Page 6 of 134 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Everybody else set to check out the Captain Marvel preview during tonight's College Football Playoff Finals? I've got my DVR set and ready to go. Hope we see more Skrulls, cats, and train battles in the upcoming preview.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    She regained her memories, but lost the emotional attachment she had to them when Rogue absorbed her powers and memories. I wonder if we’ll ever see Michael Rossi again.
    Did she regain her false Kree memories?

IIRC, Michael Rossi is dead and their last interactions were less than savory.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    I know it sort of revamped her, however it can be back with the right writing. Kree mother stuff breaks a lot of canon including how the kree inherently have powers when tht's the main problem for them that they can't evolve.

Like in the ultimates her awareness comes a bit from mar-vell.

We can come up with a reasoning that rogue's absorption brought it under control, since the original ms marvel struggled with involuntary visions which was really inconvenient to her. So she wouldn't have bothered to use it after the fact, but it would've been there in the form of dreams and gut feelings.

sort of like prior to kang dynasty she could sense something was off

https://i.imgur.com/a6cZKOZ.jpg?1

Or how in kelly sue's or brian reed's run she occassionally had a dream that forebode an arc that would come later.
    Thanks! This is very cool to see, that it is acknowdledged later on! Which comic is that picture from?
    Her 7th sense thing kinda makes more sense now, when I see how much more conected it is to her Kree powers and cosmic awareness!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Did she regain her false Kree memories?

IIRC, Michael Rossi is dead and their last interactions were less than savory.
    It's occasionally brought up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Koj☆ View Post
    Thanks! This is very cool to see, that it is acknowdledged later on! Which comic is that picture from?
    Her 7th sense thing kinda makes more sense now, when I see how much more conected it is to her Kree powers and cosmic awareness!
    It's from busiek's avengers around issue 41 (start of kang's dynasty).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Attachment 76231
    Who knew J. Scott Campbell could do a cover I don’t cringe at?
    Carol's Captain Marvel outfit always look better when it's inked with heavy blacks -- instead of just being solid blue. Also -- it's closer to her iconic Ms. Marvel color scheme.

... any reason why it's called a "seventh sense"-- instead, of, you know, sixth sense? lol. (Or what is the "normal", "sixth" sense, then?)

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The power set Carol currently has is based on her Binary powers which establish her with a baseline power level mimicking her Marvel days but expandable with enough energy introduced into her system from an outside source. NOT a return of her Kree based powers that included 7th Sense.But that’s probably something tptb want readers to forget with recent developments retconning Danvers genetic heritage.
    This pic is from Busiek's run, issue #4 from early 1998. It takes place after the Avengers are transported to a A/R by Moran LaFay, Wanda is able to start recalling Wonderman, and Wanda and the Avengers defeat LeFay.
    Last edited by mikeb; 01-07-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    This pic is from Busiek's run, issue #4 from early 1998. It takes place after the Avengers are transported to a A/R by Moran LaFay, Wanda is able to start recalling Wonderman, and Wanda and the Avengers defeat LeFay.
    Yep. It starts the slow build to the Carol-centric crossover "Live Kree or Die" that was only moderately successful in blending power loss issues with alcohol addiction. It started out as somewhat of a metaphorical connection but got messy as the story jumped titles...even though it was written by Busiek throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    It's occasionally brought up.

That's a good reference. She was lying when she said that, though, so it's not entirely clear if she still has Kree memories. But, at a minimum, other people (including Avengers) believe she still has those memories. I guess it would make sense the absence of emotional attachment to those memories would be enough for her to stop saying things like "By Hala."

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Incredible Member

Busiek's run on Avengers despite a few flaws here and there was an important and great era for Carol. Losing the stars, finding alcohol to cope with her fears, falling and rising above all that was a great story. Busiek brought back Ms Marvel to the audience and I liked his Carol!
    One thing I remember is Wanda acknowledging they had failed her too often, the do-gooders had been bad friends.
    And with Busiek began the story of Carol Danvers as a mainstay of the Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    That's a good reference. She was lying when she said that, though, so it's not entirely clear if she still has Kree memories. But, at a minimum, other people (including Avengers) believe she still has those memories. I guess it would make sense the absence of emotional attachment to those memories would be enough for her to stop saying things like "By Hala."
    Ye I'm not completely sure to what extent she has them

https://i.imgur.com/ndCwGFA.jpg?1

in enemy within yon rogg seems to use part of her memories in addition to his to recreate Kree-Lar, but carol herself doesn't seem to recognize it.

In the fazekas butters run, the ship which was amplifying kree dna made carol relive memories of mar-vell's experiences. (which I thought was odd given how she had her own unique memories in the 1977 version rather than mar-vells)

I guess its there but kinda buried deep?
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 01-07-2019 at 05:06 PM.

I actually thought it was somewhat ambiguous what her memories were originally. She remembered training in the Imperial Kree Navy and all that and she thought it was herself doing it, but I could see those memories could have been her brain interpreting Mar-Vell's memories.

The Enemy Within, while not without issues, seems to be the best indication that she did have (false) memories to draw from. Either that or they were genuine memories since I feel she had actually been to Kree-Lar by that point.

Can buy movie ticket's online now, in case you didn't know.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast