Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Cover to Marvel Presents #8 out 8/21

That mask makes this costume.

If Jess wears both costumes, the new one def needs this mask!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I will say that the glasses look for the new costume is probably my least favorite aspect.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Why can't Marvel have Jessica Drew in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man in a story arc with Peter Parker? She's going to appear in all other titles but Spider-Man? It makes no sense. If Marvel really wants to build on her fan base, have her in the pages of Spider-Man or The Black Cat.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'll never understand why her last series decided to make her a mother. Nothing against heroines who are also parents, but why add the baggage? I liked Jess's Dark Angel period in her original series, but I also liked the Claremont period that was more straight-forward super hero stories. I barely recall the Bendis series, but was not very impressed with it. Her most recent series was just to far a departure from classic Spider-Woman.

I'm sure there will be a lot of discussion regarding the return to her classic outfit. I never saw the need to get rid of it. I thought the street-level outfit was fine if she was just doing investigative work -- not fighting villains. But the glasses and mini-glider wings sucked big time.
    The idea of making Jess a mom was a dumb move on Hopeless part. I felt that the writer allowed a huge opportunity to slip him by, which was making The Black Cat Jessica's antagonist in the first story arc of the second series. I longed to see Jessica encounter The Black Cat(Queenpin). The idea of making her a mom was just as bad as with Tigra's child. Hopeless certainly did everything he could to prevent Spider-Man and Spider-Woman from teaming up...

How is it dumb? Hopeless actually included a way for the baby to NOT stop her being a hero - if Gerry's not with her, we can assume that Roger "Porcupine" Gocking is babysitting.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That and the Black Cat was appearing over in Silk and made into one of Cindy's antagonists.

I love seeing Jess as a mom and Tini Howard recently said on Twitter she loves writing moms so expect Gerry to show up in Strikeforce once in awhile.

The kid isn't going anywhere.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    That mask makes this costume.

If Jess wears both costumes, the new one def needs this mask!
    The opaque eyes are a must. The transparent goggles looked like cosplay.

Astonishing Member

He is. I'm not a fan of the body paint look, but I absolutely love everything else about this.
    I agree. It's one thing to draw a bodysuit in typical comic book style -- where most of the body details are left to the imagination. If someone actually wore an outfit that fit this tightly -- they'd have trouble walking across the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Captain Marvel Writer Thinks Carol and Spider-Woman Will Be Great In The MCU

"We’re almost there," Livanos said. "They are super fun to read."

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05...-woman-in-mcu/
    Bringing this back because someone pointed out to me on Twitter that with Jessica making all these appearances in the comics lately that there could be some MCU
    (or Sony's MCU) rumblingss in the works.
    Last edited by Seren; 08-05-2019 at 06:27 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How is it dumb? Hopeless actually included a way for the baby to NOT stop her being a hero - if Gerry's not with her, we can assume that Roger "Porcupine" Gocking is babysitting.
    Let Peter Parker babysit Gerry for once. Peter should be a part of Gerry's life. Gerry is likely to follow in Peter's footsteps as the future Spider-Man(excluding miles)...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Personally, no rhyme or reasoning for adding a baby to the mix.

You want her with Spidey, and nothing will be good enough for you until she is.

me I'm gonna sit here and be happy she's showing up as much as she is lately. I am so stoked for Strikeforce and her team up with Capin October.

Astonishing Member

You want her with Spidey, and nothing will be good enough for you until she is.

me I'm gonna sit here and be happy she's showing up as much as she is lately. I am so stoked for Strikeforce and her team up with Capin October.
    Spider-Man brings in the audience of readers who would not have looked at Spider-Woman, otherwise. She part of the Spider-Office. Yet, no one has placed Jessica working alongside Black Cat and Spider-Man respectively. The same goes to Captain Marvel working with Spidey as well. If Marvel really wanted to see Spider-Woman do well, I can't why they would not want Peter Parker to play a supporting role in a guest spot in the same manner as Carol Danvers. Jessica is close friends with both Peter Parker and Carol Danvers. There should be more team up adventures between Spider-Man and Captain Marvel in Jessica's world every now and then. Yet, Marvel keeps overplaying the BFF with Carol and Jessica as much as they do with Spider-Man and Black Cat. I'd say that things should get mixed up to create new stories between Black Cat and Spider-Woman.....

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Spider-Man brings in the audience of readers who would not have looked at Spider-Woman, otherwise. She part of the Spider-Office. Yet, no one has placed Jessica working alongside Black Cat and Spider-Man respectively. The same goes to Captain Marvel working with Spidey as well. If Marvel really wanted to see Spider-Woman do well, I can't why they would not want Peter Parker to play a supporting role in a guest spot in the same manner as Carol Danvers. Jessica is close friends with both Peter Parker and Carol Danvers. There should be more team up adventures between Spider-Man and Captain Marvel in Jessica's world every now and then. Yet, Marvel keeps overplaying the BFF with Carol and Jessica as much as they do with Spider-Man and Black Cat. I'd say that things should get mixed up to create new stories between Black Cat and Spider-Woman.....
    You have been going on about this for YEARS and obviously aside from the like two other people on here who agree with you, NO ONE else thinks it is a good idea including Marvel. It's one thing to wish/hope for something you want to see, but when ALL you talk about is this...people get tired of it dude. We get it, you love Spider-man and think it all begins and ends with him, find other reasons to appreciate characters outside of your massive desire to see everything connected to Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    You have been going on about this for YEARS and obviously aside from the like two other people on here who agree with you, NO ONE else thinks it is a good idea including Marvel. It's one thing to wish/hope for something you want to see, but when ALL you talk about is this...people get tired of it dude. We get it, you love Spider-man and think it all begins and ends with him, find other reasons to appreciate characters outside of your massive desire to see everything connected to Spider-Man.
    Imagine if Dan Slott or any other writer who did not work for Marvel. Would anyone else care about their ideas on the direction of the characters? Probably not. Nothing is ever a good idea until it gets published. But I will admit that discussing my opinions on the forums is not a good idea. But I've only talked about the characters and not the story idea in mind.

Yes. I do like Spider-Woman and Spider-Man working together. I want her series to succeed. But no one at Marvel is thinking outside the box. That's what sells. Marvel has writers that have too much on their plate that they do not have time for anything else other than to complete their deadlines. The Editors are the ones who provide ideas to the writers.The writer works for the Editor. Not the reader. I get it. There are ways to make Spider-Woman comics increase its sales volume as Spider-Man. Never underestimate an idea that sounds bad as those are the ones that sells the most. I will admit that I do get carried away with my opinions. If I really want these ideas to happen, I have to work at Marvel Comics. Not talk about them on a public forum.

But I would like to see a few members throw some ideas to what sorts of stories that would involve Peter Parker and Jessica Drew that you would like to see. Personally, I want to see Spider-Man and Jessica confront The Taskmaster or Legion Xavier. What ideas would you like to share about Spider-Man and Spider-Woman? If there is enough positive feedback, I'll stop my comments on Spider-Man on Jessica's forum. Share your story ideas.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-09-2019 at 02:17 AM.