Page 82 of 134 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1998
    Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    Or more than one enemy. A team of villains, or a "horde" like The Brood or something.
    end of spoilers

Honestly, I thought things went about as well as they reasonably could've for her. And most importantly, what they did with her; her dialogue and powers and the way Brie played it, felt authentic and right.

I am satisfied with her appearance here. And beyond satisfied with the rest of it. It'll be a long time before anything in the MCU tops this, I think. Emotionally draining, in the best of ways.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

It's probably already discussed long before, but how do you guys feel about MCU Carol's lack of energy absorption?
    I mean it's one trait that clearly separate her from a standard flying brick.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It's probably already discussed long before, but how do you guys feel about MCU Carol's lack of energy absorption?
    She's already in danger of being far more powerful than the other members (save Thor). Adding her other comic powers to her arsenal might be a little much.

Havent noticed it all to be honest. She's already portrayed as uber powerful. Not sure that would have added much in terms of how we've seen her thus far

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    She's already in danger of being far more powerful than the other members (save Thor). Adding her other comic powers to her arsenal might be a little much.
    Not save Thor actually.

spoilers:

She was even stronger than Thanos, no-selling his head-butt like that and forcing him to detach the power gem to deal with her.
    end of spoilers

Will be interesting to see how she'll get portrayed in future movies, hopefully they will find some suitable challenges for her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I mean if MCU Carol has this power, they would probably make it so she is only that powerful(or more powerful) in a fully charged mode and slightly less powerful in normal mode. Thus a more dynamic power set that won't jeopodize certain plots.
    And it's easier to build later stories on.
    spoilers:
    At this point you need to be Thanos's level strong if you want to fight her head-on, for example, a Super-Skrull would probably have to be as strong as Thanos.)
    end of spoilers

I have been reading comics and watching movies since I was little boy I have never heard anyone in my life ever say "I wonder who can challenge Superman in this movie or tv show" in context of we can't find a single character capable facing this amazing powerful character. The big point is why does uncontrolled power fantasy with woman seem to create this fear of things going wrong. Especially when Thor has been just as powerful in presentation up to final Thanos fight (and the movie place a limitation on him). The Thor literally jumped in a star and it was implied that if he gone for head with Stormbreaker he would have beaten Thanos. They were zero worries about Thor and his future who could he possibly fight or whether he would overshadow the group of heroes.

Carol power level is going to be fine. I am personally going with assumption that she has been operating in her Binary Form and she has weaker form before she goes unbeatable Super Saiyan. Even without that thinking Kevin Feige has said Captain Marvel is going to get an Achilles Heel. So that is another angle the issue will be dealt and Lastly they have the full wealth of Marvel properties now and Captain Marvel is a cosmic hero she can run into Silver Surfer, Terrax, Annihilus, Gladiator, Galactus, Super Skrull, Hela, Eternals,etc just to name a few. If People weren't worried about Thor and Hulk don't worry about Captain Marvel eitherspoilers:
    and just enjoy the big overtop ridiculous moments she will provide like that moment when she flew into earth orbit and Thanos ships went oh shit we have to target that
    end of spoilers that is one of best superhero moments on film to date, and as a comic fan it should bring you sheer joy.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think there's room to handle it either way at this point.

spoilers:

Her power levels in the movie are incredibly high. Basically, it's the powers she had as Binary. But, in each movie, there's at least a theoretical external power source. In her movie, she's powered by the Tesseract (both in the sense that it gives her her powers but also much more directly at the end). In Endgame, she's near the entire Gauntlet. If they tone her down, they could say the other times are due to her energy absorbing powers.
    end of spoilers
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Not save Thor actually.

spoilers:

She was even stronger than Thanos, no-selling his head-butt like that and forcing him to detach the power gem to deal with her.
    end of spoilers

Will be interesting to see how she'll get portrayed in future movies, hopefully they will find some suitable challenges for her.
    I thought her showing here was on par with Thor's in infinity war

Both had their situation in hand so to speak

Tactics aside

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I have been reading comics and watching movies since I was little boy I have never heard anyone in my life ever say "I wonder who can challenge Superman in this movie or tv show" in context of we can't find a single character capable facing this amazing powerful character. The big point is why does uncontrolled power fantasy with woman seem to create this fear of things going wrong. Especially when Thor has been just as powerful in presentation up to final Thanos fight (and the movie place a limitation on him). The Thor literally jumped in a star and it was implied that if he gone for head with Stormbreaker he would have beaten Thanos. They were zero worries about Thor and his future who could he possibly fight or whether he would overshadow the group of heroes.

Carol power level is going to be fine. I am personally going with assumption that she has been operating in her Binary Form and she has weaker form before she goes unbeatable Super Saiyan. Even without that thinking Kevin Feige has said Captain Marvel is going to get an Achilles Heel. So that is another angle the issue will be dealt and Lastly they have the full wealth of Marvel properties now and Captain Marvel is a cosmic hero she can run into Silver Surfer, Terrax, Annihilus, Gladiator, Galactus, Super Skrull, Hela, Eternals,etc just to name a few. If People weren't worried about Thor and Hulk don't worry about Captain Marvel eitherspoilers:
    and just enjoy the big overtop ridiculous moments she will provide like that moment when she flew into earth orbit and Thanos ships went oh shit we have to target that
    end of spoilers that is one of best superhero moments on film to date, and as a comic fan it should bring you sheer joy.
    In all honesty I felt MCU underpowered Thor, hulk and Scarlett witch generally

Though witch has ramped it up a notch say with her tk ING the war wheels in infinity war

Power scale wise, carol and Thor, at their best showing look on par with wich a touch behind

I think that's fairly cool
    Last edited by kilderkin; 04-29-2019 at 04:05 AM.

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    So Wanda and Carol are pretty clearly the most powerful MCU heroes now. I mean they both overpowered Thanos, and he showed genuine fear at both of their powers. The only one who comes close right now is probably Dr. Strange.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think there's room to handle it either way at this point.

spoilers:

Her power levels in the movie are incredibly high. Basically, it's the powers she had as Binary. But, in each movie, there's at least a theoretical external power source. In her movie, she's powered by the Tesseract (both in the sense that it gives her her powers but also much more directly at the end). In Endgame, she's near the entire Gauntlet. If they tone her down, they could say the other times are due to her energy absorbing powers.
    end of spoilers
    Still there is no visual signs that she absorb those energy though. She just take hit and energy blasts like every other hero do.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 04-29-2019 at 08:19 PM.

I think she should have had them.

That way her base powerlevel isn't always at binary levels.

Makes it easier to integrate her to earth bound threats for team up movies or power her up for cosmic threats.

As is, for earth threats... gonna be very hard to integrate her. She is gonna have "superman" issues where people go "why doesn't she just XYZ"

Then again, technically, you don't have to bring her back to Earth. GoG3 will be likely be done before any new Avengers types movies and with spoilers:
    Stormbreaker Thor joining GoG, their power levels just increased massively. I believe Gunn always imagined a trilogy... so what if Thor, Carol, Rocket, Groot, Mantis, and whoever (Nova?) make more of a cosmic team instead after GoG3 ends?
    end of spoilers

Especially with Eternals coming, the rights to Silver Surfer, Annihilus, Galactus and such coming back. There is plenty of "cosmic" threats. She doesn't really have to come back to earth
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

a bunch of other characters don't have their power set right (Loki, Thanos, Odin etc).
    Last edited by GodThor; 04-29-2019 at 12:25 PM.