Page 93 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Surely Veranke wouldn't make sense without Spider-Woman being introduced first, since she impersonated Jessica?
    Theoretically, she doesn't need to impersonate Spider-Woman. The fact that Veranke impersonated Spider-Woman was more important to Jessica than it was to Veranke herself.

Regardless, I wouldn't want his daughter to be Veranke. If you must introduce villainous Skrulls, have them be a different faction. But I'd rather they not head towards a Secret Invasion storyline.

Well to be fair, Kelly Sue has said she wants to see Jess alongside Carol.(it was brought up in the Spider-Woman thread) Unfortunately that's not her decision.

That said, I thought Talos daughter could be Veranke too.

She could be Jazinda and they could Introduce a different faction of Skrulls later.
    Last edited by Seren; 06-03-2019 at 04:04 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Ultimate Member

I'd prefer that none of Talos's group be "evil" Skrulls, I feel like that misses the point of them. Plus there are apparently quite a few surviving Skrull groups scattered throughout the universe, it'd be pretty easy to play it up like some of them have become more extreme/radical than Talos and his group are. And Veranke can be their leader.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Theoretically, she doesn't need to impersonate Spider-Woman. The fact that Veranke impersonated Spider-Woman was more important to Jessica than it was to Veranke herself.

Regardless, I wouldn't want his daughter to be Veranke. If you must introduce villainous Skrulls, have them be a different faction. But I'd rather they not head towards a Secret Invasion storyline.
    Yeah, it's not that hard to introduce Veranke as a descendant of Royal Family of old Skrull Empire or something like that, giving her a solid claim to Skrull leadership.
    Talos should remain as the more peaceful faction.

Yeah I gotta agree; keep Talos' people as they are and introduce different factions of Skrull who're the evil jihadists. I do think there could be narrative potential in Talos' daughter growing up to be a villain but honestly I feel like there's more fertile ground elsewhere. Wont be the worst thing if it happens but I feel like there's other subplots I'd rather see more.

As for Secret Invasion......I do hope they go there. And do it better than the comics did. It's a great concept and something we haven't really seen from the MCU yet. I think as a solo movie it could sort of work, in the same way that CM borrowed from the Kree/Skrull war.......but I think it'd actually be much better as a Phase-long mega-narrative. And I think between Endgame and CM the story has the perfect setup.

And with Carol, the Skrulls make for a great foe. They've got an advantage she can't just out-punch (which helps balance her crazy power levels) and the Super Skrulls could provide physical threats as well.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

The Skrull Queen only impersonated Jessica Drew because of her position as a connected character in the 616 universe (and meta because she was a Bendis darling character), in the MCU Veranke could position herself as someone else completely that fits that description. Maria Hill perhaps?
    The Earths Mightiest Heroes animated adaptation of Secret Invasion did better than fine without Spider-Woman at all. It’s worth watching so I won’t spoil who the Queen is.
    Luckily they had a CAROL!

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

This is the the best edit, a must watch.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Well to be fair, Kelly Sue has said she wants to see Jess alongside Carol.(it was brought up in the Spider-Woman thread) Unfortunately that's not her decision.

That said, I thought Talos daughter could be Veranke too.

She could be Jazinda and they could Introduce a different faction of Skrulls later.
    Yeah, but Feige likes to connect things with the comics in a simply way, so that's why i thought they would make Talos' daughter into Veranke.

BANNED

I really enjoyed this issue a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue a lot.
    I particularly enjoyed the bit about every single joke she makes falling flat. Carol's utterly lame sense of humor will never fail to amuse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I particularly enjoyed the bit about every single joke she makes falling flat. Carol's utterly lame sense of humor will never fail to amuse.
    definitely
    I've personally considered such a dad humor, every joke falls flat thing for her would be fitting and charming in its own way

the other would be dark humor delivered bluntly but I lean to the former to deflate her stubbornness
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 06-05-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Jen Bartel's Fearless Variant cover:

https://twitter.com/heyjenbartel/sta...03555995332608
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Carol's secret flaw and greatest shame got revealed in the latest Deadpool. She's secretly... spoilers:
    Australian.
    end of spoilers

I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

Carol & friends.

carol.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

my only problem is widow's "voice"

it sounds too normal like a twitter person quips