Page 56 of 134 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Just Got Back from the Captain Marvel Movie, My 1st Viewing!

spoilers:
    One Note of Great Honor and Loving I had in the Theaters before I get to My Review;

When the Marvel Logo came up before the Movie and it showed ALL of Stan Lee's Cameos to Honor Him and they Payed Tribute to him after it as well ~~~ I started clapped abit and others joined me in the Screening, It Really Warmed My Heart that others joined along in clapping for what Stan Lee Gave to Us!
    =)

I honestly went in Like I do with Most Movies these days with not major expectations to let the movie give me what I desires to give me and that has been working well for me for a good time now.

I honestly have to say for the 1st outing of see Captain Marvel I REALLY Enjoyed It more then I thought!

It started off slow but it kept picking up more and more and getting better and better as it was going along. It is good like this cause now when I do a 2ND outing of the Movie, I am trying to plan to see it a 2nd Time Next Weekend and usually I enjoy my 2nd viewings even more, the beginning will have FAR more Significance to me then in my 1st viewing and I love it when movies like this do that.

Nick and Carol's Relationship as well as Carl and Maria's Friendship was one of the hearts of this movie and I really like the down to earth, really character personal interactions the movie gives making the characters feel real and my caring about them and what will come of them. It is the small interaction moments that make the Bigger Action moments have more meaning and weight!

Also the twist with Skrulls really hit hard with me, made me care so much about the outcome and betting the Twist Villains So Much More! Prots to the writing department for making the Skrulls so Human in characters and in the struggles!

Ben Mendelsohn as Talos did an Amazing and Clever job at this and in his character, when good or bad he was very entertaining and likable!

I want to keep it short but I and many of my moviegoers enjoyed this movie and Enjoyed what it did for Carol's characters, made me like her more then I did Already!

On Rotten Tomatoes I gave it 4.5 out of 5 Stars!

This is cause the movie meant and went beyond both story and character wise. Even keeping expectations low I was impressed by what I got. Only negatives where nit-picks to me and I don't mind the what is called the Marvel Formula, I rarely notice it or care much about it, I enjoy the building of characters, worlds and narrative that movies gives me and they seem to always have their own unique flavors to each of them. =)

So Great Job by Brie Larson, I Love the Journey should took us on and I look forward to her in Avengers End Game!

Congrats to the Captain Marvel Faithful, this was a BLAST!!! =D
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Carol on her own can't possibly beat gauntlet-powered Thanos, or if she can, then she really will be the Mary Sue people fear she will be... but it's not going to happen, the filmmakers aren't stupid and they know that audiences won't like Carol if she upstages the characters they already love. She will help them win, she won't make them useless.
    I dont think Carol is going to solo Thanos either. It'd be a pretty sorry sendoff for Evans and Downy if the new kid finishes the job for them.

BUT!

Thanos is wounded now. And the gauntlet is damaged. He's probably not going to be the physical threat he was. And Thor nearly killed him. I dunno if Carol is as powerful as Thor and Stormbreaker but I wouldn't be surprised if she is. So she might be capable of killing Thanos.

I doubt the movie plays out that way of course. But looking at how Carol handled those Kree ships, and how Thor handled the Outrider shuttles, they seem to be roughly on par with each other.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    I'm not American but whenever I watch U.S. news channel and the subject of education in primary schools (idk the equivalent in U.S. ☺) comes up I always hear that kids aren't being taught civics in America. So how would an 8 yr old learn about MIC when they aren't being about govt?
    lmao im just memeing

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Carol on her own can't possibly beat gauntlet-powered Thanos, or if she can, then she really will be the Mary Sue people fear she will be... but it's not going to happen, the filmmakers aren't stupid and they know that audiences won't like Carol if she upstages the characters they already love. She will help them win, she won't make them useless.

As for what her role will be, spoilers:
    I think a clue may come from the fact that Infinity War built one of its subplots around the fact that Wanda's powers, which come from the Mind Stone, gave off the same energy as the Mind Stone. Now she's gone... unfortunately... but someone else shows up who is also drawing on the power of a stone. That could be used in a number of different ways.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I dont think Carol is going to solo Thanos either. It'd be a pretty sorry sendoff for Evans and Downy if the new kid finishes the job for them.

BUT!

Thanos is wounded now. And the gauntlet is damaged. He's probably not going to be the physical threat he was. And Thor nearly killed him. I dunno if Carol is as powerful as Thor and Stormbreaker but I wouldn't be surprised if she is. So she might be capable of killing Thanos.

