Page 67 of 134 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1998
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    Question Carol fans. Has she ever fought Thor?

Nope.

10 chars
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 03-16-2019 at 10:51 PM.

she fought Thor corps.

BANNED

In comics I don't really think a fight would boad well for Carol given how Hickman wrote that one Carol/Hulk scene. But then again she might be more suited to fighting Thor given he generally holds back a lot more and he'd potentially turn her into Binary during a fight. Id love for her to get an explained power boost though 👌😁

Other media she armwrestled Thor in the EMH comics as Ms Marvel and fought Destroyer Armor Thor in the Avengers Assemble cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    In comics I don't really think a fight would boad well for Carol given how Hickman wrote that one Carol/Hulk scene. But then again she might be more suited to fighting Thor given he generally holds back a lot more and he'd potentially turn her into Binary during a fight. Id love for her to get an explained power boost though ����

Other media she armwrestled Thor in the EMH comics as Ms Marvel and fought Destroyer Armor Thor in the Avengers Assemble cartoon
    yeah, true.

she did become considerably stronger since then (throwing huge ass asteroids etc).

hell, in the preview for #3 she goes Binary without absorption... at least I think she does.

Thanks guys

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    yeah, true.

she did become considerably stronger since then (throwing huge ass asteroids etc).

hell, in the preview for #3 she goes Binary without absorption... at least I think she does.
    She's been doing that Binary thing depending on the writer I feel like. Different writers treat the Binary state differently

I think the Celestial showing was more impressive than the asteroid but she still seems under a lot of powerhouses looking at her fight with Namor. She Hulk coming off as the most impressive currently among The Avengers
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 03-17-2019 at 02:07 PM.

She's been doing that Binary thing depending on the writer I feel like. Different writers treat the Binary state differently

I think the Celestial showing was more impressive than the asteroid but she still seems under a lot of powerhouses looking at her fight with Namor. She Hulk coming off as the most impressive currently among The Avengers
    tell me about.

no one was impressive against Namor haha

hahahaha time for late thoughts about the movie hee hee

I was very impressed with the job they did weaving the completely isolated Monica stuff and the contemporary Carol stuff into such an elaborate remix of the Mar-Vell stuff. Jokes and action and whatnot were up to general MCU quality. Skrull stuff was great and very smart. Kree stuff was just awesome. Loved the take on the Supreme Intelligence and hope they go further with that in a later movie, I have ideas... Felt Ronan got done dirty in GOTG so seeing him in the green felt great. Loved the entire cast. I really want a Live Kree or Die Avengers movie like OMG, I have ideas... Definitely my favorite MCU origin tied with Homecoming and very high up there in general. Goooood I love it. My only complaint is that so much of the smart stuff will go over basically the entire audience not on top of the source material. But now I can explain it and look smart, so it's actually another strength!

Also, the way time works in space is funky or something. I've seen it used in other fiction. That might explain the age.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Namor was stronger than usual and basically caught thor's hammer effortlessly and cracked it.

In comics I don't really think a fight would boad well for Carol given how Hickman wrote that one Carol/Hulk scene. But then again she might be more suited to fighting Thor given he generally holds back a lot more and he'd potentially turn her into Binary during a fight. Id love for her to get an explained power boost though 👌😁

I feel like fights with the Hulk never really go well for characters with the flying brick/paragon type powersets. Hulk fights are just about who can punch harder, and all the extra abilities heroes like Carol and Thor have; the flight, the speed, the energy manipulation, it all gets downplayed so they can tussle with Hulk on his terms. And that doesn't benefit anyone other than Hulk.

I mean, Carol's fast enough she should be able to fly in, grab Hulk by the back of the head, and launch him into orbit before he knows what's happening. He'd probably manage to get a hand on her and refuse to let go, but once they're in space Banner should be in serious trouble while Carol (and Thor) are just hitting their element.

Hulk's great, but he's strong and tough, and has some solid reflexes. That's it. Compared to the vast array of powers that people like Carol and Thor boast, Banner really should be at a disadvantage in a fight with them, not be heavily favored to win.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

New Avengers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I feel like fights with the Hulk never really go well for characters with the flying brick/paragon type powersets. Hulk fights are just about who can punch harder, and all the extra abilities heroes like Carol and Thor have; the flight, the speed, the energy manipulation, it all gets downplayed so they can tussle with Hulk on his terms. And that doesn't benefit anyone other than Hulk.

I mean, Carol's fast enough she should be able to fly in, grab Hulk by the back of the head, and launch him into orbit before he knows what's happening. He'd probably manage to get a hand on her and refuse to let go, but once they're in space Banner should be in serious trouble while Carol (and Thor) are just hitting their element.

Hulk's great, but he's strong and tough, and has some solid reflexes. That's it. Compared to the vast array of powers that people like Carol and Thor boast, Banner really should be at a disadvantage in a fight with them, not be heavily favored to win.
    Regardless I'd like to see a fight between the two where Hulk doesn't completely embarass her. Mar-Vell put up better fights against Hulk granted Hulk was weaker back then but still Mar-Vell wasnt in the same strength class. I dont honestly see any writer writing Thor getting treated how Carol got handled against Hulk by Hickman. I don't want her to be able to trade blows with Hulk without an explanation either though and given how Immortal Hulk seems to be operating Binary is prpbably the best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Namor was stronger than usual and basically caught thor's hammer effortlessly and cracked it.
    Thor honestly seems likes he been underperforming to in all honesty. The guy was being stalemated by Robbie's car...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    New Avengers

I liked the idea of this.
    https://youtu.be/kxHnFSFLD-I

I'm not sure how theyre honestly going to do the Avengers moving forward given they said they wont be laying the films out the way they have been after phase 3.

I'm honestly gunning for The Ultimates with Strange included caused I'd love to see a couple of those guys be household names in their own debut team.

Id give Thor the Avengers and maybe include Antman, Wasp, and Spiderman (The Bug Trinity) don't know how my ideal lineup for The Ultimates would be though. Maybe Bruce Banner, Monica Rambeua and I'm hoping Carol brings in The In humans.

BANNED

Regardless I'd like to see a fight between the two where Hulk doesn't completely embarass her. Mar-Vell put up better fights against Hulk granted Hulk was weaker back then but still Mar-Vell wasnt in the same strength class. I dont honestly see any writer writing Thor getting treated how Carol got handled against Hulk by Hickman. I don't want her to be able to trade blows with Hulk without an explanation either though and given how Immortal Hulk seems to be operating Binary is prpbably the best bet.

Thor honestly seems likes he been underperforming to in all honesty. The guy was being stalemated by Robbie's car...

Mar-vell also has cosmic awareness.... which to be fair gave him the precise spots to hit. Super skill has it's benefits like Mantis taking out thor and then getting restrained by her father, and characters like gamora making Thanos bleed.