Page 48 of 134 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    CAPTAIN MARVEL MCU FUTURE IN DOUBT; AVENGERS CAST UNHAPPY
    https://cosmicbook.news/captain-marv...engers-unhappy
    The source is FilmGob, so that tells me right there everything in that article is bullshit. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47467921
    Did they change her powers for the movie? She can't do that in the comics!
    Could be they're borrowing a bit from Moonstone there.

Maybe, yeah. I remember that she had to avoid using her phasing power so that people didn't realise Meteorite, her heroic Thunderbolts identity, was Moonstone. Of course, Moonstone has twice "borrowed" Carol's mantle (Carol, naturally, did not approve), in the Dark Avengers comics as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hey folks,
    Can you help a fellow out?
    1.so i know her origin involves her DNA being altered to make her half-Kree, but how does that give her a bunch of superpowers that the Kree don't have, like flying, photon blasts, and clairvoyance? i know Mar-Vell was involved, but i thought his powers came from his "Nega-Bands", not his DNA.

2. speaking of, were she and Mar-Vell ever, like, y'know... a thing? I've seen a few alternate versions where he's clearly attracted to her, i just didn't know if was based on anything from the original source.

3.so i know her "Binary" form first appeared in an issue of X-Men. what exactly is her relationship with everyone's favorite mutant gang? full member, friend of the family, occasional ally, what? (i mean i know Rogue stole her powers at one point, but that's it)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Hey folks,
    Can you help a fellow out?
    1.so i know her origin involves her DNA being altered to make her half-Kree, but how does that give her a bunch of superpowers that the Kree don't have, like flying, photon blasts, and clairvoyance? i know Mar-Vell was involved, but i thought his powers came from his "Nega-Bands", not his DNA.

2. speaking of, were she and Mar-Vell ever, like, y'know... a thing? I've seen a few alternate versions where he's clearly attracted to her, i just didn't know if was based on anything from the original source.

3.so i know her "Binary" form first appeared in an issue of X-Men. what exactly is her relationship with everyone's favorite mutant gang? full member, friend of the family, occasional ally, what? (i mean i know Rogue stole her powers at one point, but that's it)
    Initially her powers came from her suit, but a second psyche magnitron explosion in the initial Claremont run bonded the suit's powers to her, so she was altered more.

They kissed once but that's it.

After rogue sucked out her powers and personality that was that. Xavier helped restore her memories unfortunately without the emotional connections she had. Then she started hanging out with that team. Plus when she was a spy she used to go on missions with wolverine or just their missions intersected so to speak.

She is actually really close friends with the entire team (The X-men). She lived at the mansion for a while and regular in the series.

Occasional ally at this point, with most of her ties being to the more 'old-school' members of the team - she doesn't have much of a relationship at all with members of the younger generations. Overall, she used to be very close with the X-Men, but for a wide variety of reasons... the relationship's eroded.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Occasional ally at this point, with most of her ties being to the more 'old-school' members of the team - she doesn't have much of a relationship at all with members of the younger generations. Overall, she used to be very close with the X-Men, but for a wide variety of reasons... the relationship's eroded.
    Well...we all know that Emma Frost doesn't like Carol...

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    She is actually really close friends with the entire team (The X-men). She lived at the mansion for a while and regular in the series.
    Carol was in UXM#150 (came out the same exact month as Avengers Annual #10, August 1981) until UXM#171 (May 1983).

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Initially her powers came from her suit, but a second psyche magnitron explosion in the initial Claremont run bonded the suit's powers to her, so she was altered more.

They kissed once but that's it.

After rogue sucked out her powers and personality that was that. Xavier helped restore her memories unfortunately without the emotional connections she had. Then she started hanging out with that team. Plus when she was a spy she used to go on missions with wolverine or just their missions intersected so to speak.
    Thanks man! (And everyone else)
    Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Huh, was kind of expecting Carol to get to do more...

Feel like this question hasn't been fully outlined yet, so to be nerdy about it:

The original Psyche-Magnitron explosion that empowered Carol essentially smooshed (technical term) her DNA with Mar-Vell's. As you say, the powers she gained were not normal for Kree, but by this point Mar-Vell had his own genetics altered - by the Supreme Intelligence, I think - which is where the flight, strength and 'seventh sense' came from. Also, as Ichijinijisanji said, at first, her costume sported a hi-tech underlayer which provided her flight, but after a second Magnitron detonation she sort of weaned herself off it and eventually realized she didn't need it.

And then, she lost her powers altogether from the Rogue thing, was a regular human with spy skills for a few years, before the Brood abducted her and did more DNA-meddling, which is when she first went by Binary and is why her current powerset is only vaguely similar to Mar-Vell.

And ALSO, the Life of Captain Marvel miniseries from last year established that Carol's mother was a Kree soldier in deep cover, so she had messed-up DNA from birth, and her secret origin was less about her gaining powers from nothing and more awakening something she already had.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think it's fair to say the Psyche-Magnetron had at least some effect, even in the retcon. At a minimum, it would have given her memories of a Kree life she never actually had. Whether they're Mar-Vell's memories is more ambiguous and I would argue no. It doesn't ever quite seem to be the case. But it's certainly the memories of a Kree Warrior who isn't Carol. It's even pointed out (although possibly as a ruse) that Carol has knowledge of the Kree Omniwave Projector (which can be used as a superweapon in the hands of a non-Kree).

It was also explained that second exposure to the radiation of the Psyche-Magnetron is what gave her flight powers. It might have given her her natural abilities since it appears that her mother has some kind of natural flight ability as well. I might have to re-read Life of Captain Marvel to be sure in case her mother is just taking advantage of Earth's lower gravity and isn't truly flying.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Considering that the movie didn't have the mom origin at all, I'm hoping that Life of Captain Marvel gets retconned at some point.