Page 17 of 134 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Don't get started. It's also pretty funny that some of these guys and their fans don't seem to realize that they're acting exactly like the people they claim they are against ( some know full well what they're doing, they're just in it for the hits).
    TACKY.

Its astounding at times, how badly folks lack self awareness and become blinded by their own discontent.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    TACKY.

Its astounding at times, how badly folks lack self awareness and become blinded by their own discontent.
    Arguing about social issues on Facebook/Twitter...

"The SJWs just make up things to be outraged about! Things are fine, get over it!"

Time to make a video...

"This comic is a leftist anti-male plot and the movie will fail because 'get woke go broke!' "

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    I am really bad at telling when art is good because I usually like the art even when other people don't. I thought it was really good throughout.

I am not an artist though.
    There's a lot of very good art (imo) that people just don't like. Back in KSD's run, Soy and Andrade's art was very polarizing, but I loved them both.

Good art is what you like, not what somebody else says you should like. That's the beauty of subjectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    There's a lot of very good art (imo) that people just don't like. Back in KSD's run, Soy and Andrade's art was very polarizing, but I loved them both.
    So did I. Dont get me started on all those horrible closed minded fans who refused to enjoy Andrade's Euro-style. It was different and fun, people! Different! And! Fun!

(ya'll know Im playing, I hope)

Good art is what you like, not what somebody else says you should like. That's the beauty of subjectivity.
    The former artist in me wants to both agree and disagree with this so much.

Early happy birthday, btw! Hope you have an excellent one.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So did I. Dont get me started on all those horrible closed minded fans who refused to enjoy Andrade's Euro-style. It was different and fun, people! Different! And! Fun!
    I've picked up my share of Carol commissions at cons over the years. The one Andrade did for me is probably my favorite to this day.

The former artist in me wants to both agree and disagree with this so much.
    Heh. I think maybe more what I'm getting at is there's a difference between "art that's not to my taste" and "art that's actually bad"... and sometimes they get conflated in the way we talk about them. But if you pick up a book and you like what you see, that's what matters. Something like that...

Early happy birthday, btw! Hope you have an excellent one.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Nice, although, that's some serious airbrushing on Larson. It doesn't even look like her.

I really love those! Jude Law is so hot and Minn-Erva looks super cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Nice, although, that's some serious airbrushing on Larson. It doesn't even look like her.
    I'd say it looks like her on the big HD version.

I feel like Minn-Erva has the potential to be a good rival for Carol if they play her right.

Is that Tracy Burke or Carol's mom?

It kind of feels weird to see them promoting Monica Rambeau's mother so much. I don't expect her to do much more then Rachel McAdams did in Dr. Strange.

(I still don't really get all the cat promotion and I read the DeConnick run. It's like they're trying to acknowledge a meme or something).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    (I still don't really get all the cat promotion and I read the DeConnick run. It's like they're trying to acknowledge a meme or something).
    Or they're trying to create one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I really love those! Jude Law is so hot and Minn-Erva looks super cool...

I'd say it looks like her on the big HD version.
    Yeah, that's better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The cat has fans. Trust me. (Of course, Reed's run is also essential cat reading.)

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Heh. I think maybe more what I'm getting at is there's a difference between "art that's not to my taste" and "art that's actually bad"... and sometimes they get conflated in the way we talk about them. But if you pick up a book and you like what you see, that's what matters. Something like that...
    It absolutely is. I totally agree. The old artist in me though, still looks at technical elements and gets grumpy.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Eh, that's nothing compared to the airbrushing on Coulson and Fury. Dudes don't even look like themselves.

~ Black Panther.

Here's the HD one of Goose because I just know you all want it.

This is an unofficial sequel to The Cat From Outer Space too really.

Can see a lot of Minn-Erva cosplays incoming. Gemma Chan looks amazing in blue.
    Last edited by snark^; 01-16-2019 at 11:29 PM.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.