Page 64 of 134 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    We'll just start a pattern... every time she returns to earth, she crashes through some retail establishment. Blockbuster, Sephora, whatever...

But one way or another, Carol's pushing 60 years old here. She looks fantastic.

(And I suspect there's going to be several things about Carol in Endgame that seem slightly 'off' to us... as a consequence of them shooting all of her Endgame scenes before they shot Captain Marvel.)
    That would be fun crashing into retail stores

60? I thought she was going to be pushing 50. Anyway good looks for a grandma

Russos talked a bit about being a bit blind about this thing of shooting Endgame before Cap Marvel movie

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    60? I thought she was going to be pushing 50. Anyway good looks for a grandma
    spoilers:
    She's an air force Captain in 1989, which is an O3. That would put her in her late 20s, probably. You don't reach Captain much younger than that. Thus, putting her born in the early 1960s. So that'd put her in her late 50s at minimum by 2019.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Is she described as a Captain in the movie?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Is she described as a Captain in the movie?
    spoilers:
    Not verbally, but in one of the photos you see, you can see "Captain Carol 'Avenger' Danvers" on the side of her plane
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

MCU Thor loves himself some badass women (he was fanboying all over Valkyrie as well).

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Pleased to announce that Carol is official winner of Best Hair in the Endgame trailer, just edging out Natasha's ombre tips and Thor's Turkish barbershop detailing.

Nebula and Okoye are tied for Baldest, and Paul Rudd wins most consistent hair.

Edit: Hawkeye won biggest risk, least reward. Obviously
    Last edited by responsarbre; 03-14-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    MCU Thor loves himself some badass women (he was fanboying all over Valkyrie as well).
    Gamora too.

(And I suspect there's going to be several things about Carol in Endgame that seem slightly 'off' to us... as a consequence of them shooting all of her Endgame scenes before they shot Captain Marvel.)
    Oh, no doubt. And the haters will just use that to fuel.....whatever stupidity they settle on next.

The rest of us rational folk will just chalk it up to being two decades later. A person changes a lot in twenty years, even if they don't physically age.

......Is it asking too much to get a team-up movie with Thor and Carol now, or should I wait until after Endgame to start asking?

Seriously, I want a whole romantic comedy built around the two of them; Thor trying like hel to impress her and Carol just smirking at him.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh, no doubt. And the haters will just use that to fuel.....whatever stupidity they settle on next.

The rest of us rational folk will just chalk it up to being two decades later. A person changes a lot in twenty years, even if they don't physically age.

......Is it asking too much to get a team-up movie with Thor and Carol now, or should I wait until after Endgame to start asking?

Seriously, I want a whole romantic comedy built around the two of them; Thor trying like hel to impress her and Carol just smirking at him.
    I think you are mixing up Russo Thor with whomever did the version that shows up in Thor Ragnarok or the terrible Aaron version that appears in the comics. Even if she didn't say anything I can tell this Russo version of Captain Marvel is going to rule.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I really, really just want to see those two get in a fight. It would be the kind of friendly sparring match that can level a city block. I imagine it would be bombastic and awesome.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I really, really just want to see those two get in a fight. It would be the kind of friendly sparring match that can level a city block. I imagine it would be bombastic and awesome.
    ...hmm

Maybe a savannah somewhere or something?
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Fantastic Member

https://13thdimension.com/exclusive-...in-marvel-3-2/

Exclusive preview for Captain Marvel # 3 out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I think you are mixing up Russo Thor with whomever did the version that shows up in Thor Ragnarok or the terrible Aaron version that appears in the comics. Even if she didn't say anything I can tell this Russo version of Captain Marvel is going to rule.
    You misunderstand me. I have absolute faith in Marvel and the Russo's. I've no doubt Carol will be totally amazing and badass.

But Endgame filmed before Captain Marvel did, so the Russo's are going in largely blind. Talks with the writers and directors will ensure that Carol is still recognizable as Carol, and obviously Brie is going to bring everything with her from one set to another. But during filming, rewrites happen and more nuance is pulled from the actors, and I expect to see a few discrepancies between how the Russo's and a rookie Brie handle Carol compared to how Carol's own directors and writers will handle her, as well as Brie having a chance to dig deeper into the character. Its not a complaint, just recognizing that Carol might be ever so slightly different between the two films.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    ...hmm

Maybe a savannah somewhere or something?
    Considering who we're talking about, I dont think even that would be safe. Besides, this is Carol and Thor; that sparring match can (and should!) happen on an asteroid somewhere. That way they can really cut loose.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

spoilers:
    She's an air force Captain in 1989, which is an O3. That would put her in her late 20s, probably. You don't reach Captain much younger than that. Thus, putting her born in the early 1960s. So that'd put her in her late 50s at minimum by 2019.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's highly likely that her powers include stunted aging, similar to Steve.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Now the timeline makes more sense. I don't think endgame is set in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Hope Thor gonna introduce carol to Valkyrie, then Valky gonna hit on Carol LOL that would be hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    It's highly likely that her powers include stunted aging, similar to Steve.
    end of spoilers
    Rogue? nah i will steal Carol powers for myself haha
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-14-2019 at 06:53 PM.