Page 59 of 134 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The amoutn of supposed comic nerds who keep messing this up is insane

spoilers:

Odins vault, Norway, Red Skull, Ocean, Howard Stark/SHIELD, Project Pegasus, Goose, Fury/SHIELD, Loki, Asgard, Loki, Thanos

That is the order. Howard Stark found the Cube at the end of Captain America: TFA. It wasn't even a post credit scene! It was a part of the movie! the stone wasn't found with Cap it was found before.

Obviously, it somehow got in possession of Mar-vell/Project Pegasus. It wasn't spelled out how. Maybe stolen. Maybe given to work on the light speed drive. It was a government/military thing obviously. Not like Mar-Vel was doing this off the books

there was no retconning. They just added in extra steps in the middle. SHIELD still had the tesseract twice.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks for the flowchart. I can’t say I’m that much of an MCU nerd, because I get confused by that universe and can’t keep track of what clues appear in all movies.
    Last edited by jackolover; 03-12-2019 at 06:06 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Thank God Mind of Shadow kept track of all that. I've never seen Thor 1.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    spoilers:
    I was a little surprised they gave a sympathetic take on the Skrulls. The revelation they were the victims was shocking.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Remember that this was 20 some years ago. Over time the Skrulls will become stronger and possibly turn on Carol and with her being human, make them target Earth. I could see Carol struggling with the fact that she did what she thought was right at the time by helping them, but now its coming back to bite her in the butt. She blames herself, loses confidence, considers reaching out to the Kree and telling them they were right all along only to have a vision of Mar-vell telling her she did the right thing. I, too, was very surprised to see the Skrulls have a sympathetic role. They are sneaky and manipulative and at no point were they every sympathetic figures in the comics. This was probably my biggest gripe with the movie. However, if its just to setup the sequel with them becoming evil and turning on Carol and the human race, it'll work out.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    For all Carols time out in space, it weird she never showed up in the Guardians movies.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Space is a very, very big place. I think there's a pretty easy argument for why the Guardians wouldn't have encountered her. But you never know, Rocket or Nebula could be like, "I've heard of her!" once she encounters them in Endgame.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think they could make a sequel to fill in all the blanks I feel are missing. That we never see her mother, and Carol is connected to Mar-Vell how? I still want Carol to have Kree blood, (so one parent had to be Kree), because how does she survive the explosion of that warp generator? She should have been killed if she was all human. Also, some brother history with Billy and the other brother.
    end of spoilers
    I agree. I would have liked to see more of that.

The weird thing with MCU carol is that we still barely know her at all.

And then we are going to get a 20 year time skip to End Game.

We missed all her "human" development due to the amnesia plotline and now are missing her "superhero" development jumping to Endgame.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The weird thing with MCU carol is that we still barely know her at all.

And then we are going to get a 20 year time skip to End Game.

We missed all her "human" development due to the amnesia plotline and now are missing her "superhero" development jumping to Endgame.
    What I think will be really interesting is that all of her stuff in Endgame was filmed before Captain Marvel. I'm sure doing that out of order brought some character development challenges.

I was expecting this film to hit me like Wonder Woman, but instead, it was all I could do to stay awake until all the explosions at the end.
    While I enjoyed many of the performances, I didn't like that Carol was just this blank slate that everyone was projecting on.
    The score was forgettable (they made a big deal about getting a female composer) and the song choices were a little on the nose.
    Overall, it was just standard Marvel fare: a bunch of people fighting over shiny objects.
    The first female led film at Marvel should have been so much more than this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I was expecting this film to hit me like Wonder Woman, but instead, it was all I could do to stay awake until all the explosions at the end.
    While I enjoyed many of the performances, I didn't like that Carol was just this blank slate that everyone was projecting on.
    The score was forgettable (they made a big deal about getting a female composer) and the song choices were a little on the nose.
    Overall, it was just standard Marvel fare: a bunch of people fighting over shiny objects.
    The first female led film at Marvel should have been so much more than this.
    I dont honestly get the Wonder Woman hype. I enjoyed both films but plotwise nothing in Wonder Woman was groundbreaking at all. The story is pretty forgetful if your not a comic fan because its pretty much her origin and the twist weren't really anything special if anything I didn't like the Ares twist or God killer thing. Regardless I think both have they're faults and high points.

Captain Marvel had action scenes throughout the film so I dont understand how anyone would fall asleep on top of the humor scenes throughout the movie. Even if I tried to take a nap someone next to me would be laughing like a madman over a Fury or Flerken scene.

Honestly could some of you just use the TV/Film Captain Marvel thread to express disappointment about the movie? Like, I guess it's fine if you just didn't like certain aspects, or you're a Carol Corp who got disappointed by her MCU version in comparison to the main Carol, or... Something else like that. But if you're not even part of the CM fandom, just watched the movie as a general comic book fan, and your main point is to say you didn't like it, I don't think the Carol APPRECIATION thread is really the place for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Honestly could some of you just use the TV/Film Captain Marvel thread to express disappointment about the movie? Like, I guess it's fine if you just didn't like certain aspects, or you're a Carol Corp who got disappointed by her MCU version in comparison to the main Carol, or... Something else like that. But if you're not even part of the CM fandom, just watched the movie as a general comic book fan, and your main point is to say you didn't like it, I don't think the Carol APPRECIATION thread is really the place for it.
    How about a little diversion:

Everybody...

Name your top 3 favorite things about the movie!

Go!

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post

Everybody...

Go!
    Monica was great I loved the pep talk she gave her mom. I thought the costume and action scenes were pretty great, and I enjoyed Nick Fury

BANNED

I liked how much fun carol was having fighting skrulls on the ship.
    I liked her just blasting yon rogg
    I liked Talos showing up at the house. The tension with the Maria skrull outside was scary.

Oh and just theme wise, I liked that they addressed the combat exclusion policy and the skrulls turning out to be the relatively good guys

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post

Everybody...

Go!
    Carol vs Skrulls
    Talos in general during/after the reveal
    Fury in general
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Carol vs. Skrulls
    Any scene with Annette Benning. Was just amazing
    "I have nothing to prove to you."
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast