Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Favorite super hero costume ever.

jess.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

So, apparently there was a Spider-Woman Annual 1984 in the UK... I assume this was released to coincide with the cartoon? I guess we got it rather late.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The cartoon was in 1979...but as far as I recall it was never released in the us? Or is this another facsimile edition?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Annuals like this are common in the UK, and yes, it won't have had a US release. It was probably reprints from Jessica's first volume.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I thought there was an original story in there somewhere.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

If you were riding the trains in the UK today, you might have found Dennis Hopeless Spider-Woman #1 (vol 6 - the baby arc) on the train.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #15 - PREVIEW
    (W) Ta-Nehisi Coates (A) Jason Masters (CA) Alex Ross
    Rated T+
    In Shops: Oct 16, 2019
    SRP: $3.99

“THE LEGEND OF STEVE” CONTINUES!

Steve Rogers’ mission to clear his reputation and to re-establish the good name of Captain America continues, as he and Jessica Drew, Spider-Woman, tackle a familiar old foe who is contaminating the water supply of a large rust-belt city!

https://graphicpolicy.com/2019/10/10...in-america-15/
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

The last issue of Cap was supposed to have mockingbird in it and the solicitation at the end of that issue was completely different and didn't mention Jess at all. I'm worried that despite Jess being on the cover, she won't be in this issue.

Plans could've changed if Coates has been pulled off the book, causing him to need to wrap things up faster than intended. The same thing happened at the end of Waid's Champions run - the cover for #17 implied some focus on Red Locust, but instead most of the focus was on Viv and her new twin (Vision's attempt to rebuild her after the events of the Avengers/Champions crossover Worlds Collide, which was the last Avengers arc before No Surrender and second to last Champions arc before Zub took over), which the solicit didn't mention at all (probably because it was originally meant to be AFTER the Champion For A Day arc instead of part of it).

The 1979 Spider-Woman cartoon is coming to Disney + and the fact that that particular Disney + post has 2600 likes is awesome.

Astonishing Member

I recall when that originally aired, but wasn't particularly impressed. I probably would have watched it anyway, except that it was probably on against something I liked better. I think Jess was much more like Peter Parker -- working for a daily newspaper. Beyond that, I don't know anything.

Considering the year it aired it was pretty progressive. Also it's just off the wall campy in the best kind of way. I'm so excited.

Jess in Captain Marvel #11
    carol and jess.jpg

Jess in Captain America # 15
    cap and jess.jpg

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Ah, that Cap art. Will she face off against Selene? Please god.

Disney+ is tempting.I don't have time to watch all the streaming services I have, but I've never seen her show. Some super fan I am!!