Page 73 of 134 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1998
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    For me, there is a lot of questions that need to be answered. Why do we never see a lead up to her encounter with Rogue from Carol's point of view? Why does she believe she can walk completely away from her former life without expecting someday someone from her superhero past wanting payback? Why did she put herself in a position where if she was attacked, no one could help her?Why didn't she retreat, formulate a stategy to defeat her would be opponent, and took that opponent down? This was the scenario Carol employed when an assasin was trying to kill her in Ms.Marvel #17 & 18. If the Avengers didn't know she was Carol longer with Marcus and was "hiding in plain sight", how did Rogue and Mystique find her? Why was someone with her military training and power set get taken down by a scrawny teenage girl?
    Have you read the Marvel SuperHero Vol. 2 #10-11? The first is the planned issue of Ms. Marvel that never saw print that was leading up to the events of Avengers Annual 10. #11 is essentially what you're asking about. It's from Mystique's point of view, but it does cut to Carol right after the incident with Marcus. She walked away from the Avengers because she believed they betrayed her. Mystique found her through Destiny.

As for how she was able to do it. Frankly, the art in the issue could have been clearer. It seems that she borrowed superstrength for the fight from someone else. Even then, Carol had the upperhand at first and carried Rogue to the Golden Gate Bridge. Once there, Rogue touched Carol and absorbed her powers and memories. I think it's because the issue is rushed, but the X-Men Animated Series has a better presentation. There, it's because she held on too long. The way it's shown in this issue, it looks like something just went wrong. I'll chalk that up to things being rushed and that time is a matter of how you perceive things in comics. It was a single panel, but we don't know how long that panel lasted.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ultimate Member

https://i.redd.it/ql55lajf23n21.jpg

IDK if this has been posted here yet, but it's adorable.

BANNED

lmao shippers haven't even seen them together yet

I much expected a mariaxcarol but alas

After seeing this I actually think Captain Marvel may be a household name at this point. A whole new generation of Carol Corps is being grow here

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    After seeing this I actually think Captain Marvel may be a household name at this point. A whole new generation of Carol Corps is being grow here
    I was at C2E2 this past weekend. I had a friend with me who had never been to a major convention before. She asked me if I thought the general visibility of Captain Marvel stuff had increased compared to past conventions. And the one thing I noticed a LOT more of than I ever had before: little girls in Captain Marvel costumes.

It occurs to me that Captain Marvel marketing wise has all the appeal of both a superhero and Disney princess for a little girl. Like Elsa meets Spider-Man. I wonder how her popularity compares to that of a Disney princess?

All of this is giving me hope that there may be, dare I say it, a cartoon show in our girl's future. Ask yourself this? When was the last time a superhero made this much and didn't get an animated, or already had several under their belt, spin off?

When I watched CM, I didnt think Disney princess. Thats not something I associate with Carol ever

As for your last question, Deadpool, Dr. Strange, Antman....

I wonder how her popularity compares to that of a Disney princess?
    Princess Sparklefists!

It occurs to me that Captain Marvel marketing wise has all the appeal of both a superhero and Disney princess for a little girl. Like Elsa meets Spider-Man. I wonder how her popularity compares to that of a Disney princess?
    I feel like Shuri is more easier to market like that.

All of this is giving me hope that there may be, dare I say it, a cartoon show in our girl's future. Ask yourself this? When was the last time a superhero made this much and didn't get an animated, or already had several under their belt, spin off?
    Just ask Wonder Woman fans .

I posted earlier about the pitched Captain Marvel cartoon. It looked pretty cool, especially compared to the other currently running Marvel cartoons.

If Assemble was still running I wouldn't have been surprised if they had done a season focused on Carol like they did with Black Panther, but I think the movie gives them a better frame of reference for them doing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When I watched CM, I didnt think Disney princess. Thats not something I associate with Carol ever
    Allow me to clarify. I mean the demographic that Captain Marvel could appeal to. I imagine little girls who like Frozen may also like Captain Marvel.

Allow me to clarify. I mean the demographic that Captain Marvel could appeal to. I imagine little girls who like Frozen may also like Captain Marvel.
    As far as focusing on a strong and confident woman with superpowers? I can definitely see the overlap.

You would be correct. At least as far as my house goes. My five year old daughter loves Carol and Frozen.

Of course, she grew up with two parents who love superheroes and we made sure to introduce her to Carol early (first Halloween costume; she was adorable!) so we might not be the best metric to measure by.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

It wouldn't shock me if they did.

Even if you do a direct to dvd movie-I would go with that.

Ultimate Member

Even my cousin's eight year old daughter knows who CM is now, so there's definitely some overlap.

Every little girl I know who has gone to see Captain Marvel has LOVED it.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast