other characters like Spider-Woman in the event. Hopefully, this will set up an Enchantress beef she can use later.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Reed's run only tied into two events-- A four issue Civil War arc which was probably the highlight of the whole thing with an actual emotionally engaging conflict, and a six issue Secret Invasion arc which was way too long and was mainly just her fighting things with some cool moments. Otherwise they just slapped a banner on the issues about whatever the current MU status quo was without actually being part of a larger story.
    I think a lot us regard the Dark Reign arc as what really torpedoed that book's momentum - when the book was about Moonstone pretending to be Ms. Marvel for four issues and Carol was nowhere to be seen. It was really disruptive and I wish it had been treated as a separate miniseries instead.