Page 99 of 134 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Anyone know why this issue is selling so well? My comic shop told me they saved me a copy, but it's apparently in very high demand (and sold out, I would assume). I'm always skeptical of second printings because it means more that they underestimated demand rather than any indicator of total sales, but this is still a high jump.

Is it because of that character Star? What's people's take? My initial assumption is that she's orchestrating the hate campaign and that she'll end up being someone else, but I don't have any other information about her. I like her costume design.
    My shop was sold out as well - and he usually always orders a lot of extras. Apparently Star is going to be sticking around the Marvel Universe for awhile - KT says she's a character that has a lot to bring to the table.

Maybe Carol has a cousin or sister she didn't know about.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

star has carol's exact face

"The idea for Star was that she should be like a younger version of Captain Marvel."

Well, her design does kind of take a few elements from her iconic Ms. Marvel look. Domino mask, longer gloves, thigh high boots. I wonder if that was intentional.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm wondering if Star's color scheme is based on the Distinguished Competition's Captain Marvel.
    If the red and white color scheme wasn't enough of a clue, her cape is almost the exact same design as his. Especially his old one where it folded in a little.

I wonder if she's a Kree relatives? Like a cousin or something? Also, I was thinking the color scheme was similar to back when Carol was Binary, but reversed.

14191994.jpg
    IMG_4y48ys.jpg
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

NuHuman! Glory to Randac!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Can Star be Moondragon ?
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Captain Marvel #8 sold out at my comic shop too. They said if there's a second printing, they'll definitely order extra.

I enjoyed the issue, but I'm not entirely sold on Star. She came out of nowhere and it's hard to really get a feel for who she is at this point. She could be one of those character who is over-hyped and quickly forgotten. Or she could be the next Kamala Khan. I'm definitely curious to see how she pans out.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Captain Marvel #8 sold out at my comic shop too. They said if there's a second printing, they'll definitely order extra.

I enjoyed the issue, but I'm not entirely sold on Star. She came out of nowhere and it's hard to really get a feel for who she is at this point. She could be one of those character who is over-hyped and quickly forgotten. Or she could be the next Kamala Khan. I'm definitely curious to see how she pans out.
    Ha ha ha she's too new still.
    But I think most of us CBR posters KNOW that character introduction like this has TWO potential reactions from readers. Ha ha ha.

1) "We know nothing about her. We STAN Star lady. I would die for her to get a solo. Erect an appreciation thread IMMEDIATELY!!"
    2) "We know nothing about her. I'm not entirely sold on Star. She came out of nowhere and its hard to really get a feel for who she is at this point"

hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Can Star be Moondragon ?
    Definitely not. Completely different power set, and hasn't she been shown with dark hair in childhood flashbacks? And is her baldness her own choice or due to her powers?

For the record, Star's known powers are flight, super strength and super hearing. She's basically a Supergirl expy, from what I've seen so far.

Also, they gave her a logo, so I wouldn't put it past them to have plans for a solo, once her identity is revealed. Equally, that could be a red herring designed to make us think that she's not just there to serve the current plot. We'll have a better idea once this arc is over.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-18-2019 at 04:43 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Definitely not. Completely different power set, and hasn't she been shown with dark hair in childhood flashbacks? And is her baldness her own choice or due to her powers?

For the record, Star's known powers are flight, super strength and super hearing. She's basically a Supergirl expy, from what I've seen so far.

Also, they gave her a logo, so I wouldn't put it past them to have plans for a solo, once her identity is revealed. Equally, that could be a red herring designed to make us think that she's not just there to serve the current plot. We'll have a better idea once this arc is over.
    I find it odd that this STAR gal just conveniently shows when Carol's rep is crashing and burning. Is STAR a real hero or some sort of con job like Baron Zemo's Thunderbolts from the late 1990s?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I find it odd that this STAR gal just conveniently shows when Carol's rep is crashing and burning. Is STAR a real hero or some sort of con job like Baron Zemo's Thunderbolts from the late 1990s?
    Well that's clearly what we're supposed to think. I was utterly bored by this first appearance. She seemed to be a direct clone of Carol and the Star/Binary name just makes it all seem too obvious. Hope something more going on here.

Guys, re-read issue 1. Someone on Reddit figured it out.

It looks like Ripley Ryan is Star's secret identity. Using the glasses disguise... yet another Supergirl similarity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I am enjoying Thompson's run but was a little bummed that when Carol's friends showed up, the Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff was not among them. It just seems like no writers or editors at Marvel want to acknowledge they were friends and I can never figure out exactly why.

It looks like Ripley Ryan is Star's secret identity. Using the glasses disguise... yet another Supergirl similarity.
    Wonder if they're going to connect this to Carol's time as editor of Woman Magazine.

Man, I do see the Melissa Benoist comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I am enjoying Thompson's run but was a little bummed that when Carol's friends showed up, the Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff was not among them. It just seems like no writers or editors at Marvel want to acknowledge they were friends and I can never figure out exactly why.
    Maybe writers just seem resistant to using Wanda for some reason. She hardly ever gets to have fun, group, interaction with people any more. Or hang out with girlfriends.