Page 21 of 134 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

The only reason I knew is because I saw people posting about it on Twitter.
    Baby Thanos

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    Oh ok thanks, I didn't know that seltzer was just water
    Yeah, it's carbonated water.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Basically, if you've had club soda or sparkling water, you've had seltzer.

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Isn't that Emma Frost?
    I thought it was Bobbi Morse for a second there .

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Isn't that Emma Frost?
    For what it's worth, I don't think Emma would be caught dead in a Dazzler t-shirt.

By the way, some old MARVEL HANDBOOK entries for Carol as Binary:

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 1 No. 2 (February 1983)

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition Vol. 2 No. 2 (January 1986)

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition Vol. 1 No. 36 (November 1993)

BANNED

dang I wish we had a classic Ms. Marvel entry (before she had energy blasts)

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

whoops made a mistake - ignore this
    Last edited by responsarbre; 01-27-2019 at 07:45 PM. Reason: agh

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    dang I wish we had a classic Ms. Marvel entry (before she had energy blasts)
    I believe there are official Marvel profiles of Carol as Ms Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I believe there are official Marvel profiles of Carol as Ms Marvel.
    Possibly in later editions, but did her time as Binary change her Ms. Marvel abilities from what they originally had been back in the 1970s?

BANNED

They did change in some ways.
    For one her baseline level would be by absorbing ambient energy (and without it, she'd be a peak human). And she could throw around energy beams. Her strength level was also upgraded to class 75

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Possibly in later editions, but did her time as Binary change her Ms. Marvel abilities from what they originally had been back in the 1970s?

Not in the truest sense, no. The suit Carol originally wore until destroyed continued to increase her powers. When it got destroyed, somewhere around issue #16, Carol replaced it with a cloth replicanr, but it did not have the micro-circuitry the original suit had. Her powers were more or less set and stable there.

When Carol became the cosmic-powered mutate named Binary, her existing powers, like strength, speed, flight, durability were greatly enhanced, but she really gained many additional powers too, such as space flight, existing in outer space, a transformed state, picking up interstellar radio waves as well as other cosmic energy waves.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 01-28-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

So I think I mentioned that I was reading through all of the original Ms. Marvel issues of Carol Danvers before the Captain Marvel movie. I just finished the original volume, although I haven't yet gotten to the issues that didn't get printed until much later that led into Avengers Annual 10 (I also haven't re-read Avengers 200 yet). A few thoughts:

I was shocked that Claremont completely ended the Editor status quo so unceremoniously. It makes sense in the context of the story, but it was kind of shocking. It also feels like there's a bit of an unresolved plot there.

I liked that he brought back the character from the story where the space shuttle blew up. The story has some of the more uncomfortable Claremont tropes, but it was still good to see.

I'm really enjoying seeing early Death Bird in this. In fact, it makes me want to do a follow up read through where I re-read the Ms. Marvel with the X-Men stories. Maybe before X-Men: Dark Phoenix, I'll do a read-through through the Dark Phoenix Saga and the Brood Saga and all that.

The cancellation of this book must have been a surprise to everyone. Not only was work done on the next issue, this issue teased that it would continue. Plus, the Mystique story was just ramping up.

Over all, I have to say that I was impressed with Claremont's work and his ability to bring this character into a more cohesive whole. Her journalist storyline ended, but you didn't get the impression she was going to flounder or that Carol Danvers would take a back seat to generic superhero stories. Too bad it was over too soon.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Marvel has an overabundance of hot blondes with the same body type.
    That's because Marvel has more female characters than comics have hair colors.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

The Captain Marvel start here sampler is on the free part of the digital store. Probably nothing new to you guys but there are some interviews in it.
    Baby Thanos