Page 45 of 134 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Holy crap what is the marketing budget for this movie???

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Because that's not how this works. It's not how any of this works. For starters, as bad as the original idea was, the follow up in Avengers Annual 10 still matters. Second, Secret Wars didn't really retcon anything. It certainly didn't selectively shunt things into an alternate universe. If Avengers #200 is in an alternate universe, is Avengers #197 where Carol discovered that she was pregnant in one as well? If so, is it the whole issue or just the parts where she's pregnant? Is the conversation between Carol and Wanda about having children in this universe or an alternate universe? After all, that matters for the Vision and Scarlet Witch maxi series. Is that in an alternate universe as well now?
    And that ultimately affects Young Avengers, since Wiccan and Speed are Vision and Wanda's kids, with origins tied to the events of that old mini.

Just saw this on Reddit. Based on the price being 10p and the fact it says all-colour, this is a British edition of Ms. Marvel #1. I'm surprised to see this, I thought that Marvel just reprinted their stuff in anthologies like Mighty World of Marvel back then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm still angry there is no Titan Hero Series (12 inches) action figure for Ms. Marvel (at least not one I can find anywhere). grrr The barbie type figure with hair is cool and all but she won't fit in with the rest of my Marvel/DC/Star Wars/Power Rangers collection as the format is so different. I have no idea why Captain Marvel is not being given a Titan Hero Series action figure when literally every other Marvel Cinematic character has been given one (even characters like Carnage who never appeared in the live-action Venom movie).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Holy crap what is the marketing budget for this movie???
    Production 150 and marketing 100. Total budget 250.

Speaking of Marketing... this week is 'make the talk show rounds' week:

- Jimmy Kimmel has Brie Larson tonight, Samuel L. Jackson tomorrow, and Gemma Chan on Wednesday.
    - Live with Kelly and Ryan has Brie on Wednesday.
    - James Corden has Sam Jackson on Wednesday.
    - The View has Brie and Annette Benning on Thursday.
    - Ellen has Brie on Friday.

I may have missed some!

And lastly... Marvel.com is livestreaming from the red carpet premiere tonight at 8:30 EST/5:30 PST.

haha I didn't know Brie and Sam were BFF's

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Speaking of Marketing... this week is 'make the talk show rounds' week:

- Jimmy Kimmel has Brie Larson tonight, Samuel L. Jackson tomorrow, and Gemma Chan on Wednesday.
    - Live with Kelly and Ryan has Brie on Wednesday.
    - James Corden has Sam Jackson on Wednesday.
    - The View has Brie and Annette Benning on Thursday.
    - Ellen has Brie on Friday.

I may have missed some!

And lastly... Marvel.com is livestreaming from the red carpet premiere tonight at 8:30 EST/5:30 PST.
    Radio ads just started here in Dallas. Which is odd because this is the first time I have ever heard ads for a Marvel movie on the radio and that includes Spiderverse, Deadpool & Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    haha I didn't know Brie and Sam were BFF's
    They did Kong Skull Island before doing Captain Marvel, so they have technically been shooting together for a full two years.

Marketing's probably way higher than that by now. They're going all out on this like they did with Black Panther in that they're spending enough money to almost ensure it can't fail. IIRC the usual formula was marketing = 1/2 the production budget for big marquee films, but that's been getting blown apart these last few years with some studios spending close to 50/50 for advertising spam across all forms of media.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

This gown and those earrings must have been custom made for this occasion:

Stars of hala everywhere!

Probably and it's absolutely gorgeous
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

reviews for the movie are mixed... expect 70-80% on RT

Teared up listening to Brie and Lashana being interviewed at the premiere. This GD movie is gonna wreck me and I am READY to be SHATTERED.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Teared up listening to Brie and Lashana being interviewed at the premiere. This GD movie is gonna wreck me and I am READY to be SHATTERED.
    Got a link?