Page 96 of 134 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1998
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Question:

Did Carol ever wear the outfit below or was it just the Carol from another dimension? If 616 Carol wore this uniform, what story line was it?

Attachment 83613
    She briefly wore it in during Geoff Johns run on The Avengers. She was still using the Warbird name and hadn't gotten her own title back yet. It was designed by Oliver Copiel who did resigns for Antman and Scarlet Witch during that period that also quickly faded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    she wore it for like a year or so.

First started wearing it in Avengers Red Zone

Yup Yup

BANNED

if they took out all the metal plating, put a bolt, gave a sash and fix the boots/gloves, it would've been a good design for a pants version of the leotard

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    if they took out all the metal plating, put a bolt, gave a sash and fix the boots/gloves, it would've been a good design for a pants version of the leotard
    hahaha I really really thought you were disassembling all the details to eventually replace it with the leotard outfit entirely lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    hahaha I really really thought you were disassembling all the details to eventually replace it with the leotard outfit entirely lol
    Lmao I didn't even realize how much I was taking away

I've seen some decent fanart versions of it, and secret wars civil war version had a much more armored version of the suit wihtout the sash but with the bolt

Invincible Member

Invincible Member

BANNED

anyone read WOTR strikeforce?

hopeless writes a pretty good carol (and if you guys are into her, also read spider-woman by him) and deadpool too.

CAPTAIN MARVEL #10
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) • CARMEN CARNERO (A) • Cover by MARK BROOKS
    FALL TO PIECES!
    It’s official: New hero STAR is in and CAPTAIN MARVEL is out! As Carol struggles to deal with her changing role and unravel the mystery of what is happening to her powers, a risky new alliance she’s forged may turn out to be even more dangerous than she expected. Will Carol be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to save a world that has turned on her?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

MARVEL TEAM-UP #6
    CLINT MCELROY (W)
    IG GUARA (A)
    Cover by ANNA RUD
    Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel find themselves caught between a madman seeking revenge and the deadly Kree STARFORCE! Whose side will they choose? And will their friendship survive this close encounter of the Kree kind?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

who the heck is Star?

BANNED

>unravel the mystery of what is happening to her powers

we're doing this again boys, struggle with her powers again
    Ooo yeah it's a carol classic going right back to claremont, continuing in busiek, reed, KSD, that one written by the agent carter writers and Margarat stohl

I just want to say that after the previous issue, Carol has great tastes in TV.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    who the heck is Star?
    Someone who's getting introduced in the next couple of issues.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Saw these questions and thought they were good questions to ask on Carol's fan board:

1. Which Carol Danvers series did you like the most? Which story arcs were the best?

2. What did you like about them?

2. Do you like the character more as Ms. Marvel or as Captain Marvel?

4a. What did DeConnick’s run do better than Reed's run?

OR

4b. What did Reed’s run do better than DeConnick run?

5. What’s current series are great at and what do you think of character’s future?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Saw these questions and thought they were good questions to ask on Carol's fan board:

1. Which Carol Danvers series did you like the most? Which story arcs were the best?
    Brian Reed's my favorite, followed by rise of the alpha flight and claremont's work on her solo. These aren't A list books by any means, but I really enjoy them in general and not just among carol books

Anyway within those books, I liked the secret invasion crossover and the dark reign crossover and war of the marvels the best.

These are within her solo series, but I would also throw in claremont's brood saga, and Kurt busiek's avengers run. In the latter her dealing with and overcoming alcoholism is one of my favorite arcs.

2. What did you like about them?
    I'll just speak to the brian reed series. It in general showed carol's flaws, her attempts to overcome them, guilt and self flagellation, insecurities etc. On the note of insecurities, hers manifested in the form of an Impostor syndrome. See, in impostor syndrome you feel like you don't deserve any current status or position you have, you feel your successes are down to luck rather than you doing a good job, you discount praise, and you have this need to be the best. You self sabotage your own performance, because deep down you're afraid of success or don't feel like you truly deserve success either. All of these elements were present in the book and shown off.

At the start of the run, carol didn't feel like she had earned even the right to be on an avengers team and turned down cap's offer to join the new avengers. Her exposure to the house of M reality showed her a version of her that was the most popular hero and the best hero and she found herself in her current reality wanting of what she could be.

However she goes about doing this the wrong way. Her goal deep down is to do more good and make a difference, but she feels that she needs to aim to fit herself in the mold of the popular heroes to accomplish this (even though she considered popularity trivial compared to her real goal of simply being a better, more competent hero)

As the run went on, she gained more confidence to point she started to shed certain aspects of impostor syndrome. By the end she wanted to just be "best version she can be" rather than the "absolute best of the best". I considered that a nice bit of character development.

This is my main reason for liking this run, but there are other things. It shows off her anger, it shows how her kree side likes killing, but her human side feels guilty about doing that, it shows how these flaws get her into trouble and how she can get tunnel visioned but would still try to take responsibility, be a workaholic, fix the mistakes she makes, and have this lowkey hate for herself.

I also liked what it did with her villains. I liked bringing doomsday man back, the brood queen back, using an alt reality carol as a villain who makes sense as a version of her who just succumbed to her flaws. I feel like these ideas are interesting, and with further fleshing out could become a good rogue's gallery for carol.

as far as the rise of the alpha flight book and claremont's book goes I like them dealing the side effects of her powers (yes I know I've sniped about this), her kree side, and it's effect on her mental state. I like the world building too, I feel like the arc where the supreme intelligence captures her has an interesting note about her being a better result fo what it was trying to do with Mar-vell and Rick Jones.

Do you like the character more as Ms. Marvel or as Captain Marvel?
    The stories involving her that I've enjoyed have mostly been pre-Captain marvel, though there's some good after that too.

4a. What did DeConnick’s run do better than Reed's run?

Better dialogue, better character design, better supporting cast. Just a way more polished product in general.

Also brought back Yon Rogg and tied it to Carol's psyche magnitron. I feel like taking characters like Rogg, Doomsdayman etc who originate from the wishing well called Psych magnitron can be interesting to contrast with how carol dealt with it and how wishes can go so, so wrong. If we recall in claremont's original series, the magnitron giving carol powers, but split her mind. Her 7th sense was out of control and was traumatizing her. I think there's a story there.

OR

4b. What did Reed’s run do better than DeConnick run?
    i think i've said enough about reed

5. What’s current series are great at and what do you think of character’s future?
    It has good dialogue, a good voice for carol, good art, but I think the plotting is weak. I don't know what the character's future is, I would say it's uncertain.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 06-23-2019 at 05:33 PM.