Page 42 of 134 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Have any you checked out Captain Marvel: Braver & Mightier? It's a pretty good read.
    I bought it today but I haven't had a chance to read my new comics yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    By the wing insignia on their blazers, I think they are Royal Air Force.
    Three on the left in navy blue are RN Fleet Air Arm; RAF in grey; Army Air Corp in khaki. They'll all be transport or wokka pilots I'd imagine - transport/rescue/anti-sub mostly, but the UK has had a couple of female Apache gunship pilots. Don't think they've had any female fast jet pilots yet.
    Last edited by snark^; 03-01-2019 at 12:38 AM.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

A story I hadn't heard at all: The original plan for Carol's pregnancy would have involved the Kree Supreme Intelligence

I'm not saying the story is a good story either way (although I will point out that Avengers #197 is more thematically coherent than the mess that #200 itself is, so I suspect it might have at least been better). Certainly, having the Supreme Intelligence involved fits better with Ms. Marvel than Marcus, son of Immortus.

Part of my interest in this seems to stem from who is to blame. Jim Shooter has pretty much said that, while he is on the credits and must have had some involvement, he doesn't remember having any involvement (while also saying the buck stops with him ultimately either way). That being said, characters like Marcus, who is similar to Korvac where they play up the idea of the god-like being actually being noble despite that hints of mind control and rape, feels very much like a Jim Shooter character. At a minimum, Shooter might get writing credit simply for saying that they couldn't use the Supreme Intelligence, but I do wonder if he was involved in the replacement idea too.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Much less odious! Sounds like a clusterf..... as they scrambled to finish off the story. And I had forgotten how appalling they had written Wasp, and to a lesser extent her fellow Avengers’ reaction.

When I read up on Carol’s convoluted arc over the many years, I’ve come to appreciate Deconnick’s revamping ever more so.

As an aside, after I picked up her Avengers Assemble arc post Bendis, I always felt KSD would’ve been a great Avengers writer. Ahh such a missed opportunity, although hope springs ever eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    A story I hadn't heard at all: The original plan for Carol's pregnancy would have involved the Kree Supreme Intelligence

I'm not saying the story is a good story either way (although I will point out that Avengers #197 is more thematically coherent than the mess that #200 itself is, so I suspect it might have at least been better). Certainly, having the Supreme Intelligence involved fits better with Ms. Marvel than Marcus, son of Immortus.

Part of my interest in this seems to stem from who is to blame. Jim Shooter has pretty much said that, while he is on the credits and must have had some involvement, he doesn't remember having any involvement (while also saying the buck stops with him ultimately either way). That being said, characters like Marcus, who is similar to Korvac where they play up the idea of the god-like being actually being noble despite that hints of mind control and rape, feels very much like a Jim Shooter character. At a minimum, Shooter might get writing credit simply for saying that they couldn't use the Supreme Intelligence, but I do wonder if he was involved in the replacement idea too.
    I've heard of this before and the idea that an in-progress plot was derailed over a What If? still makes me laugh.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Ultimate Member

The Carol pregnancy thing was a terrible idea in-general.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

I hadn't read anything about that until today. I wonder whether or not Micheline intended to exile Ms. Marvel to Kreeworld -- if the Marcus element had not been introduced. I always found it suspicious that both Ms. Marvel and Thundra were take off the playing field around the same time that the lame She-Hulk series was introduced.

What is Captain Marvel’s excuse for not helping the Avengers before?”

Last edited by juan678; 03-01-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The Carol pregnancy thing was a terrible idea in-general.
    hasn't this entire story been wiped away in Secret Wars (2015)?

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    What is Captain Marvel’s excuse for not helping the Avengers before?”
    This actually makes her sound like a Green Lantern...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Not as far as we know. The only real changes to continuity that story seemed to have was Miles Morales and his supporting cast getting retconned as part of the 616 reality (and also doing away with his mom's death, a very smart decision).

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    What makes you think that?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?