Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    She looks great on that MCP cover. I'll miss that look when it's gone.
    I don't think they should have returned her to the classic look completely. A combination of the two would be more ideal.
    It was a good change. Reminded me of Firestar’s 90’s costume.

I see no reason she can’t use ALL of her costumes. I’ve been wanting her to go back to the cowl or the super gliders for an adventure or two.

I admit, I was disappointed at first, but now I'm totally on board with it.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think I had mentioned that I was reading really old Spider-Woman comics. I had read the first 25 issues or so and then took a break, but I'm picking it up again. Those initial issues were weird but fun once they got through the initial growing pains and figured out the character. But I have to say, the book took a nosedive when Mike Fleisher was writing it. I'm not entirely sure why. It just felt like the fun was sucked out. The concept - Jessica Drew as a bounty hunter - was seemingly fine, but it just wasn't very fun.

I've now reached the point where Chris Claremont has taken over. The status quo was changed, but it wasn't done so abruptly that it felt unnatural. Instead, it built over a period of time with J.M. DeMatteis doing a lot of the work to create the change. I'm still too early to give my thoughts on the Claremont run. Where I am, she hasn't even reached San Francisco. I do find it interesting that, a few months ago, I went on vacation in California and drove up California 1 from LA to SF and Jessica Drew is doing the same. I couldn't glide in the winds around Big Sur and I didn't run into any aliens, but, otherwise, our trips were pretty similar
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think I had mentioned that I was reading really old Spider-Woman comics. I had read the first 25 issues or so and then took a break, but I'm picking it up again. Those initial issues were weird but fun once they got through the initial growing pains and figured out the character. But I have to say, the book took a nosedive when Mike Fleisher was writing it. I'm not entirely sure why. It just felt like the fun was sucked out. The concept - Jessica Drew as a bounty hunter - was seemingly fine, but it just wasn't very fun.

I've now reached the point where Chris Claremont has taken over. The status quo was changed, but it wasn't done so abruptly that it felt unnatural. Instead, it built over a period of time with J.M. DeMatteis doing a lot of the work to create the change. I'm still too early to give my thoughts on the Claremont run. Where I am, she hasn't even reached San Francisco. I do find it interesting that, a few months ago, I went on vacation in California and drove up California 1 from LA to SF and Jessica Drew is doing the same. I couldn't glide in the winds around Big Sur and I didn't run into any aliens, but, otherwise, our trips were pretty similar
    Was she in Big Sur for an ish? I love it there!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think it was just referenced. She was in a fictional town along the Coastal Highway and they described the rest. You get the impression Claremont had at least been there.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

So what did you all think of MCP #8 today?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Didn't make sense. She adopted the modern costume before she got pregnant, so it's been at least a year since then. Surely people should know she's got that new look by now? Why was everyone thinking the real Jess was the fake because she had the "wrong" costume?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I liked that Charlotte Witter (not Winter, Ethan Sacks) came back, but beyond that, this was a pretty sad story. Not only does an innocent girl die because of an ill-advised Internet prank, but nobody's learned anything from it and the same B.S. that got her killed continues unabated. Really bleak, but perhaps accurate picture of contemporary humanity and society there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I liked that Charlotte Witter (not Winter, Ethan Sacks) came back, but beyond that, this was a pretty sad story. Not only does an innocent girl die because of an ill-advised Internet prank, but nobody's learned anything from it and the same B.S. that got her killed continues unabated. Really bleak, but perhaps accurate picture of contemporary humanity and society there.
    Agree it is a sad story...but look at all the 'challenges' people get up to these days.

Timeline is also in the past...Jess is reading that Fisk is running for Mayor. And I thought that Jess and Roger were shacking up....but that was not til later int he timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Didn't make sense. She adopted the modern costume before she got pregnant, so it's been at least a year since then. Surely people should know she's got that new look by now? Why was everyone thinking the real Jess was the fake because she had the "wrong" costume?
    That was my problem nwith it too. Also, I'm 99.9% sure that Jessica's identity is known to the public since she walks around without her glasses on all the time.

That and when Veranke was posing as Jess, I'm pretty sure she outed Jessica's identity by joining Tony's Avengers.

I liked seeing Charlotte Witter again too and it was a sad story that was incredibly on the nose. I just have nit picks with it

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Agree it is a sad story...but look at all the 'challenges' people get up to these days.

Timeline is also in the past...Jess is reading that Fisk is running for Mayor. And I thought that Jess and Roger were shacking up....but that was not til later int he timeline.
    Yeah, it takes place in the middle of Hopeless's run. Roger's her friend, but they're not yet officially a couple.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Glad to see Charlotte awake.

Her situation should be addressed in Superior Spider-Man.

Yeah I liked that call back. I feel like this one little one shot could have been a whole arc.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Glad to see Charlotte awake.

Her situation should be addressed in Superior Spider-Man.
    I would love for a reunion between Charlotte and Otto, especially since it's been publicly revealed as of the latest issue of Superior that the Spider-Man in San Francisco is (or technically, was) Doctor Octopus. Another chicken come home to roost, as it were.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sounds like another case of Marvel Editors being Marvel Editors.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It's odd that Charlotte's coma is not even mentioned, Jessica automaticaly reacts like "Oh **** this villain is after that girl!" instead of "Oh **** this villain is back, and is after that girl!", and no other dialogue even hints at it, unless she was supposed to have returned before (Maybe during the 8 months time skip?), but yeah, that just a guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    That was my problem nwith it too. Also, I'm 99.9% sure that Jessica's identity is known to the public since she walks around without her glasses on all the time.
    I think in Hopeless' run her neighboors at least knew her secret identity, and considering we have Fisk running for mayor, it's after SE, so yeah, if she only had her identity go public in Hopeless' run, by the point the story happens, it should be public already.

That and when Veranke was posing as Jess, I'm pretty sure she outed Jessica's identity by joining Tony's Avengers.
    I don't think so, you at best only had to reveal the secret identity to other people in the team, not the public.

Anyways, it's funny Charlotte says this:

Back when she was introduced, she was already the fourth Spider-Woman, and then two more showed up after her, three if we count Gwen (Normaly she shouldn't, but she's super heroing in 616 too), Charlotte is gonna have a lot of trouble to find every single one