Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Has Jessica led a group of private-eye style heroes? Maybe based out of San Francisco or Oakland?
    I would be against that, private-eye heroes have always been more popular with writers than the audience. Unless it's an indy comic, Indy comics are 70 percent private-eye.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I would be against that, private-eye heroes have always been more popular with writers than the audience. Unless it's an indy comic, Indy comics are 70 percent private-eye.
    I was always under the impression "Private Eye" was what writers did with a character when they ran out of ideas. They tried making Black Cat a private eye in the 90's and that didn't work. And Kate Bishop became a private eye in 2016, and her series was cancelled after 16 issues.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I was always under the impression "Private Eye" was what writers did with a character when they ran out of ideas. They tried making Black Cat a private eye in the 90's and that didn't work. And Kate Bishop became a private eye in 2016, and her series was cancelled after 16 issues.
    I was under the impression that if you were a "street level hero" (ugh, can we just kill that limiting concept already? The 70s are over Marvel) you would eventually become a private-eye. How Kate Bishop ended up becoming a private-eye I will never know.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I admit, I was disappointed at first, but now I'm totally on board with it.
    COSTUMES.jpg

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    That is it. She gave up her radiation immunity to save Bill Foster. (who should never have been killed off in CW)

Would be nice to see Jess destroy the Thor Clone in revenge.
    Agreed. Still haven't quite forgiven Iron Man (and Reed Richards) for that, or the Avengers as a whole for brushing it under the rug as soon as Norman Osborn's Dark Reign was over and the band was getting back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Very cool, and is that Red Sonja?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Jess's private eye era under Chris Claremont was interesting. That was how she earned her bread -- but cases would often involved her being Spider-Woman. I think, though, that most of the stories from that era were more focused on the superhero/adventure aspect than investigative work.

I mean..Jess is more the Investigative part of "Investigative Reporter" for Urich? Well, I guess she's a PI cause he's hired her to track down his leads so he can write about them. Nevermind.

If you pay attention to the road trip issues of Dennis Hopeless Spider-Woman run, you can see he did a pretty good job integrating the PI part of her life with the bizarre, horror and supernatural part of her original series. It's just a bummer he never actually got to do actual arcs for some of those panels.

I wish his run had had a chance to go for longer - it was interrupted by a lot of events and out of 27 total issues I can only think of 2 arcs without an even tie in or cross over issue (the Baby arc and the final arc).
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    This would be NYC, but:

Colleen Wing, Shang-chi, The Immortal Iron Fist and "Mr Knight" (financial backer)
    Put The Black Cat with the team and Marvel's got a winning formula...

The team in that pic is one I could get behind. Who is the artist?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Very cool, and is that Red Sonja?
    Yeah it is. Poor colorist on that art though - both Jessica and Carol are miscoloured.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I think Private Investigator can be a good thing for a super who does not want to be official law enforcement. Give a valid excuse to be looking into things. "I was hired by my client to look into this for them."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Did Bruce Timm draw this?
    The J-man

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    And her stealth suit from the Civil War II tie-in arc.

Speaking of Jessica, any thoughts on Strikeforce #1?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I loved it. Definitely going into supernatural horror I think. It's gonna be fun. Looks like her pheromone powers are coming back I to play too. Very interested in seeing how Tini has Jess use them.

Screenshot_20190928-192901~2.jpg
    Last edited by Seren; 09-28-2019 at 04:31 PM.