I doubt the movie plays out that way of course. But looking at how Carol handled those Kree ships, and how Thor handled the Outrider shuttles, they seem to be roughly on par with each other.
    Thanks for the perspective. Yeah, not trying to throw shade at Carol or anything. Rather, this whole "Thanos is in trouble" line was just something I heard from those who had reviewed the film initially.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    lmao im just memeing
    Lmao! Ok, got it.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Thanks for the perspective. Yeah, not trying to throw shade at Carol or anything. Rather, this whole "Thanos is in trouble" line was just something I heard from those who had reviewed the film initially.
    Thanos will be in trouble when he fights Carol but it’ll likely be closer to the “he actually needs to put some effort in to win this” trouble and not “Hulk smash Loki” level trouble.

BANNED

Congratulations on a pretty decent film, Carol fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

BUT!

I imagine they might do something to pull Carol away from a fight with Thanos when it gets to the climax.

For example, she may be tasked with taking on spaceships or bombers or something (something she can obviously handle lol) so she never gets in a direct 1v1 with a weakened thanos.

the Gauntlet being damaged was a brilliant move by the Russos though. Makes it believable he can be beaten instead of just snapping his fingers again. I would imagine he will be restricted to only using 1 stone at a time or something. A lot of theories really come down to how many Stones can Thanos use.

Thor almost killed him. Dr. Strange held his own 1v1 for a long time. Iron Man didn't do horrible all things considering. Really depends on stone issues. Even if they find him, there is nothing stopping Thanos from simply teleporting to the otherside of the universe instnatly
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Well, he *is* in trouble. Thor nearly killed Thanos when Thanos was fully powered. Now he's weakened, the gauntlet is busted up, and he's got a second powerhouse who, possibly, can take him down.

And the theory about Carol and her......ties.......to the stones is very likely going to play into it too. Someone else mentioned the theory here and I thought the same while at the theater. At the least it might be what keeps Thanos from running away from a fight.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I imagine they might do something to pull Carol away from a fight with Thanos when it gets to the climax.

For example, she may be tasked with taking on spaceships or bombers or something (something she can obviously handle lol) so she never gets in a direct 1v1 with a weakened thanos.
    Much like how they had Thor dealing with Outriders instead of the Black Order? Yeah, that's my guess as well. I figure the original 6 Avengers will get in on the final beatdown while the other guys like Carol, Ant-Man, Rocket, etc., handle something else. Thanos' armies (if he has any left at this point), or saving people from the Soul World, or whatever. Keeps them vital and involved but lets the OG crew get the glory of defeating the Big Bad. And I really don't think this can end any other way except the core Avengers finishing what they started.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

the Gauntlet being damaged was a brilliant move by the Russos though. Makes it believable he can be beaten instead of just snapping his fingers again. I would imagine he will be restricted to only using 1 stone at a time or something. A lot of theories really come down to how many Stones can Thanos use.

Thor almost killed him. Dr. Strange held his own 1v1 for a long time. Iron Man didn't do horrible all things considering. Really depends on stone issues. Even if they find him, there is nothing stopping Thanos from simply teleporting to the otherside of the universe instnatly
    Yes. Absolutely. Also, good ideas MindofShadow.

This belief that Carol is going to BE ALL and END ALL in the End Game film is absurd and it speaks volumes to how ridiculously DELICATE these people in an uproar really are.
    Just from a narrative standpoint, to follow these heroes for as long as we have -- and to have someone totally new swoop in and "steal the glory" or whatever is just nonsense.

Will she be valuable? Yes. Of course. As will ALL CONTRIBUTORS to the battle. But anyone who genuinely believes Marvel is going to sideline everyone to elevate Carol needs to chill the F out.

That being said: I DO hope she pummels that maniac a little bit.

Just watched this afternoon. Very enjoyable film. I always seem to forget how MCU films just start and take off. I love that! Film does a good job on the Kree-Skrull dynamic. Will be interesting to see how casual film goers find this. Humour was fine and wasn’t over the top like Thor Ragnorok was for me. Only one music fight scene montage, please make notes for Guardians 3.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The movie was pretty good but I honestly thought the recent change to Carol's origin was gonna tie in with the movie but they just used a variation of the Psyche Magnetron origin.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I’m hoping the film will elevate comics-Carol even further.
    What she needs now is a really character-defining story. Something everyone unanimously points too when asked about the best Captain Marvel story.

For me at the minute it’s the first one from the 2012 series, where Carol jumps through time.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Congratulations on a pretty decent film, Carol fans.
    I have to say all the incredulity and outrage from certain quarters that thought it couldn't be done is a JOY to watch.