Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

How powerful is Carol when she is in Binary form? Could she fight and win against Jean Grey as Phoenix?

BANNED

bit below regular thor
    no she could not

She should be able to give Phoenix a run for her money in Binary Mode is a Planet Buster with the power to reignite stars

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koj☆ View Post
    I just started reading the Ms. Marvel series from 1977 since I haven't read it before. I never heard of this 7th sense thing before I started reading it, does she have that ability for long? It's a very stupid ability and makes her more unbelavible.

So far I'm enjoying the series, I like how empowering it is! I also read all the issues were Carol appeared in the Captain Marvel series from 1968, and I can't believe how he treated Carol in the series. Really putting her down for being a woman in that position. I know it was the 60's. But come on, Mar Vell is an real ******* and sexist to Carol in that series. Incredible that the writers allowed this.
    It’s not stupid, it was Carol’s version of Cosmic awareness.

Also, yeah. Claremont really broke the mold with female empowerment in his stories at that time.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    How powerful is Carol when she is in Binary form? Could she fight and win against Jean Grey as Phoenix?
    I dont think she could win but full-on Binary mode would give Phoenix a good fight I think.

Regular Carol is somewhere around Thor's power level. I've always thought she was a little less strong but a little more agile and faster, though that's largely head canon stuff since I've never compared them side by side, feat for feat, panel by panel.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    bit below regular thor
    no she could not
    Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    She should be able to give Phoenix a run for her money in Binary Mode is a Planet Buster with the power to reignite stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I dont think she could win but full-on Binary mode would give Phoenix a good fight I think.

Regular Carol is somewhere around Thor's power level. I've always thought she was a little less strong but a little more agile and faster, though that's largely head canon stuff since I've never compared them side by side, feat for feat, panel by panel.
    Thanks everyone!

It is hard to gauge characters sometimes.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It’s not stupid, it was Carol’s version of Cosmic awareness.
    It also did some interesting work in setting up stories. When done right, there would be a vision followed by a mystery where Carol had to piece the clues together to figure out what was going to happen. I don't think it was used well all that often, but it worked once or twice quite well. IIRC, it was discussed during her time with the X-Men whether she still had it and I believe the answer was "sort of" but I don't remember the details.

One of the interesting things is that she has Kree memories as well. I haven't finished her original run yet but I suspect she lost those when she lost her memory, which would make the most sense.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It also did some interesting work in setting up stories. When done right, there would be a vision followed by a mystery where Carol had to piece the clues together to figure out what was going to happen. I don't think it was used well all that often, but it worked once or twice quite well. IIRC, it was discussed during her time with the X-Men whether she still had it and I believe the answer was "sort of" but I don't remember the details.

One of the interesting things is that she has Kree memories as well. I haven't finished her original run yet but I suspect she lost those when she lost her memory, which would make the most sense.
    i remembre in kelly sue's run, yon rogg remarked that carol should remember the kree-lar's design too.
    In avengers back in her binary days, she remembered what a kree device was .

I think she has them, but it's not paid much attention to.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 01-06-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Who wants to bet that Carol’s origins get reconned and when the movie comes out??

Who wants to bet that Carol’s origins get reconned and when the movie comes out??
    I hope not. I just picked up the Life of Captain Marvel, and I’m loving it. I really loved her mother’s design. Absolutely beautiful.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

She regained her memories, but lost the emotional attachment she had to them when Rogue absorbed her powers and memories. I wonder if we’ll ever see Michael Rossi again.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Koj☆ View Post
    I just started reading the Ms. Marvel series from 1977 since I haven't read it before. I never heard of this 7th sense thing before I started reading it, does she have that ability for long? It's a very stupid ability and makes her more unbelavible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    it remains in the 1977 series.
    She doesn't have it past that book however.
    Personally I think it's a cool ability, if it were to be tied in with cosmic awareness. Genis vell in Peter david's Captain marvel struggled with hallucinating visions of the future, I just wish someone would make the connection. Ewing sort of indicated how carol's got some cosmic awareness in the ultimates, but he gave it to everyone

The Ms Marvel “Seventh Sense” amped down Cosmic Awareness transferred to Rogue after The Battle of the San Francisco Bridge.

The power set Carol currently has is based on her Binary powers which establish her with a baseline power level mimicking her Marvel days but expandable with enough energy introduced into her system from an outside source. NOT a return of her Kree based powers that included 7th Sense.But that’s probably something tptb want readers to forget with recent developments retconning Danvers genetic heritage.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-07-2019 at 01:26 AM.

As much as I love long haired Carol, I’m honestly going to miss short haired Carol just as much. Also, I really hope to see if Kelly will restore Carol’s “7th sense”.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I hope not. I just picked up the Life of Captain Marvel, and I’m loving it. I really loved her mother’s design. Absolutely beautiful.
    Good for you, but I can't say I agree.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

The Ms Marvel “Seventh Sense” amped down Cosmic Awareness transferred to Rogue after The Battle of the San Francisco Bridge.

]
    I know it sort of revamped her, however it can be back with the right writing. Kree mother stuff breaks a lot of canon including how the kree inherently have powers when tht's the main problem for them that they can't evolve.

Like in the ultimates her awareness comes a bit from mar-vell.

We can come up with a reasoning that rogue's absorption brought it under control, since the original ms marvel struggled with involuntary visions which was really inconvenient to her. So she wouldn't have bothered to use it after the fact, but it would've been there in the form of dreams and gut feelings.

sort of like prior to kang dynasty she could sense something was off

https://i.imgur.com/a6cZKOZ.jpg?1

Or how in kelly sue's or brian reed's run she occassionally had a dream that forebode an arc that would come later.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 01-07-2019 at 04:14 AM.