Page 68 of 134 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1998
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Mar-vell also has cosmic awareness.... which to be fair gave him the precise spots to hit. Super skill has it's benefits like Mantis taking out thor and then getting restrained by her father, and characters like gamora making Thanos bleed.
    Well that could be the power up there if there is one. Carol gaining cosmic awareness. Which would be cool given she's a cosmic heroine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Mar-vell also has cosmic awareness.... which to be fair gave him the precise spots to hit. Super skill has it's benefits like Mantis taking out thor and then getting restrained by her father, and characters like gamora making Thanos bleed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Well that could be the power up there if there is one. Carol gaining cosmic awareness. Which would be cool given she's a cosmic heroine.
    She does have her "7th sense". (Why 7th and not 6th? Who knows...)

It's one of those weird little things of hers that gets ignored by most writers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    She does have her "7th sense". (Why 7th and not 6th? Who knows...)

It's one of those weird little things of hers that gets ignored by most writers.
    I don't remember that ever being brought up for her in modern times. Hell if anything they could always bring it back and establish it as having been a lesser cosmic awareness that gets expanded on. The 7th sense was like a danger sense. They could establish a 6th that tells her where to strike her opponents and such like that.

Which would be awesome because you don't technically have to give her a powerboost your honestly just digging into her lore and reestablishing elements from it.

I don't remember that ever being brought up for her in modern times. Hell if anything they could always bring it back and establish it as having been a lesser cosmic awareness that gets expanded on. The 7th sense was like a danger sense. They could establish a 6th that tells her where to strike her opponents and such like that.

Which would be awesome because you don't technically have to give her a powerboost your honestly just digging into her lore and reestablishing elements from it.
    I remember it was mentioned in Ultimates, can't remember the issue
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised given Ewing is a continuity buff (Immortal Hulk). If you could find the issue give me a shout out to it though.

In Ultimates ^2 #1, during a conversation she and T'Challa had in a diner

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Wow that's right, you'r the best!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    T'Challa askes her what she dreamed about and all we saw waa space.

I didnt see no reference to cosmic awareness or her 7th sense. Unless I missed it.

T'Challa askes her what she dreamed about and all we saw waa space.

I didnt see no reference to cosmic awareness or her 7th sense. Unless I missed it.
    this is the scene i was remembering I think, he alluded to her being in tune with the universe due to the power of the first captain marvel, maybe it was too subtle?

ca.jpg

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Besides that, the Ms. Marvel team-up issue of the Black Widow and Marvel Girls mini had a scene with Carol's 7th sense.

Were there any 7th sense scenes in Reed's run or the recent CM stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I want to say Reed never mention it. I think there have been more recent allusions to it, but I'd have to do some digging to find them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Besides that, the Ms. Marvel team-up issue of the Black Widow and Marvel Girls mini had a scene with Carol's 7th sense.

this is the scene i was remembering I think, he alluded to her being in tune with the universe due to the power of the first captain marvel, maybe it was too subtle?

ca.jpg
    Yeah I skipped over that in my head. I could see it now when T'Challa suggest she had dreams that made her come to him in preparation. I was hoping for something more combat applicable like how it was used when she first appeared as Ms Marvel as a spider sense of sorts. But that sounds really awesome I honestly assumed The Ultimates mutually banded together with all of them thinking the same idea. But Carol and T'Challa being in the forefront helps support my want for them to form the team in the MCU.

Yeah I skipped over that in my head. I could see it now when T'Challa suggest she had dreams that made her come to him in preparation. I was hoping for something more combat applicable like how it was used when she first appeared as Ms Marvel as a spider sense of sorts. But that sounds really awesome I honestly assumed The Ultimates mutually banded together with all of them thinking the same idea. But Carol and T'Challa being in the forefront helps support my want for them to form the team in the MCU.
    I liked how it was displayed when rogue had it also:

rogue02 7th.jpg

rogue 7th.jpg

BANNED

I liked how it was displayed when rogue had it also:

rogue02 7th.jpg

rogue 7th.jpg
    Yeah the first scan was what I meant but the idea of some type of foresight into something dangerous about to happen is prettt awesome.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The most typical example of the Seventh Sense was for visions into the future. I can't remember when it was referenced for Carol last, but I can confirm it appeared for Rogue at least into the mid-90s (Zero Tolerance era to be more precise).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?