Page 30 of 134 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    One more point. You don't need to put Anti-Feminist or Chavinist characters in her story to suggest Carol's for empowerment of women. Writers don't do that for Wonder Woman but we know she's all for female equality. Its not shoved down our throats with eye rolling moments of a characters making sexist comments.

You don't have characters in Black Panther's book making Anti-Black comments or Racial in any way to show T'Challa is pro-black why would you do it in Carol's book.. Honestly get with the times
    But they have done it for those characters in the past and have still done it in subtle ways in the present. It's just not the only issues that WW and BP deal with and it's not the only one that Carol deals with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    But they have done it for those characters in the past and have still done it in subtle ways in the present. It's just not the only issues that WW and BP deal with and it's not the only one that Carol deals with.
    Key words. Being "The Past" and "Subtle" you can't really say the same thing with this heavy need to strongly visually show it with Carol especially after with issue two.

A lot of the feminist stuff with Diana was during a time period where that stuff had more of a prescense to need to be brought up and same thing with the racial stuff with Black Panther. Present day its a bit weird cause feminism morphed from wanting equality to claiming superiority which isnt the best look for a comic character with the demographic for comic buyers mainly being white males or males in general.

I'm honestly wanting good stories and its hars to get that when the priority shifts to putting out a belief or agenda and writing a good story last. In know way has Radiation Man been demonstrated as a threat to Carol. Physically she overpowered him, intelligence obviously goes to her too, numbers? She has more people on her side.. So I'm reading a story where the biggest issue the character is facing is ignorance and its a pretty bland story so far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I see it a little differently. The guy is an old character from the 70's and his whole point was that he was a misogynist. At this point having such a character as the bad guy should be non-controversial. Why not have her face this guy? And really these type of villains don't show up all that frequently in Carol's books.
    Cause the villain provides no threat whatsoever. He should be a one-off villain at best for a single issue. Yet we're getting a story arc off this loser and a character like that isnt the best way to start off her series whatsoever.

Starting off with a joker can be worth it, because the focus can be more on introducing the lead character, and the post-apocalyptic setting is interesting.

That being said, Thompson has spoken about the Rogue's gallery before and Moonstone is currently just sitting in prison.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Starting off with a joker can be worth it, because the focus can be more on introducing the lead character, and the post-apocalyptic setting is interesting.

That being said, Thompson has spoken about the Rogue's gallery before and Moonstone is currently just sitting in prison.
    I still feel like this isn't the villain you use to start off a run. I'd honestly would of preffered the first issue her stopping an alien fleet, fighting terrorism, or anything not so juvenile feeling. Id be happy to see Moonstone again though. If they go the route they been going with other MCU characters I'm hoping Yon-Rogg, Ronan and Supreme Intelligence show up too as well as some Super Skrulls.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Key words. Being "The Past" and "Subtle" you can't really say the same thing with this heavy need to strongly visually show it with Carol especially after with issue two.

A lot of the feminist stuff with Diana was during a time period where that stuff had more of a prescense to need to be brought up and same thing with the racial stuff with Black Panther. Present day its a bit weird cause feminism morphed from wanting equality to claiming superiority which isnt the best look for a comic character with the demographic for comic buyers mainly being white males or males in general.

I'm honestly wanting good stories and its hars to get that when the priority shifts to putting out a belief or agenda and writing a good story last. In know way has Radiation Man been demonstrated as a threat to Carol. Physically she overpowered him, intelligence obviously goes to her too, numbers? She has more people on her side.. So I'm reading a story where the biggest issue the character is facing is ignorance and its a pretty bland story so far.
    And that where you lost me. Who is claiming that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    And that where you lost me. Who is claiming that?
    Unless you've been living under a rock or possibly don't surf the web often youd be surprised what you see. There's videos of women claiming the world would be better without men. Equality is men have no traits that are better than women but in reverse women have characteristics better than men. If you want I could pm you some stuff cause I don't want to derail this forum talking about modern day feminism compared to early day feminism.

Putting that aside. Mahkizmo clearly has a spoilers:
    a way of neutralizing their powers and very likely mind-controlling super like Rogue
    end of spoilers The threat is building.
    Last edited by dreyga2000; 02-14-2019 at 02:44 PM.

BANNED

I'll wait for the arc to end but still hoping the sexist comments are played down in the next couple issues.

Incredible Member

As if Mahkizmo was the real bad guy!
    I suspect Som is the real bad guy. Something like he created this weird reality to be finally important to someone and feel the gratitude of women as a commentary on the "incel" movement. It would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    As if Mahkizmo was the real bad guy!
    I suspect Som is the real bad guy. Something like he created this weird reality to be finally important to someone and feel the gratitude of women as a commentary on the "incel" movement. It would be good.
    I don't know

spoilers:
    I think SOM is Mahkizmo's son. I'm guessing he is an ally who has turned away from his father evil ways
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Make the only good male introduced in the story as a villain??

If anything if Som is a villain that Blonde Carol went in after for should be a villain too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    I don't know

spoilers:
    I think SOM is Mahkizmo's son. I'm guessing he is an ally who has turned away from his father evil ways
    end of spoilers
    Your idea is really good!
    I'm sorry, but no one can treat a villain called Mahkizmo seriously! He can't be the real villain, not enough brains!

I like the tone of this book so far. Carol is a relatable friend. I like her interactions with Jessica, how she's becoming a sort of mentor to Hazmat. This idea of a back-to-Earth approach is a good one because even if we end up in another dimension it brings back Carol to her roots and her humanity.

I'm half expecting Som to be transgender.

Also, someone tell Kelley that Echo CAN read lips through masks.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I was thinking that too but it seems a little too ballsy for Marvel at the moment.