Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    What if Carol and Mar-Vell got married and had kids?

What if Carol had won Civil War 2?

What if Carol was anti-mutant? (because of Rogue and Mystique)

What if Carol became Ms./Captain America instead of Ms./Captain Marvel?

What if Binary fought the Phoenix?
    I thought she did, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    What if Carol was anti-mutant? (because of Rogue and Mystique)

What if Carol became Ms./Captain America instead of Ms./Captain Marvel?

What if Binary fought the Phoenix?
    there was an alt universe carol in brian reed's run who was killing rogues
    binary did fight the phoenix in avx secret avengers

http://i.imgur.com/qwh8oOd.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I thought she did, though.
    Nobody won Civil War II. Most especially the fans.

Actually, I cant even say that. I didn't read it. Saw that train wreck coming and ducked for cover.

That art tho........
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Nobody won Civil War II. Most especially the fans.

Actually, I cant even say that. I didn't read it. Saw that train wreck coming and ducked for cover.

That art tho........
    It was a beautiful train wreck. Pacheco and Marquez draw my absolute favorite Cap’n Carol.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lol, funny how her need for coffee has managed to be a consistent character trait xD
    Why is the attachment so small? Let's try that again.

Captain Coffee Cup

The flow of coffee (edit - still annoyed I can't match the font correctly)

Edit: seems like there's a new, smaller limit on the size of images in general. Throwing it up as an imgur link.
    Last edited by snark^; 01-05-2019 at 09:00 PM.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

I absolutely LOVE everything about that second one.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

794AE3A4-01CA-4D91-ACB9-87FABA544B27.jpg
    Who knew J. Scott Campbell could do a cover I don’t cringe at?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

A new year for Carol is upon us. I'm cautiously optimistic about this new series since she's finally more Earth based again, but hopefully it really digs deep into Carol's own mythos and doesn't just keep having her hang out with other superheroes. I miss Wendy, Kit, and Frank. And villains -- I want to be really impressed by them. Hope we see Grace Valentine return to do something. Also would kind of like the return of Warren Traveler from the Brian Reed run.

But the art looks lovely, so that's something to celebrate.

I'm grateful to the movie for giving us this push in the comics, but I'm just not interested in it. Those trailers just looked really unappealing in every way.
    Last edited by MsAngel; 01-06-2019 at 07:55 AM.

I do admit that putting Carol back on earth is probably for the best. It's much more standard and more familiar, both to creators and readers. But I still feel like it's Carol losing out on a unique and viable niche that she could call her own. I haven't seen many interviews about the new series and I have faith in the creative team, but I can't like the idea that Carol is going from being one of the most important people on earth; tasked with our defense from space, and is going to (apparently?) just be another hero in (I think) NYC. It feels like a demotion.

I'm with you on the villains and cast though, from Traveler and Valentine to Kit and Frank.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MsAngel View Post
    A new year for Carol is upon us. I'm cautiously optimistic about this new series since she's finally more Earth based again, but hopefully it really digs deep into Carol's own mythos and doesn't just keep having her hang out with other superheroes. I miss Wendy, Kit, and Frank. And villains -- I want to be really impressed by them. Hope we see Grace Valentine return to do something. Also would kind of like the return of Warren Traveler from the Brian Reed run.

But the art looks lovely, so that's something to celebrate.

I'm grateful to the movie for giving us this push in the comics, but I'm just not interested in it. Those trailers just looked really unappealing in every way.
    bruuu brian's reed's run had the mutated/crystalized brood queen, warren traveller, doomsday man (he was there before too in claremont's/busiek's), and one of the more interesting representations of modok (dude was dying because of the experimentation)

There's also Storyteller, Essential, Lightning storm (with that could've been her team instead of alpha flight, atleast it would give her a consistent supporting cast). And considering cru's regeneration, I don't believe for second she's dead either.

There's so many cool concepts that can be played around with. Like the monkey's paw nature of the psyche magnitron. When carol got her powers, he mind was split and her 7th sense was going crazy (she might've even gone the way of genis-vell if rogue hadn't absorbed her powers). Yon Rogg became part of the psyche magnitron and had to collect the pieces to be whole again. Destroyer got fused with the doomsday man in a painful existence. Maybe make something up about Minerva. You can really expand on the lore of why the kree don't use the magnitron more. It could tie in with the unstable nature of carol's powers as well.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 01-06-2019 at 10:04 AM.

I love this "Mary Jane Watson" as Captain Marvel cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    There's so many cool concepts that can be played around with. Like the monkey's paw nature of the psyche magnitron. When carol got her powers, he mind was split and her 7th sense was going crazy (she might've even gone the way of genis-vell if rogue hadn't absorbed her powers). Yon Rogg became part of the psyche magnitron and had to collect the pieces to be whole again. Destroyer got fused with the doomsday man in a painful existence. Maybe make something up about Minerva. You can really expand on the lore of why the kree don't use the magnitron more. It could tie in with the unstable nature of carol's powers as well.
    I just started reading the Ms. Marvel series from 1977 since I haven't read it before. I never heard of this 7th sense thing before I started reading it, does she have that ability for long? It's a very stupid ability and makes her more unbelavible.

So far I'm enjoying the series, I like how empowering it is! I also read all the issues were Carol appeared in the Captain Marvel series from 1968, and I can't believe how he treated Carol in the series. Really putting her down for being a woman in that position. I know it was the 60's. But come on, Mar Vell is an real ******* and sexist to Carol in that series. Incredible that the writers allowed this.

Quote Originally Posted by Koj☆ View Post
    I just started reading the Ms. Marvel series from 1977 since I haven't read it before. I never heard of this 7th sense thing before I started reading it, does she have that ability for long? It's a very stupid ability and makes her more unbelavible.
    It's not all that different from Spider-Man's spider-sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Koj☆ View Post

So far I'm enjoying the series, I like how empowering it is! I also read all the issues were Carol appeared in the Captain Marvel series from 1968, and I can't believe how he treated Carol in the series. Really putting her down for being a woman in that position. I know it was the 60's. But come on, Mar Vell is an real ******* and sexist to Carol in that series. Incredible that the writers allowed this.
    it remains in the 1977 series.
    She doesn't have it past that book however.
    Personally I think it's a cool ability, if it were to be tied in with cosmic awareness. Genis vell in Peter david's Captain marvel struggled with hallucinating visions of the future, I just wish someone would make the connection. Ewing sort of indicated how carol's got some cosmic awareness in the ultimates, but he gave it to everyone

what does carol's sash taste like
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate