Page 85 of 134 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1998
    Incredible Member

I think Carol will be a reserve Avenger, not here all the time because space is vast and full of terror (sorry, I just watched GOT yesterday), but here when it counts. Maybe at one time she will know a flux in her powers just like it happened in the comics so that she could be more present in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    People are over playing the balance thing angle.I mean in the battle of New York what was Captain America, Hawkeye and Widow doing? No disrespect to them the scenario doesn't change all that much without them there in the big picture of things.The balance has always been horrible. Luckily Superheroing isn't all about fighting bad guys.
    Exactly. What did Thor do in Avengers? Blew apart several of the Chitari whale-things as they came out of the wormhole (a truly epic moment), then starting blowing up individual whale-things (with the assistance of Hulk in at least one case), gave the guys on the street a quick hand, and fought the Big Bad.

Insert Carol in Thor's place, and what changes? Nothing. Carol does all the things Thor did, but even she can't be everywhere at once so she wouldn't have really changed the outcome all that much. Maybe she manages to stop Loki from slipping away, so Hulk doesn't get his "puny god" moment. Though considering it's Loki and he's hard to pin down, even that much of a change seems a little unlikely to me. Loki is really good at escaping.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Exactly. What did Thor do in Avengers? Blew apart several of the Chitari whale-things as they came out of the wormhole (a truly epic moment), then starting blowing up individual whale-things (with the assistance of Hulk in at least one case), gave the guys on the street a quick hand, and fought the Big Bad.

Insert Carol in Thor's place, and what changes? Nothing. Carol does all the things Thor did, but even she can't be everywhere at once so she wouldn't have really changed the outcome all that much. Maybe she manages to stop Loki from slipping away, so Hulk doesn't get his "puny god" moment. Though considering it's Loki and he's hard to pin down, even that much of a change seems a little unlikely to me. Loki is really good at escaping.
    Good comparison and I said myself that I don't think she's done anything not similar in power to Thor and more recently Wanda

I don't think that's been some fans irritation, I think kf decided to define her as the most powerful and iirc Shuri as the smartest, this being true isn't really the problem, it's when any character is defined as being the best above the others that irks fans because to some of them it devalued their favourite

It doesn't matter who is said to be the best, strongest, most powerful, when the debate is taken from the fans it can feel like a detracting situation

It's a bit like the reaction moongirl, for ages the fans have debated Richards Vs doom, now that sort of irrelevant, that fun has been lost for a lot of people, if she'd been promoted as in that ball park for brains, different because then she's part of that fan debate

It's like the hulk Vs Thor strength thing, then JL decided to promote red hulk as hugely stronger than everyone else, it takes away the fun of including them in the debate

It's irrelevant of the character involved, as soon as an editorial mandate is fixed everyone else feels limited

Imo if he'd wanted to promote her without such reaction it would have been a smarter play to describe her as in Thor's power level, but I'm sure he couldn't care less
    Last edited by kilderkin; 05-01-2019 at 02:53 PM.

I would propose to Endgame haircut Brie.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I would propose to Endgame haircut Brie.
    Which?
    (spoiler images via links)

https://i.redd.it/pzyxorl170l21.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5GfsRjXkAM78Q_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    the first one isn’t her haircut

Brie is MUCH faster than Thor it seems. she scans planets in 30 seconds.

Her superspeed is more of an issue to write around than her strength/durability.

People are over playing the balance thing angle.I mean in the battle of New York what was Captain America, Hawkeye and Widow doing? No disrespect to them the scenario doesn't change all that much without them there in the big picture of things.The balance has always been horrible. Luckily Superheroing isn't all about fighting bad guys.
    Whedon went out of his way to give everyone a job, which is hte key ot team ups.

Widow was sent ot get the sceptor/turn off the beam

Hawkeye was calling out flyers for everyone. In addition to long range shooting people and taking out flying loki for Widow

Cap was on the ground, directing traffic, saving civilians, ect.

