Page 10 of 134 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    im curious

did ksd get her run because of movie plans, or did the movie happen because of her run?
    KSD came first, as far as I know.

Reportedly (and my memory might be off) Marvel Studios had people write tons of treatments, drafts, and pitches for movies as a kind of writing exercise and to see how characters could fit into the MCU. Nothing official or anything, and these weren't IP's that they had any actual plans for, it was mostly just a writing exercise. And one of those many drafts was for Carol, under the Ms. Marvel name.

But actual movie plans didn't start to happen until after KSD.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    where can you get copies of the full size posters?
    I got myself a copy of the first poster they released off of ebay. As to where you can buy them directly... I don't know.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's absolved of that. The Master's been picking on the Champions recently. Carol actually showed up in issue 21.
    im talking about her strong sense of responsibility and guilt and how the whole character arc starting with her alcoholism concluded in that issue with the same roundtable discussion at the end of live kree or die

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I've found that Carol and Tony have always been kind of antagonistic towards each other, even long before CW2. They're dear friends, but they don't always get along... and even when they're getting along well, they're still going to be sniping at each other. (And some people might actually appreciate that she pushes back against Tony. Someone has to! They're good foils for each other.)
    ya but it's different now isn't it?
    something as significant as CWII even if you don't mention it explicitly should reflect in the dialogue shouldn't it?

Like I remember what happened in the first Civil war with julia carpenter and I remember how brian reed treated the moral injury aspect of what it did to carol.

edit: Like for some reason I keep picturing conversations where carol keeps taking it easy and reserved around tony almost apologetic, and tony notices it, how a dynamic between them has changed and even though neither of them really like talking about their feelings, they eventually are put in a situation that they do. Just done subtly
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 01-09-2019 at 11:15 AM.

BANNED

maybe I should write fanfic? lmao

CWII was a story where she was being played by a third party and she still did enough introspective guilt-tripping about it in Margie's run and SE. Her dynamic with Tony was restored to normal in Avengers. They're both over it and back to having snark contests.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Seems kind of weird to establish Carol's been spending too much time in space then immediately send her into a post-apocalyptic setting.

BANNED

Really good first issue. Thompson's flair for dialogue gives this kick-off plenty of personality.

Will be sticking with this run.

"Wow, you're old" Maybe Carol should show Jennifer her 8-track tape player, her VCR and her LP collection. (Remember the "Soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever" came out when she was the editor of "Woman" magazine. )

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    "Wow, you're old" Maybe Carol should show Jennifer her 8-track tape player, her VCR and her LP collection. (Remember the "Soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever" came out when she was the editor of "Woman" magazine. )
    Speaking of which, I wonder if the reporter introduced in this issue is supposed to connect to that.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

There's definitely a lot to like about this issue, from the Jess/Carol friendship, to the mentor/mentee relationship, to even the reporter (which reminds me of Brian Reed's Ms. Marvel run).

But, to be honest, I'm really excited to see Echo there at the end. I know that has so little to do with everything else, but it's still cool.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Fantastic Member

Issue #1 came out today with no Legacy Number, despite Carol getting up to #129 last year.

Wonder if this is the new trend.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It didn't have the corner box or a banner that makes it easier to do dual numbering. If they had something like that, I don't see the harm to having dual numbering, but it's not always easy to do.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

All-New Member

When did Rhodey get resurrected?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gymer View Post
    When did Rhodey get resurrected?
    The last arc of Invincible Iron Man prior to the company wide relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    As far as know the movie only more of a possibility because of her run. I remember there being rumors for a Ms. Marvel script floating around that time but it seemed unlikely that it would come to pass. Then KSD essentially rebooted the character when Carol got a new name and costume. Her run cemented depiction of Carol that would become standard in there MU and struck a chord with a new and active fan base aka The Carol Corps. This led to Carol getting bunch of big pushes that led to a movie.

I think that was Marvel seeing the success of Wonder Woman.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest