Page 115 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1998

Carol really shined with Kamala in Marvel Team-Up #6. This issue shows just how well Kamala balances Carol out. Sure, Carol has been hardened by many things over the years, but Kamala's wide-eyed idealism reminds her of why it was so worth it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Does carol's air-force career have any realistic basis?

I think originally she was intended as an intelligence officer for the air-force under claremont and busiek, but then reed I think added a flight career prior to becoming air force intelligence.

Can you go pilot then spy?

Of course, comic book prodigies and all that, but just thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post

I think originally she was intended as an intelligence officer for the air-force under claremont and busiek, but then reed I think added a flight career prior to becoming air force intelligence.

To be honest I think it's typical in comics for normal military types to go into spywork...

Member of the Airforce here... And yes is is possible. Carol was a member of OSI in the comics. Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI or OSI) is a U.S. federal law enforcement agency that reports directly to the Secretary of the Air Force. AFOSI is also a U.S. Air Force field operating agency under the administrative guidance and oversight of the Inspector General of the Air Force. OSI proactively identifies, investigates, and neutralizes serious criminal, terrorist, and espionage threats to personnel and resources of the Air Force and the U.S. Department of Defense, thereby protecting the national security of the United States.

The organization hires almost primarily from active air force members. Carol being an officer with sevral deployments and some good recommendations would be an ideal candidate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Member of the Airforce here... And yes is is possible. Carol was a member of OSI in the comics. Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI or OSI) is a U.S. federal law enforcement agency that reports directly to the Secretary of the Air Force. AFOSI is also a U.S. Air Force field operating agency under the administrative guidance and oversight of the Inspector General of the Air Force. OSI proactively identifies, investigates, and neutralizes serious criminal, terrorist, and espionage threats to personnel and resources of the Air Force and the U.S. Department of Defense, thereby protecting the national security of the United States.

The organization hires almost primarily from active air force members. Carol being an officer with sevral deployments and some good recommendations would be an ideal candidate.
    yeah but don't they take air force members who're trained in some sort of intelligence to begin with?
    Like do you have any names of former pilots turned intelligence officers as spies?

BANNED

like roald dahl was a pilot turned spy turned author (though he's brit)

yeah but don't they take air force members who're trained in some sort of intelligence to begin with?
    Like do you have any names of former pilots turned intelligence officers as spies?
    I don’t know any pilots personally. But the military doesn’t work like the civilian jobs where you need a resume and past experience. They don’t care what you background is so long as you have a degree, and good package. The Airforce will train you themselves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    I don’t know any pilots personally. But the military doesn’t work like the civilian jobs where you need a resume and past experience. They don’t care what you background is so long as you have a degree, and good package. The Airforce will train you themselves.
    yeah i guess it isn't all that common?

i did find one lea gabrielle who went pilot to intelligence (but cia)

Wait, Carol's a mutant?

BANNED

honorary mutant

She actually would've joined the X-Men too - if it wasn't for Rogue showing up. That's what caused her to go off into space - and comic book limbo - for a while.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wonder if they can do anything with X-Men and Carol. (Other than Rogue, I mean.)

BANNED

no they cannot

doing that would involve including carol in x-stories or with logan (remember they had a history?)
    she was nowhere during IvX either, and didn't really show up for mystery in madripoor

claremont was the only one who did so, since he wrote carol's solo to begin with
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 09-27-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Question, did Carol always have the ability to shoot photon blast. It looks like when she was introduced in the 70s, she didn't have that ability.

Also, how would Carol's fighting abilities be ranked?