They will find a way to "neutralize" carol a bit for earth based plots. They will either introduce a weakness or they will have her doing something that requires her vast abilities while others are doing other stuff. Like how they got Thor out of the picture in AoU and IW. And like thor, they will conveniently take her off world at the end of every team up lol

Anyway, this isn't unique to Carol though. They are going to have the same issues with Dr. Strange and every othe rpowerful character they introduce.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Her superspeed is more of an issue to write around than her strength/durability.

Whedon went out of his way to give everyone a job, which is hte key ot team ups.

Widow was sent ot get the sceptor/turn off the beam

Hawkeye was calling out flyers for everyone. In addition to long range shooting people and taking out flying loki for Widow

Cap was on the ground, directing traffic, saving civilians, ect.

They will find a way to "neutralize" carol a bit for earth based plots. They will either introduce a weakness or they will have her doing something that requires her vast abilities while others are doing other stuff. Like how they got Thor out of the picture in AoU and IW. And like thor, they will conveniently take her off world at the end of every team up lol

Anyway, this isn't unique to Carol though. They are going to have the same issues with Dr. Strange and every othe rpowerful character they introduce.

I've been on CV and alot of people seem to miss the fact that she scoped an entite planet for life, satellites (which implies she checked around the planets orbit" and for Thanos in a rather small amount of time. It should honestly be combat applicable but I dont see writers having her fight at those speeds honestly. Same thing with Wonder Woman in the DCEU movies she deflected a bunch of autofire weaponry but when fighting other powerhouses she doesnt really seem to be using that same speed.

Lmao bring in Mesphito? Be a villain that would be hard to punch your way to a victory with and Strange can't just BFR him or remove his astral form.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Super speed is always tough to write with other powersets, because when done properly it trumps basically everything.

The way it's seemed to me, in Carol's appearances so far, is that she's got a crazy top-end flight speed, but doesn't have the reaction time of a Flash-style "true" speedster. That makes a big difference in my mind. It means that Carol can fly around and scope out a whole planet in thirty seconds, but can't apply that speed to fine motor control and close quarters combat.

If she could move that quickly in a fight, Thanos wouldn't been taken apart in a millisecond. I think Carol's fast like Superman is fast, not like Barry Allen.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Super speed is always tough to write with other powersets, because when done properly it trumps basically everything.

The way it's seemed to me, in Carol's appearances so far, is that she's got a crazy top-end flight speed, but doesn't have the reaction time of a Flash-style "true" speedster. That makes a big difference in my mind. It means that Carol can fly around and scope out a whole planet in thirty seconds, but can't apply that speed to fine motor control and close quarters combat.

If she could move that quickly in a fight, Thanos wouldn't been taken apart in a millisecond. I think Carol's fast like Superman is fast, not like Barry Allen.
    Also she might not have actually done her recon in 30 seconds. It seemed fast because she said she was going, there was a quick cut, and she's back with the info - but there's no actual indicator of passage of time. 30 seconds might not have been their intent. (IE - if they stuck a scene in between the two, it would have seemed like longer even though it was the same footage.)

(And yes, I think her speed only applies to flight... not really anything else.)

Also, it might have been more of a sensory feat than a speed one. Like she sent out a pulse to see if it bounces off of energy shields or something.

BANNED

There's a difference with flying from one destination to another and actually flying around a given area inspecting everything. If she was just trying to go from point A to B. Where she was to Thanos in a fast amount of time I would of just regarded that as travel. But she straight scoped an entire planet. Thats a degree of processing information at a really fast paste as well as being able to move at the paste your processing this information.

Thor has really fast travel speed. But to be able to scope a planet as fast Carol did in the way she did. I don't see comic Thor being able to do that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Also, it might have been more of a sensory feat than a speed one. Like she sent out a pulse to see if it bounces off of energy shields or something.
    Sensory off what? That's just head cannon. The planet had no satellites. No living thing other then Thanos and she actually went down to the planet and came back. If it was sensory why wouldn't she just do it from space.

Ultimate Member

She also flies really fast at the end of her own film as well, like faster than we've seen any other character in the MCU fly so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The second one. It looks amazing on her. Part of me is screaming "Miley Cyrus" but I'm ignoring it because damn Larson pulls it off.