Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Two more... Anya and Cindy, right? At least those two, and Gwen now, aren't called Spider-Woman - so I'm not sure if Charlotte would have a problem with them.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Charlotte wasn’t crazy until Otto destroyed her mind. If he’s heroic, he needs to fix her.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Charlotte wasn’t crazy until Otto destroyed her mind. If he’s heroic, he needs to fix her.
    A valid point.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Two more... Anya and Cindy, right? At least those two, and Gwen now, aren't called Spider-Woman - so I'm not sure if Charlotte would have a problem with them.
    I don't think she only goes after people with the codename "Spider-Woman", it looks like she goes after any woman with spider-powers, remember that she did go after Jessica in the 90's, and Jessica wasn't using the costume or the codename back then.

Then again, back then she was stealing the powers of Spider-Women, and it looks like she can't do it anymore, or at least doesn't try it and just wants to kill Jessica for some reason, because honestly, all Charlotte did was steal her powers, there's no reason to have a beef with her, if anything Jessica should be the one who wants to beat her ass...

Huh, and I guess that's another possible plot hole in this issue, since Charlotte did know Jessica's secret identity back then, possible because maybe Madam Web erased that information, she did erase Charlotte's and Mattie's knowledge that Peter is Spidey after all...

Well, if I'm not wrong she eventualy broke free of his mind control and decided to remain a villain anyways just because, so fixing her would be a lot more difficult, specialy since she'd want to kill him if they met, but hey, a Spider-Person's life is never easy lol.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    A valid point.
    Very valid.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'm still 95% certain Jessica's identity was outed to the public with Secret Invasion. It's not like she's been trying to hide it.

Anyway, I agree about Charlotte. And I gotta admit, I kind of want to see Jess face off against Otto again in San Francisco. That'd be cool.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I'm still 95% certain Jessica's identity was outed to the public with Secret Invasion. It's not like she's been trying to hide it.

Anyway, I agree about Charlotte. And I gotta admit, I kind of want to see Jess face off against Otto again in San Francisco. That'd be cool.
    Same here. That would be very cool, indeed, especially now that the cat's out of the bag and it's public knowledge that Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus is the Spider-Man of San Francisco.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Exactly.

Though the Sony/Disney split just really hit me. We had a narrow chance of seeing Jess with the Avengers - and now that chance is smoke in the wind. I am sad.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

So I decided to take a quick look at Hopeless run on Spider-Woman, and after Spider-Verse, he quickly shows she doesn't have a public identity:

https://i.imgur.com/ALgmDn8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CGf3Tk5.jpg

And as mentioned before, she really likes to walk around without the glasses:

https://i.imgur.com/gBsYNih.jpg

So yeah, cops calling her by name and her not using the glasses a lot, safe to say her identity is public, so that MCP issue really doesn't make sense.

I'm wondering when the hell it became public though, back in the 90's Charlotte was able to easily find her and absorb her powers, maybe it was back then or before that? Then again, I think Charlotte is just good at tracking other spiders...

After Secret Invasion? The Skrull Queen doesn't wear your face with out the whole damn world learning who that face belongs to. (Also thanks for the panels).

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Exactly.

Though the Sony/Disney split just really hit me. We had a narrow chance of seeing Jess with the Avengers - and now that chance is smoke in the wind. I am sad.
    Ouch, I hadn't even realized this yet. We might get Jessica Drew, but what's the point with no powers?

I think the female spinoff of Into the Spider-Verse is supposed to have her at least.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Yes Sony has plans to use her in their Spider-Women spin off with Silk and Gwen - not sure how much of it's going to be based on the comics crossover though.

And exactly - though I've said it before - they can always play it up that she HAD powers but lost them if Disney decides to use her. that said, if Sony is using her in their animated movie, Disney might not get to use her at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Why does she need other characters rogues...give her her own. Find some unattached baddies and make them hers...and make them interesting.
    Because most of Spider-Man's rogues do not get used at all. For example, The Kingpin was a Spider-Man villain whose now a Daredevil rogue. Thus The Hobgoblin, Carnage, and Tombstone would make for a diverse addition to Jessica's line up. It's all about giving rogues that are not being used to someone else who could make them better than they were in the pages of Spider-Man.

Rather than Marvel trying so hard to make Silk, Ghost-Spider, and Spider-Girl as Jessica's allies, she only needs one Spider-ally who inspired her to be a crime fighter long before Carol was her BFF. I would like to see Marvel do more Spider-Man and Jessica Drew team-up adventures or even a Spider-Woman and Black Cat team-up series. We already have Spider-Man and Deadpool, whose partnership are as left field as they come. Yet the folks at Marvel are not willing to do a story with Spider-Man and Spider-Woman outside of The Avengers?

Even DC Comics does a Batman and Batwoman series once in a while, despite the latter initially having nothing to do with Bruce Wayne's origins.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-24-2019 at 01:26 PM.

That moment when Mark Brooks and Tom Taylor agree with you that Jessica Drew and Green Lantern Jessica Cruz would be a fun team up.

If only.

Also, Jessica Drew would totally be a Green, Yellow or Indigo Lantern.
    Last edited by Seren; 08-24-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Reminder that the Facsimile edition of Spider-Woman #1 is out on 9/4 if you're looking to pick it up from your LCS.