I do love her evil costume...

Why does Carol have a soul patch?

BANNED

Kree makeup

BANNED

carol be looking like the white ranger from dino thunder

Really? I'm not seeing it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    it's mostly the fin helmet with the angular visor on it

LOL, me either
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

So, if Carol's turned evil, who's the hero of the story? Will it be up to Hazmat and Spider-Woman to set her straight? And we really need to see Kamala's reaction to it too.
    Kelly said that Jess needs to be in Issue 11 bc of what happens in Issue 12. But, from what I can tell, she hasn't gotten the ok to use Jess in that arc yet?

What if it's really not a Dark Carol but more of a Dark Star?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

That's a good point, Strikeforce will have launched by then, which could potentially forcibly eject Jessica from Carol's book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I don't follow Carol at all, but that looks pretty cool and really reminds me of Dark Jem which was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    The power of a star if she is charged up right:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_..._and_abilities

As Binary, the character could tap the energy of a "white hole", allowing full control and manipulation of stellar energies, and therefore control over heat, the electromagnetic spectrum and gravity. Light speed travel and the ability to survive in the vacuum of space were also possible.[88]

Although the link to the white hole was eventually severed, Danvers retains her Binary powers on a smaller scale, enabling her to both absorb energy and project it in photonic form. She can also still survive in space. While she lacks a constant source of energy to maintain the abilities at their previous cosmic level, she can temporarily assume her Binary form if empowered with a high enough infusion of energy.
    Maybe she used to much gamma and opened the Green Door?

Though, honestly, I hope it's just Carol having a breakdown. If it's just a cheap brainwashing/possession for an arc, that's kind of empty.

I've always viewed Carol Danvers major flaw as being overly authoritarian. She doesn't like surrendering any control over anything or anyone.

And all of the sudden she founds herself on the outside of the power structure. She's being lumped in with folks like Spider-Man the X-Men and the Hulk.

But while for the above this is old hat at this point, having been outcasts for their whole lives in one form or another, (or with the X-Men maybe more that they have their own culture to fall back on) Carol is used to being in charge, respected, adored, and celebrated. Having that all taken away, and being treated as a menace.

That can change a person.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I don't follow Carol at all, but that looks pretty cool and really reminds me of Dark Jem which was fun.
    Kelly did write Jem...hmmm
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Evil Carol's outfit is sweet. Nice color scheme and mask design.
    I am so in love with this outfit. I really hope this isn't Star and it's Carol herself. Although, honestly at this point Carol and Star could be a split and they are linked to each other and one is powering up the other powers down. Still this Dark Captain Marvel outfit is truly awesome.

BANNED

Control is interesting. Let's not forget that earlier, when her powers first manifested she had a whole new set of kree memories and developed an alternate personality that was far more kree like, completely into violence, willing to murder her enemies and enjoying it etc. Eventually these parts of her were fused (as people with DID can be, hulk fans will know), but shortly after she lost most of what made her carol danvers after rogue. Rather while she had the human memories, but didn't retain her emotional connection to most of these.

In the brian reed run, one aspect I liked was that this part of her, the kree warrior side that was further augmented by the brood was present deep down and she was afraid of this side of her as the Cru revealed. The lacking humanity, enjoying killing, being disappointed when her enemies wouldn't die, but then suddenly being disgusted by herself that we saw hints of throughout the run. Her desire to conform to and embody the public image of a greatest, most beloved hero, was a means to keep the warrior side of her down, which was reflected in how she was going around fucking up so much in even her regular missions and was making her a bit amateurish combined with her general low self esteem and self sabotage.

In Secret Invasion we see that when she saw how brutally the skrulls were killing humans in the streets and building, something snapped and she basically stopped giving a **** about being considered a menace, giving a crap about popularity and started enjoying the fight in a "BloodKnight" sort of way, like a kree warrior, what emerged was something quite disturbing if we see how brutally she was fighting the skrulls, including asphyxiating one in space. Many of the people who saw her were afraid of her as they were of the skrulls.

But it is also this reason why I feel that she won't really go full villain, just far more brutal unless there's brainwashing involved. Similar to the Wolverine
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 08-22-2019 at 10:49 AM.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Well, i hope it's not Carol turning evil.

HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #5 (of 6)
    MARK WAID (W)
    JAVIER RODRÍGUEZ (A)
    Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
    Variant Cover by JAVIER RODRÍGUEZ
    What don’t you know about the Secret Invasion? What’s the true origin of Captain Marvel,
    and how does it play into a looming intergalactic conflict?
    Mysteries answered, secrets revealed!
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99