Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Default "To Know Her is to Fear Her" - Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) Appreciation 2019

There's not a new one yet (That I can see) so here we are. Post any discussion, artwork, head-canons, whatever about Jessica Drew here! The Original Spider-Woman deserves all the love.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

If you're not following the Captain Marvel thread, Jessica has a big part in the first arc of Kelly Thompson's "Captain Marvel". Jessica and Carol's friendship goes way back and when these 2 share a page, magic happens. So here's some panels from Captain Marvel 1. Artwork by Carmen Carnero and Tamara Bonvillain. (and yeah, these are also in the Captain Marvel thread but hey.)

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    If you're not following the Captain Marvel thread, Jessica has a big part in the first arc of Kelly Thompson's "Captain Marvel". Jessica and Carol's friendship goes way back and when these 2 share a page, magic happens. So here's some panels from Captain Marvel 1. Artwork by Carmen Carnero and Tamara Bonvillain. (and yeah, these are also in the Captain Marvel thread but hey.)

Omg yesssss. I’ll be so happy if we could get a Jessica series after this. I’d love to see Thompson and Pere Perez, or Oscar Bazaldua on art for a Jess book.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’d also kill to see Marvel snatch up Joelle Jones, and have her write/co-write/draw a Jessica book too.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

OH man. Joelle Jones KILLED it on the 2 issues she drew of the Spider-Women crossover. I'd love to have her draw Jess. I'd love for Kelly to write Jess too, but if not, my next choices would be Leah Thompson or Jody Houser. I think both of them would write a really great Jess.

Preview for Captain Marvel 1 is up and it’s got all the Jess and Carol you could want.

That's odd - I would've thought it would have the Stan Lee tribute trade dress, like next week's Avengers does.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Preview for Captain Marvel 1 is up and it’s got all the Jess and Carol you could want.
    those last three panels remind me of bendis

I love it
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I love it so much. And it seems like Kelly is having a blast writing them so it's even better.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I first saw Spider-Woman in an old cartoon. We were randomly clicking channels and found her fighting a monster. That's the only scene I saw though, and I didn't know anything about her besides that she's called Spider-Woman, but she got a neat costume.

SPIDER-WOMAN.jpg

I think the whole animated series is on YouTube. And I'm also Fairly certain Jess was the first female super hero to have her own tv show n(considering she was created for pretty much that purpose).

Yeah, she was created because another cartoon was in development. The other company had to call their character Web Woman instead, I think.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So - that thing Carol and Jess are fighting in that preview. Think it's the thing that Jess took on way back in her own series that got away and is all grown up now?SpiderWoman8Roger.jpg

Jess and Carol.

jess and carol.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."