Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

During Bendis Avengers I remember Wolverine stabbing her..I think it was sometime right before it was reveal Jess was actually Veranke? I don't remember the exact details.

But During the Hopeless run it was shown a couple times that Jess can heal pretty quickly... Not as quickly as others but faster than a normal human. Given her power set, it be weird if she didn't have one I think.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

i think veranke ended up stabbing him?

yeah i remember she wsa up on her feet fighting right after giving birth
    that was hardcore
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 09-06-2019 at 05:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    hey guys, the jess' marvel wiki says she has a healing factor, because wolverine stabbed her in the shoulder and she walked it off
    does anyone know when this happened?
    She used to be immune to radiation poisoning -- but lost that ability in Marvel Two-In-One. I don't recall any healing factor ever mentioned, but it does seem to recall that old immunity she had.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    She used to be immune to radiation poisoning -- but lost that ability in Marvel Two-In-One. I don't recall any healing factor ever mentioned, but it does seem to recall that old immunity she had.
    Jessica might still have that ability when she fully regained her powers back...

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Do you remember when she lost that power? Does that include all her immunity to poisons once exposed once or just radiation poisoning?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Do you remember when she lost that power? Does that include all her immunity to poisons once exposed once or just radiation poisoning?
    It was in a Marvel Two-In-One story -- not her early appearances, but after she had her own series. By donating her blood, she saved someone who was dying of radiation poisoning at the hands of Atom Smasher II. But the doctor warned her that due to some temporary anomaly, the blood transfer would cause her to permanently lose the ability to be resistant to radiation poisoning. Had she not donated her blood, the anomaly would have corrected itself. I don't recall if it included other poisons, but I'm guessing it did. It was a weird story -- I think my Mark Gruenwald and Ralph Macchio -- because it was a significant change to occur in a team-up book -- and not in her own series. But her sacrifice saved a life, so she had no regrets.

As stated above, the ability could have been restored.

All her resistances were restored after Hydra/Skrulls restored her powers. As far as I know, they still work the same way. This was most recently shown during Spidergeddon when she didn't really need the rad suit to survive. We also learned that Jessica's DNA/blood is so radioactive that the Inheritors can't eat her.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Has Jessica led a group of private-eye style heroes? Maybe based out of San Francisco or Oakland?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Has Jessica led a group of private-eye style heroes? Maybe based out of San Francisco or Oakland?
    That would be a pretty cool idea, and I could see that being parlayed into a confrontation (then team-up, hopefully) with Otto Octavius in whatever guise he takes after Superior Spider-Man ends.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be a pretty cool idea, and I could see that being parlayed into a confrontation (then team-up, hopefully) with Otto Octavius in whatever guise he takes after Superior Spider-Man ends.
    Give me this team up. Please. Toss Matt Murdock in while you're at it (though that would never happen but one can dream).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Give me this team up. Please. Toss Matt Murdock in while you're at it (though that would never happen but one can dream).
    Matt Murdock returning to San Francisco would be great, too. Come to think of it, maybe a "Lady Spy-Ders" --- to coin a turn of phrase from Anya back in Kelly Sue DeConnick's final arc of Avengers Assemble --- team-up would work out as well. I speak, of course, of Black Widow returning to San Francisco to join up with Jessica.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It was in a Marvel Two-In-One story -- not her early appearances, but after she had her own series.
    Marvel Two-in-One #85, perhaps?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Marvel Two-in-One #85, perhaps?
    That is it. She gave up her radiation immunity to save Bill Foster. (who should never have been killed off in CW)

Would be nice to see Jess destroy the Thor Clone in revenge.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 09-10-2019 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    This would be NYC, but:

Colleen Wing, Shang-chi, The Immortal Iron Fist and "Mr Knight" (financial backer)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-10-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Awesome!!!!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."