Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    You and me might be in the minority on that one. I like Roger...but would like to see him evolve into something more. Get some low lever super strength that would put him on the same level as Jess in power.
    Sure. But his suit enhances his strength, right?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Personally I’m glad that Sorrentino is just doing the covers. Never really been a fan of his work. It always looks too rough and scratchy for my taste.
    He also has a habit of making interesting looking but completely incomprehensible layouts.

You and me might be in the minority on that one. I like Roger...but would like to see him evolve into something more. Get some low lever super strength that would put him on the same level as Jess in power.
    Why do they have to be equal power-wise?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I think he just needs a new costume and equipment. Similar to Sabra’s cape and gauntlets.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    they better show Roger; even if it's just him and Gerry waving bye.
    I’m with you on this Michael. Hopeless did such a great job with his characterization that it would a shame to waste all that work. I hope he has more than just a cameo.

As for super strength from other posters Roger has it. The original suit the bulky one, had hydraulics built in to augment Genty’s Strength. He comments upon this strength when he has Cap in a bear hug from Captain America Vol 1 #139. The modern suit also has it. Gentry picked up Nomad with one hand and threw him at Captain America in issue #285.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I think he just needs a new costume and equipment. Similar to Sabra’s cape and gauntlets.
    Huh? That cape would look ridiculous on Roger. sabra doesn't even wear it anymore.

I said similar to her equipment. I didn’t say anything about him wearing her costume.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Sure. But his suit enhances his strength, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Why do they have to be equal power-wise?
    I would like him to get away from the suit. Let Hobgoblin rent it out to someone else and let Porcupine be a villain ID. Without the suit he would need a new gimmick.

I would like him to get away from the suit. Let Hobgoblin rent it out to someone else and let Porcupine be a villain ID. Without the suit he would need a new gimmick.
    The Porcupine suit is just fine for him. He kicked Sandman's butt with it. The whole point Hopeless made was that Jess took a loser, with a loser villain reputation and turned Roger and the Porcupine into a superhero. By the time Jess got done with Roger he was on his way to becoming a confident, competent superhero after all her training which he proved at the end of her last run. Plus he proved he wasn't really a villain because she trusted him to look after Gerry. If he and Gerry stay in the background that will be disappointing. Roger as the Porcupine is just fine. Any other gimmicks would ruin him and all the work Hopeless did.

But what better way to stick it to Kingsley and basically say that he’s no longer beneath him and has the guts to show it than to use the identity for heroic purposes?

DreadedPorcupine does have a point. Don't get me wrong. I LIKE Roger. I don't like Roger romantically involved with Jess. I think they work better as friends. That said, between Roger, Anya, Gwen and Cindy, Jessica has proved that she's one hell of a mentor and trainer. Surprised she hasn't gotten a job offer from the Xavier school to train students - because despite what she says, she's good not only at what she does, but teaching too.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    DreadedPorcupine does have a point. Don't get me wrong. I LIKE Roger. I don't like Roger romantically involved with Jess. I think they work better as friends. That said, between Roger, Anya, Gwen and Cindy, Jessica has proved that she's one hell of a mentor and trainer. Surprised she hasn't gotten a job offer from the Xavier school to train students - because despite what she says, she's good not only at what she does, but teaching too.
    She’s a great teacher. Roger really was a loser and she molded him into a decent superhero. He still needs work but she brought him a long way from the ass kicking she gave him when they first met. Plus she got him to be a real father to his daughter for a change instead of just a petty crook working for Hobgoblin.

That she did.

On a completely different note here's a list of Jessica's upcoming (and recent) appearances:

1. Jessica’s First Appearance was Reprinted this (6/12/2019) week in Marvel Tales: Spider-Man #1.

2. Next week (6/19/2019) Jess is in Issue 11 of Captain America

3. Captain Marvel issues #8 and #9 (pretty big part in #8 apparently)

4. In AUGUST Jess has an original short story coming out in Marvel Presents #8

5. ALSO IN AUGUST IDW is publishing Marvel Action: Captain Marvel where Carol and Jessica Drew have to battle Flerkens who are ousting NYC’s Bodega Cats

6. In SEPTEMBER: Strikeforce by Tini Howard and German Peralta.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    The Porcupine suit is just fine for him. He kicked Sandman's butt with it. The whole point Hopeless made was that Jess took a loser, with a loser villain reputation and turned Roger and the Porcupine into a superhero. By the time Jess got done with Roger he was on his way to becoming a confident, competent superhero after all her training which he proved at the end of her last run. Plus he proved he wasn't really a villain because she trusted him to look after Gerry. If he and Gerry stay in the background that will be disappointing. Roger as the Porcupine is just fine. Any other gimmicks would ruin him and all the work Hopeless did.
    I always looked at Roger's evolution as Roger as the man....not Roger as the suit.

...And Marvel is releasing a Facsimile Edition of Spider-Woman #1

Strikeforce variant cover by Deodato.

deodato variant.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."