Page 121 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1998
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    But every issue, with the exception of issue #5 has gone on to a second and sometimes third reprinting. How is that reboot worthy?
    In fairness, reprints mean initial orders were low, not that demand was super high.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Gotcha. Didn't look at it that way. Bummer.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    In fairness, reprints mean initial orders were low, not that demand was super high.
    Wrong. House and Powers of X got multiple reprints, and they certainly didn't have low initial orders. Reprints mean that the demand was underestimated by the shops.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Monica USED to be immortal. Not since Avengers: No Road Home though.

If there's one Marvel likely to still be alive 80 years from now, it's Kamala. She has a healing factor, and is young enough that even without one she could live to see the 22nd century.

This is probably an original character though.
    How did she stop being immortal?

Wrong. House and Powers of X got multiple reprints, and they certainly didn't have low initial orders. Reprints mean that the demand was underestimated by the shops.
    That's kind of what he or she said.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    How did she stop being immortal?
    Something to do with saving Vision...the story was poorly done. She used up all her extra energy to save him, making her mortal again.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-23-2019 at 02:43 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Right, that's what I meant by low. The orders were lower than they should have been based on demand, but it doesn't mean the demand was necessarily high. Since so much of a comic's success is determined by preorders, I'm always worried when anything but a blockbuster book goes to reprints because it's possible Marvel has already made a decision about the fate of the book.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Unsurprisingly shirtless Thor .

CAPTAIN MARVEL #14

capmarv2019014_cvr.jpg

KELLY THOMPSON (W) • LEE GARBETT (A) • Cover by MARK BROOKS
    “THE LAST AVENGER” PART 3: DESPERATE MEASURES
    Two down. But time is running out, and there are Avengers left to kill. Can Captain Marvel finish off her former friends before the clock runs down — and all is lost?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Unsurprisingly shirtless Thor .
    Yes, but surprisingly hairy Thor (almost always shown as hairless).

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Maybe this isn't the right thread to ask this, but is anyone looking forward to the Star mini series?

I really like Kelly Thompson and have read almost everything she has written at Marvel, but it seems weird to me that people would want to read a series about a character who basically tried to kill Captain Marvel.
    Baby Thanos

BANNED

well i don't care about her almost killing carol that's what villains do and villain books aren't uncommon, i just thought she was kinda boring lol

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Maybe this isn't the right thread to ask this, but is anyone looking forward to the Star mini series?

I really like Kelly Thompson and have read almost everything she has written at Marvel, but it seems weird to me that people would want to read a series about a character who basically tried to kill Captain Marvel.
    Star has her own appreciation thread.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...r-Appreciation
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Instead of complaining again about how Carol and the Scarlet Witch haven't met since Avengers vs. X-Men I thought I'd explain why I'm so into that friendship. It's not a friendship we see much in the comics - we hear about it much more than we read about it - but it's interested me ever since Chris Claremont had Wanda and Carol meet in Ms. Marvel 16. They seem to hit it off right away, as Carol barges into Avengers Mansion for a "Marvel Misunderstanding" fight but Wanda realizes Carol can be trusted and the two of them hit it off immediately:

Then in the buildup to the infamous Avengers 200, Wanda was taking some time off to decide if she and Vision should try to have kids, and Carol advises her that super heroes shouldn't have kids (rather than the more logical "uh, how are you going to have kids with Vision anyway?" thing). This was, unfortunately, the writer trying to create some irony by having the anti-baby Ms. Marvel be the one who is pregnant. Still, when Claremont wrote his famous "rebuttal" in Avengers Annual 10, the Wanda/Carol friendship he created became the basis of the last page, where Wanda talks to Vision about how she failed Carol.

There are really only two writers since then who have gotten into this friendship at all. Kurt Busiek wrote some really good scenes with the two, including my favorite little scene in his whole run where the two women are eating and drinking and talking about the Vision in what might be called "superhero casual" wear (in costume, but Wanda without her cape and tiara, Carol without her mask), and when Carol finally realized she had overcome her problems it was capped with a hug with her best friend on the Avengers:

And the other writer who seemed aware of this was Brian Bendis. After Avengers Disassembled he had Carol be the Avenger who was most hurt and angry at Wanda's betrayal and Quicksilver remind her that his sister loved her. And when Wanda finally returned to the comics Bendis reconnected her with Carol the first opportunity he got:

One thing I really like about this friendship is that as we can see above, both of them have gone through high and low points, not always at the same time. When they first met, Wanda was one of the highest-profile superheroines in the Marvel universe and Carol was sort of an upstart. In the 1998-2004 run, Wanda was the established Avenger and Carol was trying to claw her way back onto the team. And in 2012, that situation was reversed, and it's still reversed today: Carol is the establishment star, Wanda is the Avenger who can't quite make it back onto the team.

The other thing I like which is only hinted at in the times they've met is that Wanda is an old-fashioned Silver Age superheroine, who never throws a punch, while Carol's comic was specifically created to make a more modern heroine who actually punches people and doesn't conform to the '60s ideas of what a female superhero should be like. That odd-couple pairing is surprisingly rare in comics and I find it more interesting than when Wanda hangs out with Wasp, or Carol with Spider-Woman - i.e. characters created in the same eras who have more obviously similar sensibilities.

Anyway, since no one will have them meet in the comics this is all mostly fanfiction and wishful thinking, but I thought explaining why I'm always waiting to see them meet again would be better than just complaining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    carol looks so beautiful here
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”