Page 106 of 134 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1998

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which we already knew. She lost both Mr and Mrs X (due to Hickman) and West Coast Avengers (due to low sales) recently as well. In fact, unless either Deadpool or Captain Marvel start double shipping regularly, she probably has room for another book in addition to those.
    I once ask Kelly on Twitter if she was interested in writing a Spider-Man series. Her response was yes. I suggested that if she wants to write Spider-Man, put him in the pages of Captain Marvel in a story arc. It would be cool to see Peter, Jessica, and Carol working together for once. If the story arc is good(in terms of strong sales figures), Marvel might give her a Spider-Man series. It's been well over 7 years since Marvel had Peter and Carol working together. But I have yet to see a writer do a story that featured Spider-Man and Jessica Drew working alongside Carol in a supporting role. This would be a Three's Company vibe. Too bad Kelly Sue DeCornnick never bothered to add Spider-Man during her run on Captain Marvel and The Avengers respectively.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-14-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Good plan, actually - she got Jessica Jones on the strength of her guest spot in Hawkeye, and she used Deadpool in Mr and Mrs X and has now been given his book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    How did she get her original Ms.Marvel outfit back? I thought Norman Osborn commandeered it and gave it to Moonstone.
    spoilers:
    You're not as smart as you think you are
    end of spoilers LOL! That's been the story of Carol's existence for the last 40 plus years!
    Her classic Ms. marvel suit is different... primarily in the boot size.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

I can't understand why the airforce fired Carol because she's half-kree when it's something she always has been, and the fact that she has a giant cave / lab made me so happy, so badass!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    I can't understand why the airforce fired Carol because she's half-kree when it's something she always has been, and the fact that she has a giant cave / lab made me so happy, so badass!
    She was previously believed to have been a human who became a human/Kree hybrid due to the incident with Mar-Vell and the Psyche Magentron. It has recently been learned that Carol was always a human/Kree hybrid since her mother was secretly Kree. That changes this from the Air Force's perspective - before she was a human who got powers. Now she's a potential alien spy because her mother was an alien disguised herself as a human and lived among them. As far as they're concerned, that makes Carol a potential Kree sleeper agent.

Yeah, her dismissal was justified. They can't trust her. They only have Carol's word for it that she only just found out. They don't know that she wasn't raised loyal to the Kree.

Even if she did totally rip off Batman. Right down to the old costumes on display!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    She was previously believed to have been a human who became a human/Kree hybrid due to the incident with Mar-Vell and the Psyche Magentron. It has recently been learned that Carol was always a human/Kree hybrid since her mother was secretly Kree. That changes this from the Air Force's perspective - before she was a human who got powers. Now she's a potential alien spy because her mother was an alien disguised herself as a human and lived among them. As far as they're concerned, that makes Carol a potential Kree sleeper agent.
    It makes sense, but its weird to think they would do that with her.

Even if she did totally rip off Batman. Right down to the old costumes on display!
    Secret lairs are a common trope among superheroes. Car-Ell never would rip off anyone.

Yeah, her dismissal was justified. They can't trust her. They only have Carol's word for it that she only just found out. They don't know that she wasn't raised loyal to the Kree.
    It makes sense, but its weird to think they would do that with her.
    Why? The kree already had others spies on earth. And the Skrulls. And who knows who else.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I just wish writers could get relationships consistent in books coming out at the same time. To use these two as an example, it's like Carol and Tony are good friends in one book, then they're bitter over Civil War 2 in another. Would it really be that hard for the Iron Man and Captain Marvel writers to talk to each other, decide what they want their relationship to be, and then all other writers have to follow that when they write those two? At least until something happens to shake up that status quo?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I just wish writers could get relationships consistent in books coming out at the same time. To use these two as an example, it's like Carol and Tony are good friends in one book, then they're bitter over Civil War 2 in another. Would it really be that hard for the Iron Man and Captain Marvel writers to talk to each other, decide what they want their relationship to be, and then all other writers have to follow that when they write those two? At least until something happens to shake up that status quo?
    Or like in Life of Captain Marvel where they're acting like really close friends whereas in Aaron's Avengers it seems like they can hardly stand each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or like in Life of Captain Marvel where they're acting like really close friends whereas in Aaron's Avengers it seems like they can hardly stand each other.
    Aaron's Avengers especially stands out, since he seems perfectly aware of what's happening in Tony's book but clueless about Carol.

Is their relationship not consistently that they're close friends who are bitter about Civil War II and like to give each other a hard time?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Is their relationship not consistently that they're close friends who are bitter about Civil War II and like to give each other a hard time?
    Sometimes one seems very inconsistent with the other.

As far as I can see, they've settled their differences but still engage in banter? If they really hated each other, Carol would've refused to join the current Avengers team.