Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Last edited by Winterboy; 05-29-2019 at 11:32 AM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Come to think of it, Jess's current costume would be just about perfect for an MCU portrayal . . . should that ever happen.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Thanks for the Fan Art Winterboy.

And I agree - it really would. It's right in line with the Nat's uniform and the ones you see on Agents of SHIELD.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I'm not s fan of Jess being with Roger. However, I still stand by my theory that Jess Drew and Matt Murdock would be amazing together.
    Love DD....but Matt is a dumpster fire....that's part of what makes him interesting. And editorial wise you are at the mercy of whatever a writer wants. And can you imagine Matt trying to deal with Spider-Boyo??

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Love DD....but Matt is a dumpster fire....that's part of what makes him interesting. And editorial wise you are at the mercy of whatever a writer wants. And can you imagine Matt trying to deal with Spider-Boyo??
    Maybe he calls Spider-Man for help babysitting Gerry. It would make a hilarious comedy of errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Matt's a dumpster fire but he'll call Jess on her bullshit and vice versa. Also, Jess has been to those mental dark places Matt can get too. I think they have more in common than you think.

I feel like Roger ....just kinda does whatever Jessica wants him to do? I dunno.

I just really think Jess and Matt could be a hell of a fun team up (and ship).

Yes. DD and Spidey vs. Spider-Baby. Let's go!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Captain Marvel Writer Thinks Carol and Spider-Woman Will Be Great In The MCU

In Captain Marvel fans saw Carol rediscover her friendship with Maria Rambeau, her best friend on Earth before she became a superpowered hero. In the comics, Carol and Monica (whom Maria is based on) do have a friendship, but they aren't best friends. That role is reserved for Jessica Drew, otherwise known as Spider-Woman, and the duo is simply magic when they're together. ComicBook.com had a chance to speak to Captain Marvel producer Mary Livanos and Captain Marvel writer Kelly Sue DeConnick recently, and it didn't take long for Spider-Woman to come up and what the future could hold for her on the big screen.

Spider-Woman played a big part in Carol's life during DeConnick's run, and we had to ask if that dynamic would be just as amazing onscreen as it is in the comics. DeConnick definitely thinks so, but knows there is one particular obstacle standing in the way of it happening"
    "Well, my understanding is that there is some…what is a non-curse word for f******? My understanding is that there is some corporate f****** that means that Jessica Drew falls within the purview of the spider universe and thus…boo hiss! Boo hiss boo!"
    carol and jess.jpg

She is, of course, referring to the fact that Spider-Woman, despite being a major part of SHIELD, Avengers, and more throughout the years, is at her core a Spider-Man universe character, and thus is under Sony's roster of characters at the moment. That said, she is hopeful of what the future holds and thinks someday we'll get to see the two together onscreen.

"I think eventually when everything comes home back where it’s supposed to be they’ll be amazing together because I do enjoy those characters very much," DeConnick said.

"We’re almost there," Livanos said. "They are super fun to read."

"It was a lot of fun to write, and I just enjoy Jessica Drew a lot," DeConnick said. "We were talking about this a little bit in the car that Jess, Anya, and Natasha together, three Spider-Women, were so fun. I had such a blast with that."

three.jpg

For our part, we definitely hope something can be worked out to bring Jessica Drew to the MCU, especially if it could happen in time for Captain Marvel 2. Fingers crossed.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05...-woman-in-mcu/

page.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

"We’re almost there," Livanos said. "They are super fun to read."

So.....There's talks to get Jess into the MCU?

Kelly mentions Jess at about 1:30 in this interview

Last edited by Seren; 05-30-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Jessica's got a new team! It's called Strikeforce, out in September, and she's back in something that looks a lot like her old costume!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Man I am so glad to see her back in her classic costume and really hope that it’s true and not an artist cover mistake.

I liked the redesign, so I'm sad to see it go. Cool that Jess is in a new book though.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Man I am so glad to see her back in her classic costume and really hope that it’s true and not an artist cover mistake.
    The writer says she loves Jessica’s classic costume. It seems it’s back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It's a miracle.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Not to beat a dead horse, but I liked the compromise costume fanart. I like the cowl in the old costume, although I appreciated the rest of the new costume.

Hopefully the artists are reasonable here and not just a bunch of cheesecake. When done right, the costume is really cool, but it's been done oh so wrong before.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I liked the compromise costume fanart. I like the cowl in the old costume, although I appreciated the rest of the new costume.

Hopefully the artists are reasonable here and not just a bunch of cheesecake. When done right, the costume is really cool, but it's been done oh so wrong before.
    Yeah, we don't need a repeat of what got the costume changed in the first place, though some heads will probably still be spinning either way.