Page 9 of 134 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Yeah she does. We wouldnt have this movie without her!

Congrats, KSD! Well done.

As for that thing from Sam Jackson.......yeah, I'm not biting. Sounds like him screwing around with the fans to me.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heiro5 View Post
    And these posters were just dropped:

EDIT!!: How did I not post this??

That last one is my favorite thus far.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

im curious

did ksd get her run because of movie plans, or did the movie happen because of her run?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    im curious

did ksd get her run because of movie plans, or did the movie happen because of her run?
    As far as know the movie only more of a possibility because of her run. I remember there being rumors for a Ms. Marvel script floating around that time but it seemed unlikely that it would come to pass. Then KSD essentially rebooted the character when Carol got a new name and costume. Her run cemented depiction of Carol that would become standard in there MU and struck a chord with a new and active fan base aka The Carol Corps. This led to Carol getting bunch of big pushes that led to a movie.

BANNED

read KT's CM #1

Great, have carol be aggressive to tony, that'll make people enjoy her. Yeesh.
    I thought this run would involve her reflecting on her mistakes considering the preview, but I guess not.

Dialogue flows well atleast.

idk what happened to my carol who submitted herself for court martial after killing master of the world. Or who sat in the shower reflecting on how much of an asshole she'd been

BANNED

I guess they're just trying to forget all about it. Like it never happened

Just read Kelly Thompson's Captain Marvel #1. It was a great issue that contained everything I love about Carol. After Sthol's excellent run, Thompson is really raising the bar. Can't wait to see where she takes it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

idk what happened to my carol who submitted herself for court martial after killing master of the world.
    She's absolved of that. The Master's been picking on the Champions recently. Carol actually showed up in issue 21.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Did Rhodey get de-aged upon resurrection? Carmon draws him so young. Also how was he brought back?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Did Rhodey get de-aged upon resurrection? Carmon draws him so young. Also how was he brought back?
    He is drawn pretty young looking in Iron Man, too, but I haven't seen what he looks like in this comic yet to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Tony fixed him using the same tech or magic or Vicks VapoRub or whatever that Brian didn't really explain in #600.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Ok, some of my thoughts about the issue, Ctrl +Ved from Reddit lol:

This was amazing! I had total trust on KT, and I wasn't disappointed.

This works perfectly as a #1 issue. It quickly addresses a lot of Carol's significant relationships(and also establishes new ones), the previous status quo(with a little bit of meta commentary about people not relating enough to her being on space?), and the new one going forward. And when all of that is done with great dialogue and perfect characterizations for everyone... Yeah, I'm really pumped as hell for this run.

To top it all, the art is great. Love love Carmen Carnero and the colors make a cool aesthetic. Only a liiittle nitpick though: Her boots should be colored blue at the bottom. Kind of annoying that they're made all red, I think they look a bit weird like that, the artist even drew the lines that indicate where the blue parts should be...

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I really liked the first issue.

The new issue seems like a good first start. I've always enjoyed KT's writing and she hasn't disappointed. I like Carol being back on earth. I like her being with her friends. I liked the art. I liked the tone of it. It definitely did read a bit like a 're-intro' issue - and that's fine and maybe necessary. I'm looking forward to the next.

I never really disliked Stohl's run, but it also just never really excited me. I'm hoping for better things on this one and I'm confident we'll see them.

Great, have carol be aggressive to tony, that'll make people enjoy her. Yeesh.
    I've found that Carol and Tony have always been kind of antagonistic towards each other, even long before CW2. They're dear friends, but they don't always get along... and even when they're getting along well, they're still going to be sniping at each other. (And some people might actually appreciate that she pushes back against Tony. Someone has to! They're good foils for each other.)

where can you get copies of the full size posters?